We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Simple clean-up for NPS pulled from ACRB ( mini AB ) Options

Earthwalker
#1 Posted : 11/10/2014 3:14:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok for those who are wanting to produce white crystals with no goo follow these simple steps ( please do all pulls back to back ) as it helps stop confusion , and precipertating crystals sinking and making it harder to extract
Also for best results perform cleanup with multiple pulls ( I use 5 pulls from a simple ATB pulled back to back with fantastic results !!!

You can also find the full extraction here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=58064&find=unread

This will work with any naphtha pulled from ACRB Thumbs up

CLEANUP STEPS
❌ Step 1
In a glass bottle with a thin neck approx 1ltr in size , in this bottle place approx 500ml water with you're choice of acid to get a ph 2-3 as before !

❌ Step 2
place into this acidic water you're naphtha pulls that has been pulled from the basic soup !

Now shake this and let it separate atleast a minimum of 10 times !

❌ Step 3
Now pippet or syphon out all the naphtha along with the brown fatty liquid that sits animated in between the two layers and discard this as it contains the plant fats and oils and no longer contains any alkaloids !!

Now the 500ml acidic water solution contains the dmt !

❌ Step 4
Now get 200ml water add to this 50g of lye and add this to the acidic solution , it will turn white straight away and dmt will crash out of the mix and flout around on the top of the solution then top off with a futher amount off water to the bottle but leave enough room for you're 50ml naphtha pulls !!

❌ Step 5
Now you can pull just like with the extraction mixing and let seperate x 4 now pull with fresh hot naphtha I usually mix ( approx 50ml - 70ml ) for the first 2 pulls
as it will be very saturated and will turn white and thick as soon as it hits the cool pipette or syringe ) this is the dmt crashing out at a cooler temp and after the first two reduce the amount of naphtha to ( 50 ml ) do this atleast 4-5 times and this shaking won't cause an emulsion !
You will notice the pulls are crystal clear

You will notice there seems to be a white fatty layer between the water and new solvent , this is normal ! It is a mix of dmt particles and abit of fat that seems to still make it through the Backsalting stage !
Now with every pull it will get thinner just don't suck any off it up !
Do this until the mix is no longer white or until the mix is not any longer giving any dmt , I usually do about 5x pulls and place all 5 pulls in one precipe dish !

❌ Step 6
Then pre evap with a fan or fresh air from a open window blowing air across the dish until half the liquid has evaporated or until naphtha turns milky ( but don't just go off the liquid turning milky as it will turn milky with any cool air blowing over the dish ) so go off the volume

❌ Step 7
Then cover with plastic wrap or with anything that creates a air tight , watertight seal ! Large ziplock bags even if there's no other way and then freeze for 18+ hrs then once you get it out the freezer tip the naphtha of the top then place dish side on then fan dry
( please do this as quick as possible ) , after a couple of hours drying you then can scrape then smoke ! Good luck !

❌ this is the final end product from five 50ml pulls from 100g of ACRB ! Total weight was 1.74g which is a yield of 1.74%

Later pulls can be done and I suggest to do as many pulls as is required until the bark is spent ! But later pulls done singly don't require a defat and this is a good way of seeing if you're bark is still putting out !

IMHO This is Truely the best way to get fluffy white crystals from ACRB !
And it's as easy as it sounds !

Any questions just ask , but if you feel you don't understand any part please read again as many times as it takes to get it down pat !

Sorry for any spelling mistakes and my grammar isn't the best so sorry in advance !!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 11/10/2014 4:33:27 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Don't defat, it's a waste of time and solvent, imo.

Most people are better served by protonating their end product (salting out) and then converting to freebase or carrying out a discrete mini a/b at the end of their first extraction.

I'd really like to see the whole defatting fad fall by the wayside.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Earthwalker
#3 Posted : 11/10/2014 8:33:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
and then converting to freebase or carrying out a discrete mini a/b at the end of their first extraction.

Well that's what this is isn't it ??

cyb
#4 Posted : 11/10/2014 8:49:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Earthwalker wrote:

Snozz maybe referring to the terminology. (as portrayed in the title)

A mini A/B is exactly that...a mini A/B. (Acid then Base of a solution)

Using the term 'defat' is somewhat misleading as you are not actually 'de-fatting'. There is no fat involved. Just oil removal.

In the past the term 'defat' was used as the introduction of solvent at the acidic stage to dissolve oils from the solution and then discard them. This rarely worked well.

The mini A/B at the solvent collection stage appears to work very well for ACRB extractions by removing/converting? NMT and other contaminants that cause the 'dreaded GOO' (dependent very much on bark quality and NMT content)

(it would, however, be advantageous to have a detailed analysis of the resulting white crystals though, to confirm their purity)

Perhaps change your references from 'defat' to 'Cleanup'? Wink
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Earthwalker
#5 Posted : 11/10/2014 10:32:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:

Snozz maybe referring to the terminology. (as portrayed in the title)

A mini A/B is exactly that...a mini A/B. (Acid then Base of a solution)

Using the term 'defat' is somewhat misleading as you are not actually 'de-fatting'. There is no fat involved. Just oil removal.

In the past the term 'defat' was used as the introduction of solvent at the acidic stage to dissolve oils from the solution and then discard them. This rarely worked well.

The mini A/B at the solvent collection stage appears to work very well for ACRB extractions by removing/converting? NMT and other contaminants that cause the 'dreaded GOO' (dependent very much on bark quality and NMT content)

(it would, however, be advantageous to have a detailed analysis of the resulting white crystals though, to confirm their purity)

Perhaps change your references from 'defat' to 'Cleanup'? Wink

Very well explained and agree totaly soz snoz haha !! And done ! !

ChemicalEnthusiast
#6 Posted : 11/10/2014 6:04:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With all due respect, I'm pretty sure this is technically defatting.

If you follow the steps in EW's tek (which is basically the max ion tek with a mini A/B at the end and no 'defatting' of the original acidic solution) then you most definitely will have fats in the initial pulls.

This is because the bark is in direct contact with the NP solvent. This bark has fats and therefore the fats will no doubt be pulled into the solvent. In fact, these fats will have a higher affinity for the NP solvent compared to the DMT freebase. This means the NP solvent will pull all of the fats before all of the DMT freebase is pulled.

The mini A/B works because it converts the DMT freebase back into a salt and leaves these fats in the solvent (as they are insoluble in aqueous solution because they are unable to form salts).

Correct me if I'm wrong, I am a chemist so feel free to get technical Wink (seems like a good topic for the advanced chemistry section).

CHEMSITRY! Big grin

ChemicalEnthusiast
#7 Posted : 11/10/2014 6:20:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
Using the term 'defat' is somewhat misleading as you are not actually 'de-fatting'. There is no fat involved.

How wouldn't there be fat involved? If your NP solvent comes in direct contact with ACRB then you will pull fats correct?

The only way around this is if you separate the plant material from the acidic solution first, then convert to freebase and pull with NP solvent (which doesn't happen in this tek).

Otherwise the root bark is coming directly in contact with the NP solvent and therefore the fats will be dissolved in the NP solvent.

Earthwalker
#8 Posted : 11/22/2014 4:28:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ChemicalEnthusiast wrote:
cyb wrote:
Using the term 'defat' is somewhat misleading as you are not actually 'de-fatting'. There is no fat involved.

How wouldn't there be fat involved? If your NP solvent comes in direct contact with ACRB then you will pull fats correct?

The only way around this is if you separate the plant material from the acidic solution first, then convert to freebase and pull with NP solvent (which doesn't happen in this tek).

Otherwise the root bark is coming directly in contact with the NP solvent and therefore the fats will be dissolved in the NP solvent.

This is the exact reason I added this TEK to the end of the max-ion or hybrid salt TEK ,, as this ( defat ) or MiniAB or what ever you want to call it .... saves doing a re crystallization and then a sodium carb wash , and it's a such a deflating feeling seeing all you're hard work only to get a gooey substance with a few tan crystals only to melt away , then to do these simple steps to change the veiw that you're meet with when opening the freezer to see a dish of overflowing white crystals as pure as the drivin snow ......so technically it is a defat .. Thoughts Neutral

starway6
#9 Posted : 12/2/2014 1:33:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote

Now the 500ml acidic water solution contains the dmt !

Just curious what would you get if you total evaporated the acidic water containing the DMT?

I had some left over napatha that i poured off of an over saturated jar of wet crystals...
I thought i had defatted three times in beginning..but after putting acidic water into the napatha trying a mini AB..there was a ton of goo in the bottle and you could clearly see the acidic water .it looked soo clean of fat and goo!!

Notice photo of tiped bottle the goo is easy to see in the napatha!

The more i read this and understand it the more i like it ...Thanks...
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08938.JPG (2,511kb) downloaded 1,842 time(s).

1ce
#10 Posted : 12/2/2014 1:51:50 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Hmm, if you're still getting goo you could try precipitating out an acid from a non polar solvent, or clean up the solvent with a pinch of activated carbon.

starway6
#11 Posted : 12/2/2014 1:56:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry i would have sent photo but im new to windows 7.. and have always been used to Windows xp..
But i can clearly see a clear goo with air bubbles suspended all in the napatha and the acidic water looks very free of all fats...!
Now all i need to do is rest of mini.AB...!Smile

starway6
#12 Posted : 12/2/2014 2:00:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
Hmm, if you're still getting goo you could try precipitating out an acid from a non polar solvent, or clean up the solvent with a pinch of activated carbon.

I origionaly used the de fatting step after first napatha pulls early before basifying..and thought it was enough.. but this mini AB defat showed me that i didnt get it all out...
If the DMT is in the acidic water ..what i have now looks free of all fats...

1ce
#13 Posted : 12/2/2014 2:50:55 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

That's pretty cool :3 I meant precipitate the acid out of a solvent without any moisture being present. One cool thing about a mini liquid to liquid extraction is, you can reduce how much solvent you use to precip without having to evaporate it all. It's far less wasteful.

I use a similar method, except I crash out the acid salt directly from the solvent. There are 2 advantages to this.

The first advantage is you transfer only materials that can be converted to a salt. The second advantage is I can dissolve the salt in minimal water. This allows me to use the fewest amount of materials required to convert my spice and pull it. I then basify my water and pull directly with heptane.

My logic follows that at this point any DMT in the basic solution is now out of the origional non-polar. So I figure the purity must be close, if not the same as an origional freeze precip so I presume the heptane pull to be another purification phase.

Works well anyway.
-travel safely

starway6
#14 Posted : 12/2/2014 4:20:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is the goo and fat that still remained in napatha the the Mini AB cleanup droduced...
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08939.JPG (2,285kb) downloaded 1,840 time(s).

ChemicalEnthusiast
#15 Posted : 6/4/2015 3:52:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a reason that this tek doesn't add any salt (NaCl)?

Step 2 of the full tek adds salt to increase the ionic strength and I was wondering why you didn't add any salt during the mini A/B?

Thanks!

Bl1nd
#16 Posted : 6/8/2015 9:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a reason that this tek doesn't add any salt (NaCl)?

Step 2 of the full tek adds salt to increase the ionic strength and I was wondering why you didn't add any salt during the mini A/B?

Thanks!

Raising this question from the dead. ChemEnth... So your would add it in the clean up Australia?
... not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Life is just a ride - Bill Hicks.

ChemicalEnthusiast
#17 Posted : 6/11/2015 4:46:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kingofsnakes wrote:
Raising this question from the dead. ChemEnth... So your would add it in the clean up Australia?

I don't see why one wouldn't add the salt in the mini A/B. The purpose (as I understand it) is to increase the ionic strength of the solution, which in turn forces the DMT out of solution.

starway6
#18 Posted : 11/30/2015 5:13:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

Most people are better served by protonating their end product (salting out) and then converting to freebase or carrying out a discrete mini a/b at the end of their first extraction.

Could this mini AB cleanup for DMT also work for defatting San Pedro cacti tea?.. in effort to get mescaline crystals ..or at least a cleaner fat free product closer to pure leaving behind many unwanted body load alcaloids?

I just made some san pedro cacti tea and am trying this ab cleanup today...

Instead of defatting at the beginning of the extraction could this work for for mescaline cacti?

Has anyone tryed this AB cleanup with mescaline cacti?

DreaMTripper
#19 Posted : 12/1/2015 11:50:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kingofsnakes wrote:

I don't see why one wouldn't add the salt in the mini A/B. The purpose (as I understand it) is to increase the ionic strength of the solution, which in turn forces the DMT out of solution.

The solution is clean enough at this stage to pull the maximum amount so salt wont make a significant difference, its different to when it is in a complex plant soup, by all means try it and see if it increases yield.

starway6 wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Could this mini AB cleanup for DMT also work for defatting San Pedro cacti tea?.. in effort to get mescaline crystals ..or at least a cleaner fat free product closer to pure leaving behind many unwanted body load alcaloids?

I just made some san pedro cacti tea and am trying this ab cleanup today...

Instead of defatting at the beginning of the extraction could this work for for mescaline cacti?

Has anyone tryed this AB cleanup with mescaline cacti?

I see no reason why it wouldnt create a clean extract, it is a stage in refinement of the extract so providing you use the correct pH then you should get a nice result. As for separating certain alkaloids you would need to know the pH of these individual alkaloids that need isolating.

Spiralout
#20 Posted : 12/1/2015 4:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im playing around with most efficient clean up working with wahat i have....

1ce is ya read this, if not ill try and catch ya on chat; is the only real practical way of salting out of nps using a gas like hcl or sulphuric? I obvioscly cant do this as I dont have proper equipment to be safe..

I take my oilfatty bark pulls and backsalt with acetic water. Would another acid be more ideal? Acetic works anyways.

It seems when rebase the acid dmt water solution its far more efficient pullinf when theres a much smaller volume of water to pull from......... so this is my real question

Once ive got most of the dmt can i re acidify and reduce this liquid on stove top etc and then rebase? Also I havent added salt; will do that.

I have some water thats based with alks in it but its so dilute that its not worth pullsing, im thinking of experimenting by converting that back to acid with hcl and reducing adding salt and re pulling

all the love Smile

12NEXT