We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin Tek research - missing steps Options

Tengukashi
#1 Posted : 11/29/2014 6:12:59 AM

Master of Massive Altitudes

Hey guys, SWIM was looking on lyceaum and found a tek. I was wondering if SWIM could get a review of it.

Mushroom Extraction

1. Dry the mushrooms within 24-48 hours.
2. Crush the dried carpophores to a powder.
3. Add twice volume of chloroform (or other halogenated hydrocarbon non polar solvent).
Shake vigorously and allow to stand for 2-4 hours.
4. Filter and discard the chloroform.
5. Add chloroform as step 3, shake, stand for 30 minutes.
6. Filter and discard the chloroform.
7. Add twice volume of acetone, shake and stand for 1-2 hours.
8. Filter and discard the acetone. Probably repeat this step one more time.
9. Add 150% volume methanol, shake and allow to stand 4-8 hours. Filter, keep methanol.
10.Add methanol, repeat step 9, stand for less time. Filter, keep methanol.
11.Repeat methanol step third time. Discard residue.
12.Combine methanol extracts

SWIM feels that this would produce a decent product with little nausea, but wonders if anything else can be done to improve said tek.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/29/2014 1:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I think this was based on something written by Hofmann.

I never tried it myself, but it might work. The question is, how are you going to retrieve the psilo from the methanol? Some kind of evap under vacuum/inert atmosphere would be ideal to prevent oxidation but not always possible. Maybe combining this tek with methanol freeze precip could be interesting to experiment with.

Please do note that both chloroform and methanol are quite toxic, so be sure to use a flow hood or otherwise excellent ventilation/mask , and make sure the product has no remains of those chemicals by completely drying them.

Regarding the nausea, even pure psilo could induce nausea, just like pure dmt and harmalas can produce nausea. Maybe 5-HT3 antagonism with ginger could help, might want to experiment with that. But even then you might still have nausea, who knows, or not have nausea even eating whole mushrooms... I'd also argue that you dont have to worry too much either way since nausea is a part of the experience that might be beneficial too, by putting you through a reminder of your mortality, an extra challenge to overcome and be able to really appreciate being alive. But by all means experiment and find what works best for you.

Tengukashi
#3 Posted : 12/1/2014 5:41:41 PM

Master of Massive Altitudes

I didn't realize that methanol was also a viable freeze-precipitation solvent. Sounds quite doable, and swim would probably replace the chloroform with another halogenated hydrocarbon. He has a nice amount of DCM, but has heard that stuff is quite toxic as well.

He's also been thinking of building a vacuum chamber to evap winterized QWISO and QWETO. SWIM's worried about the nausea because of a cold water LSA extract. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences he's had, and paled in comparison to Kash's acetone tek's product.

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/1/2014 5:51:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I never tried it myself, but it might work. The question is, how are you going to retrieve the psilo from the methanol? Some kind of evap under vacuum/inert atmosphere would be ideal to prevent oxidation but not always possible."

Are you sure psilocybin will oxidize? I have made dry resin from cubensis and it was still active and it was dried in a dehydrator.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#5 Posted : 12/1/2014 6:33:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I also smoked(not vaped) some cubensis resin/tar from an iso extraction in a bong with mild but definite tryptamine activity. Im not so sure I buy all the psilocybin degradation talk any more to the extent it has been presented.
Long live the unwoke.