We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ADHD? Options

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#1 Posted : 12/3/2014 12:51:57 AM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

I have extreme difficulties focusing on school work.
I attend an online school and it is impossible for me to concentrate.
I've tried drinking green tea, good sleep schedule, cleaning my room, deep breathing, prescription drugs, etc.

Does anyone have experience with ADHD?
I have a 20mg mixed amphetamine capsule and I'm hesitant to take it.
I abused speed and other drugs for a few years and I've been doing rather well being sober.
Tobbacco used to help me pay attention
I think it's the dopamine and CNS stimulation that gets me going but I'd rather do it naturally without relying on a substance.

Any advice?
(103 lessons behind)
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Akasha224
#2 Posted : 12/3/2014 1:46:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lsDxMdmaddicThc wrote:
I've tried drinking green tea, good sleep schedule, cleaning my room, deep breathing, prescription drugs, etc.

I abused speed and other drugs for a few years and I've been doing rather well being sober.
I think it's the dopamine and CNS stimulation that gets me going but I'd rather do it naturally without relying on a substance.

Any advice?
(103 lessons behind)

Cannabis, preferably vaped, and in small threshold dosages. It helps me concentrate, especially when combined with yerba mate or green tea.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#3 Posted : 12/3/2014 4:05:56 PM

Akasha224 wrote:
lsDxMdmaddicThc wrote:

Any advice?
(103 lessons behind)

Cannabis, preferably vaped, and in small threshold dosages. It helps me concentrate, especially when combined with yerba mate or green tea.

Yes! Cannabis at VERY small doses (1 hit of fully matured cannabis) seemed to improve my attention. I felt more centered. I'm all out of cannabis and I don't plan to get anymore until I really get back on track.

I was a heavy cannabis user in my teens so maybe my brain got used to the cannabinoids. Now I rarely smoke pot and only in small quantities (reverse tolerance, 1 hit gets me very stoned)

Green Tea has the perfect amount of caffeine and l-theanine, it is also very centering for me.
They say it is a natural nootropic, I have to agree.
I'm all out of quality Green Tea leaves, I'll have to get some more.

I don't want to use cannabis daily, though.
I would like to use Green Tea and a natural method.
Maybe a diet change? Daily exercise idk...

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#4 Posted : 12/3/2014 4:09:55 PM

werd wrote:
phenylpiracetam to replace the nasty amphetamines....
high dose bacopa+ashwagandha+tulsi combo if you want something more natural.

I am a bit skeptical on nootropics, do you have experience with them?
I have none, so maybe my skepticism can be settled.
There MUST be some side effects.
I'm unsure of the pharmacokinetics of phenylpiracetam and they're relatively new and mysterious substances.

I would like to live a balanced life and I strive to get my body and mind into that amazing balance and you feel positivity radiating from your pores.

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#5 Posted : 12/4/2014 4:56:58 AM

werd wrote:
yeah, not good to be dependent on any one substance for 'energy'. haven't used that nootropic, more about food as medicine myself but I thought it might be something you might want to look into. caffeine is borrowed adrenal energy and quite physically addictive, by the way.
the herb synergy I mentioned (extracts of bacopa, ashwagandha root, and holy basil/tulsi) I have used with positive cognitive and emotional/adaptogenic effect before, but everyone's system is different. just saying...

I don't like the stimulated feeling i get from coffee or amphetamines anymore. I used to be an addict, dunno what happened?
Green tea is very balanced for me.
If you drink it too fast or too slow it will be off balance. By this i am speaking of the absorption rates of l-theanine (sedative) and caffeine (stimulant).
Green tea truly is natures miracle in my opinion. I have little experience with herbs, care to elaborate?

Aweems
#6 Posted : 12/4/2014 5:43:20 AM

Wisdom

The Truth of my Disorder

Embrace your gift Thumbs up
"You didn't ask for this, You didn't mean to.. It was all in the timing. This come to, this realization."

BundleflowerPower
#7 Posted : 12/4/2014 6:38:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have (had) ADHD. I didn't find out till my 20s, took pharmaceutical amphetamines for a few years.

Since the 2nd or 3rd time I drank ayahuasca, I haven't taking any ADHD medicine. That was about 9 months ago. Now I feel better and less add'd out than when I was taking the pills. Aya fixed ADHD and anxiety for me. The difference has been noted by my employer. I've never been more efficient at work.

anrchy
#8 Posted : 12/4/2014 10:31:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had fairly severe adhd as a child but was very lucky to have never been prescribed any medications for it. When i started smoking ridiculous amounts of weed at the age of 13 or 14 it seemed to have calmed down immensely. When i quit smoking weed for awhile when i was 18 i noticed it was back, this forced me to learn how to deal with it mentally. It was difficult and took many years but i was able to curb a lot of the negative effects and utilize some as positive effects.

I still have issues concentrating sometimes if something isnt interesting enough, and have a hard time sticking with hobbies. The hyperactive part is beneficial and i can (most of the time) bring it about on purpose.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

imPsimon
#9 Posted : 12/4/2014 9:34:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a NYtimes article about ADHD that might be of interest.

A Natural Fix for A.D.H.D.
http://www.nytimes.com/2...l-fix-for-adhd.html?_r=0

slewb
#10 Posted : 12/5/2014 3:14:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is just my own isolated experience, but I have pretty severe ADHD and marjiuana makes me completely useless, even in low doses.

Stimulants aggravated my anxiety way too much, even at 1/4 the dose I was prescribed.

Kratom helps for a while, but everytime I buy it I become addicted within a week or two.

The only surefire, natural, healthy way I have found to alleviate my ADHD (along with my depression and anxiety) is 45+ minutes of meditation per day and exercise.

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#11 Posted : 12/5/2014 8:46:31 PM

slewb wrote:
This is just my own isolated experience, but I have pretty severe ADHD and marjiuana makes me completely useless, even in low doses.

Stimulants aggravated my anxiety way too much, even at 1/4 the dose I was prescribed.

Kratom helps for a while, but everytime I buy it I become addicted within a week or two.

The only surefire, natural, healthy way I have found to alleviate my ADHD (along with my depression and anxiety) is 45+ minutes of meditation per day and exercise.

I will be trying this.
It can be difficult for me to meditate, but I am trying to teach myself discipline and control.
I turned down stimulants and alcohol the other day, they were literally in my hands.
That was hard for me to do.
But I feel I'm on the right path.