We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cold water extraction of mimosa Options

almostacontam
#1 Posted : 2/17/2009 1:41:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so according to this method all i'd have to do is set up the perc.
add, lets say, 4 grams of mhrb powder, and put in around half a liter of water, let it go through, and it will be relativly active??
and maybe add some egg whites for some of the tannins?

i saw vinegar would work to make the water acidic. what ratio should i use?

if this does work, when i get some more mhrb in about 2 weeks i'll make a tek with pic which all of you can add more information to. since i think this is definatly an overlooked process.

Dagger wrote:
A percolater lets the liquid move through the powdered material, coming out on the other side, full of actives.

So, the basic setup is like this:
1. Get a big plastic bottle, 1+ liter.
2. Cut off the bottom of it.
3. Stuff some cotton down into the neck of the bottle. Don't stuff it that hard, do it relatively gently.
4. Add the mimosa powder on top of the cotton.
5. Put something over the mimosa to prevent the powder from floating up. This could be a kitchen cloth.
6. Put the setup over a jar, where it can drip into. Put something in between the jar and the bottle so the air can come out, or the setup will eventually stop dripping.
7. Add the water, with your prefered acid in.
8. Let it drip. Go relax. When it has all dripped through, you can add more water if need be.
9. Cook it all down.

Thats it.

Here is a drawing of the setup:

"acolon_5" wrote:
I am a little confused about the reduction...I guess a fan and some cookie sheets? Heat will destroy the other alks (else a hot water extraction should result in the same stregnth right?

A hot water percolator extraction would probably pull out the actives quicker. It would not make it less active in my opinion. It is just that this method seems to pull out more actives. Ofcourse, more water is also used.

If you want to try a really potent true cold water mimosa, without reduction, there is a way of doing it.
Just add the mimosa to this setup, but instead of letting 100x the amount of water move through, let perhaps 2x move through. The first drops that comes out on the other side, is immensely active. Although, with mimosa, I imagine that it may contain intolerable amounts of tannins...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

coz42
#2 Posted : 2/17/2009 3:16:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

4 grams of M. Hostilis root bark would be only active with an MAOI additive (B. caapi, P. harmala, etc.). Try 20g and report back. Last time SWIM attempted this, he had to use over 50g of root bark for an active tea. However, this is just SWIM which he usually soaks the bark in acidic water for a couple days prior to percolation as well.

Btw, the ratio you're looking for is 20/1
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

Mrs. Gerry
#3 Posted : 5/23/2009 12:57:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIm has just tried this tek and is waiting to finish.
The next step is to heat the MHRB acid water and pull tannins with egg whites.

Should SWIM mix in the egg white with the MHRB acid water or just pour them over the top? will the tannins float to the surface and get caught by the whites?

SWIM will post his findings to this thread.
Everything you see here has been regurgitated from watching television.
Nothing is of absolute truth.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 5/23/2009 1:11:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Mix the egg whites in thoroughly to the solution when it is cold. Then as you add heat you will see the egg whites surface to the top. Keep the heat on until it appears that all the egg has surfaced. Then filter and squeeze.

Mrs. Gerry
#5 Posted : 5/23/2009 1:30:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Mix the egg whites in thoroughly to the solution when it is cold. Then as you add heat you will see the egg whites surface to the top. Keep the heat on until it appears that all the egg has surfaced. Then filter and squeeze.

great! thank you much soulfood.

SWIM is still looking for a clever way to heat this. SWIM had the gas shut off due to slight negligence.
Everything you see here has been regurgitated from watching television.
Nothing is of absolute truth.

SWIMfriend
#6 Posted : 5/31/2009 2:20:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:

Interesting....

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 5/31/2009 2:20:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

How efficiently does this actually extract the actives? As in, if SWIM were to do nothing but this and add lime or sodium carbonate and extract with a nonpolar solvent (preferably limonene), how much would it likely yield?

SWIM also got to thinking whether thoroughly soaking the material (as this method does within the percolator) would possibly make the material itself easier to basify for drytek extraction. As in, run a normal cold water extraction, basify the water and extract with limonene, then mix the wet bark with lime, put it back in the percolator, and run the same limonene through. Then one could just follow Jorkests salting method with FASW.