We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
UK n00b... Naphtha? Options

Ohnanka
#1 Posted : 5/18/2009 12:10:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So, SWIM lives in the UK and wants to get hold of VM&P Naphtha... Anyone here from the UK who can give them advice?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Fakkz
#2 Posted : 5/18/2009 12:24:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

VM&P naphtha is only available in the US. The are other people in the UK in your position, and several other threads where alternatives are discussed. Some white spirits, coleman lighter fluid are some that can be looked into. Before you use any solvent, you should always evaporate a small amount to make sure it leaves no residue behind.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 5/18/2009 12:36:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Swan lighter fluid is good.

SWIM prefers coleman fuel for camping stoves.

balaganist
#4 Posted : 5/18/2009 11:38:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM would also recommened looking into the dry limonene tek, listed by ron69 and also Phlux. He has just had good success with that, but says that if SWIY wants nice crystals rather than goo, he/she should carry on with naphtha or xylene/tuolene. SWIM is also just a n00b. But is very happy with his orangey honey spice enhanced changa Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

gammagore
#5 Posted : 5/19/2009 12:30:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has just finished an extraction using Marsofolds TEK using Newport lighter fluid, works like a dream, Colemans fuel available at a well known camping store also works.

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 5/19/2009 12:37:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This thread has some info for you
'Chemical supplies' http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=3837

Don't use Colemans! It at least sometimes comes with something dodgy that people say is a anti-rust additive. Leaves nasty blue residue.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 5/19/2009 12:55:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

ohayoco wrote:
This thread has some info for you
'Chemical supplies' http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=3837

Don't use Colemans! It at least sometimes comes with something dodgy that people say is a anti-rust additive. Leaves nasty blue residue.

I never had this problem. I really don't understand why a manufacturer would put something in one batch but not another.

Coleman do a few different fuels (I think) but the camping stove gas refill seems to work just fine.

geeg30
#8 Posted : 5/27/2009 2:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ronsonol and its little brother Permafluid (both sold in the UK) are basically VM&P naptha or so says the MSDS. Swim uses Permafluid (costs £1 from local £shop 100ml or £8 for 12 cans from warehouse) with excellent results. "Panel Wipe" from certain places is also close to VM&P (about £12 for 5L)
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

MalargueZiggy
#9 Posted : 5/27/2009 7:32:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah the Colemans debate.

My friend uses Colemans quite happily, it's reasonably cheap and can be purchased in large quantities quite easily. Try the Blacks store.

The other consideration my friend has is that he can pass off Coleman's for legitimate camping purposes. Unfortunately he has to be quite careful that everything that may be found is legitimate, in the hoarding stage of the run-up to the brief windows of opportunity he has to extract.

I've heard reports of someone using Colemans and his friends smoking the D and getting nothing and being really sick etc, but my friend has never had any problems and his D smokes well, works well etc etc.

Depends what you can easily get your hands on out of the options ppl have suggested I guess.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

hmale4yu
#10 Posted : 5/27/2009 10:48:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bartoli Low Odour White Spirit available at B&Q using Noman Tek

fractal rider
#11 Posted : 5/28/2009 6:42:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi i am not from uk i am form southamerica and there is a product here that its called bencina blanca that is a mix of hydrocarbons there is a link here that says its pure naphta and has the details of this i was wondering if this is good naphta to use it is sold at hardware strores where the thinner and solvents are in that section here is the link the only thing is that it is in spanish http://www.dideval.com/pdf/seguridad/bencina.pdf

om namah shivaya

balaganist
#12 Posted : 5/30/2009 2:30:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unless ur really bent on getting pure white crystals.... I would highly recommend using one of the Limonene teks! Esp Jorkest's new one... however I have no experience of using hydrocarbons for extraction, so I may well be unfairly biased.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

fractal rider
#13 Posted : 5/30/2009 8:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim cant find limonene over here naphta is more easy to find they have otrher solvents but reading nomas tek i dont now if arte the solvent using this tek is better then naphta and is easily find he are otrher solvents to but i have been reading that naphta is good for extration
om namah shivaya

SWIMfriend
#14 Posted : 5/31/2009 2:26:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

balaganist wrote:
Unless ur really bent on getting pure white crystals.... I would highly recommend using one of the Limonene teks! Esp Jorkest's new one... however I have no experience of using hydrocarbons for extraction, so I may well be unfairly biased.

I'm eager to try these...