We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Goodbye and thank you Options

expandaneum
#1 Posted : 11/17/2014 11:47:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Nexians,
More than ten years ago I first met with DMT and more than two years ago I became a member of the nexus and although I haven’t contributed as much as I liked to, I did always felt welcome and respected.

So as much as this is a goodbye this is a thank you Nexians. Thumbs up

As for a reason there is not really one thing in particular I just feel it has been enough. There have been some concerns like the huge influx of new members and their strong feeling of wanting to be a part of, or the sometimes seemingly endless repetition of members answering questions that have been answered a hundred times before. But all these things are handled in the best possible way. I leave so to say with a good feeling.

So by by nexus, see you on the other side and thanks for time I could spend here, it’s time for me to disintegrate into hyperspace.

Take care
Expandaneum.

Before I leave I would want to give the new members a little advise. Therefore I made this thread. THIS I could not post it in the wecome section so if it could be moved to there that would be great.
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 11/18/2014 12:02:27 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Take care, expandaneum, and good luck on your journey.

It is nice having considerate members who share the philosophy of self-discovery and personal responsibility. I too get tired of the influx and general lack of reading what has been done and documented time and time again. You are not alone in those feelings. Part of the joy with DMT is the process of research which many new members seem to lack. Not sure why.

Keep your attitude strong, it will take you far in life. Thanks for being a member.

Peac.e

PS - Maybe post a link to the security article in your signature for posterity? Pleased
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 11/18/2014 10:40:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunatly i have to agree with you expandaneum. There is nothing wrong with being new and curious and stuff, but the nexus has been a place of exciting developments. This stopped being the case a while ago. Or pheraps the signal to noise ratio is just unfavourable? I don't know...

All the best

d*l*b
#4 Posted : 11/19/2014 12:28:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to see you go, it is a shame. Anyhow, safe travels.
D × V × F > R

endlessness
#5 Posted : 11/19/2014 10:54:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hope you enjoy your time elsewhere Smile

You people need to be more patient though, imo... There is so much going on in the background, innovation, tests, new collaborations, and so on. If you see the ebb and flow in the Nexus, its always like this: Sometimes a lot of things happen, and then we go into periods of apparent dormancy, while things cook up in the background, and then it erupts again with novelty and expansion. Next year is very promising Very happy

Lastly, if you feel there isn't enough good information being put out, then help us out by making the good posts you want to see yourself Smile

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 11/19/2014 11:09:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know why so much has to be "in the background". I've heard that for a while and that is something new to the nexus. In the "old days" it was certainly more transparant and open thus creating more overall excitement and inspiration.

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 11/19/2014 2:17:24 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

expandaneum, I'm very sorry to see you go. I hope it will end up being a short break or hiatus and we may find you poking around again in the future. Either way, it's been wonderful to have you and I hope this is not the last we have seen of you Smile

obliguhl wrote:
I don't know why so much has to be "in the background". I've heard that for a while and that is something new to the nexus. In the "old days" it was certainly more transparant and open thus creating more overall excitement and inspiration.

In the old days we didn't have the connections and engagement from *outside* people/agencies that we have begun to experience over the past 2-3 years. It's easy to be transparent when everything takes place on the forum, it's not as easy when there are other channels of communication through which information exchange is flowing.

Additionally, at least for the few projects I'm working on, if I were to take the time to post all of the correspondence with folks or status updates for projects like the Nexian, I'd never have time to do the actual work. Plus, most of it is incredibly boring, whereas the end project itself tends to be exciting. Trust me when I say that no one wants to see the logs of what hours of editing looks like, yet the excitement of seeing the published product is undeniable.

There are still completely transparent projects such as the CRP that could benefit from active community engagement...but as we saw after the initial push, most people don't find it exciting enough or care deeply enough to put in the time/effort necessary on such projects. It's not like we've checked off everything on the to-do list or roped off sections of research...there's plenty that can be done entirely out in the open...people just need to do it.

I agree with your signal to noise comment obliguhl, and I think it is well-stated. That said, we are not the forum that we were three or four or five years ago any more than any of us are the same people we were three or four or five years ago. The question is, imo, "How will we choose to grow and what will that look like?"
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור