We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marijuanas Long Term effects revealed Options

Bdevall158
#1 Posted : 11/28/2014 2:46:48 AM

Mind Wanderer

University of Texas just let out their study on the long term effects of Marijuana, and its good news Thumbs up

UT Marijuana Long Term Effects
LOVE & LIGHT

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Praxis.
#2 Posted : 11/28/2014 3:19:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Woot woot! Thumbs up

My only question is what was the ROA, smoked or oral administration?

Regardless, I'm going to spark one up in celebration! Here's to fighting Alzheimer's and greater structural and functional connectivity in the brain! I'll consider this a preventative measure...for my health. Big grin
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 11/28/2014 2:17:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pleased Nice posting!

My brother is currently concluding the results of his lab study, which includes cannabinoid receptor activity and their effects on amyloid beta-plaque.. will share results here when finished.

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

BundleflowerPower
#4 Posted : 11/29/2014 1:29:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always knew smoking herb made makes me smarter, basically the oppisite of the "weed makes you stupid" propaganda.

Ufostrahlen
#5 Posted : 11/29/2014 7:21:25 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Libgen has the study online. Thumbs up

http://libgen.org/scimag...0.1073%2Fpnas.1415297111
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

SpartanII
#6 Posted : 11/29/2014 6:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, the only long term effects ive noticed from smoking marijuana are respiratory irritation, motivation problems, and diminished dream recall.

Praxis.
#7 Posted : 11/29/2014 7:33:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
Hmm, the only long term effects ive noticed from smoking marijuana are respiratory irritation, motivation problems, and diminished dream recall.

I'm not so sure that's entirely fair; it's not like you can subjectively feel your body fighting off Alzheimer's. I could very easily say the same thing about long term psychedelic use; that they space you out, ruin your memory, and make you anti-social...but that would just be my own subjective experience and I would be disregarding all of the legitimate research being done showing that psychedelics restructure the brain in a positive way.

Everyone is different, we all have our own individual reactions to substances. This is a thread about a specific study regarding the measurable effects of marijuana on the brain.

Not that your experience/input isn't valuable, and I don't mean to jump on you, it just seems to me a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

Regardless, I'd say everything in moderation; I experience many of the things you mention from long-term cannabis use and I deal with it by taking breaks and smoking less frequently.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

SpartanII
#8 Posted : 11/29/2014 9:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VTSeeker48 wrote:
SpartanII wrote:

I'm not so sure that's entirely fair; it's not like you can subjectively feel your body fighting off Alzheimer's. I could very easily say the same thing about long term psychedelic use; that they space you out, ruin your memory, and make you anti-social...but that would just be my own subjective experience and I would be disregarding all of the legitimate research being done showing that psychedelics restructure the brain in a positive way.

Everyone is different, we all have our own individual reactions to substances. This is a thread about a specific study regarding the measurable effects of marijuana on the brain.

Not that your experience/input isn't valuable, and I don't mean to jump on you, it just seems to me a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

Regardless, I'd say everything in moderation; I experience many of the things you mention from long-term cannabis use and I deal with it by taking breaks and smoking less frequently.

I hear ya. I guess for me it just seems contradictory that something that has negative subjective effects can have such positive objective effects. That, and I'm often skeptical of studies as they sometimes seem to have contradictory results with one another.

BundleflowerPower
#9 Posted : 11/30/2014 4:33:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't speak for everybody but I like to chief at work. I do skilled trade type work in the construction industry. I won't say which trade for anonimity reasons but I've worked in ship construction, oil drilling platform construction and home building. The quality of my work is simply better while I'm high, as well as getting along with co workers better and deeper concentration. I also tend to think about my personal safety much more while under the effects of cannibis, for instance if I'm working high in the air with a harness, I'll take far less chances while moving from one spot to another, while sober I may move around unstrapped, weed def makes one think twice about that. Stop

Of course this was before I got into aya and other entheogens, now days it doesn't matter weather I smoke since the benificial effects of oral and smoked DMT, LSA, etc seem to stay with me.

Bdevall158
#10 Posted : 11/30/2014 5:58:27 PM

Mind Wanderer

Quote:
I can't speak for everybody but I like to chief at work. I do skilled trade type work in the construction industry. I won't say which trade for anonimity reasons but I've worked in ship construction, oil drilling platform construction and home building. The quality of my work is simply better while I'm high, as well as getting along with co workers better and deeper concentration. I also tend to think about my personal safety much more while under the effects of cannibis, for instance if I'm working high in the air with a harness, I'll take far less chances while moving from one spot to another, while sober I may move around unstrapped, weed def makes one think twice about that. Stop

Got to say same here on that one, I too work construction of a three story home addition, and from doing cat walks on the frame to being harnessed on a roof building, Cannabis has been there 110% of the time. For one in the hot texas sun, not only can a puff cool down your internal temp, as well as keep all work related stress to a min. I am very aware though that this should not be everyone's practice, because when I bring friends to the gig sometimes regret it after thinking they have a tolerance like mine. My tolerance and intake usually fluctuates based on time of year and geographical location. ( I'm in Mendo county ATM finishing harvest season Razz )

So times like now I'm smoking way more than any normal human, and with that for me comes more control over the experience. I'm at a point now where I like to smoke 1g herb with 1 g hash infused in a joint, and I like to take that on a walk in nature to pontificate about all sorts of things in life. And im at a steady diet of 3-4 of those a day. I'm in no way trying to show off, but just to share that I don't feel overwhelmed by being that stoned, it actually makes me much more relaxed, and gives me a good perspective to look at things. I also have some wicked family dilemmas right now, and without cannabis, I don't think my frustration could be as tamed as its been.

I think If it was doing damage by now id be up skid row without a paddle, because I'm somewhere near my 8th year of use, and I still am addicted to soaking in every bit of knowledge I possibly can. I have taken the liberty to become a self taught individual, and although I wont have a degree to prove a damn thing, I still feel that I am in no way shape or form doing anything to my brain but constantly building connections and increasing data space Smile
LOVE & LIGHT

BundleflowerPower
#11 Posted : 12/1/2014 5:03:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bdevall158 wrote:
Quote:

Got to say same here on that one, I too work construction of a three story home addition, and from doing cat walks on the frame to being harnessed on a roof building, Cannabis has been there 110% of the time. For one in the hot texas sun, not only can a puff cool down your internal temp, as well as keep all work related stress to a min. I am very aware though that this should not be everyone's practice, because when I bring friends to the gig sometimes regret it after thinking they have a tolerance like mine. My tolerance and intake usually fluctuates based on time of year and geographical location. ( I'm in Mendo county ATM finishing harvest season Razz )

So times like now I'm smoking way more than any normal human, and with that for me comes more control over the experience. I'm at a point now where I like to smoke 1g herb with 1 g hash infused in a joint, and I like to take that on a walk in nature to pontificate about all sorts of things in life. And im at a steady diet of 3-4 of those a day. I'm in no way trying to show off, but just to share that I don't feel overwhelmed by being that stoned, it actually makes me much more relaxed, and gives me a good perspective to look at things. I also have some wicked family dilemmas right now, and without cannabis, I don't think my frustration could be as tamed as its been.

I think If it was doing damage by now id be up skid row without a paddle, because I'm somewhere near my 8th year of use, and I still am addicted to soaking in every bit of knowledge I possibly can. I have taken the liberty to become a self taught individual, and although I wont have a degree to prove a damn thing, I still feel that I am in no way shape or form doing anything to my brain but constantly building connections and increasing data space Smile

We have a lot in common. We may not have degrees but we've figured out / still learning this secret plant knowledge that a degree could never describe. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have degree, but every thing has led me to this point and if I had stayed in school and got a degree I may not have learned anywhere near as much as have.

Bdevall158
#12 Posted : 12/1/2014 6:31:26 AM

Mind Wanderer

They just don't have schools yet for what we want to learn yet that's all
LOVE & LIGHT