We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bad trip insight. Options

sa_mull
#1 Posted : 10/16/2007 5:21:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i've been reading up on both good and bad trips, and I was wondering if anyone had any insight into hellish journeys. I'm well aware of set and setting, the people you are with, negative feelings, and so forth. I also know that you have to just let go and go with the flow. I was reading some trip reports from experienced psychedelic users, where they describe infinite loops feed backs from all senses. Or souls being stuck in hell which they describe lasts forever, and have scared them for weeks. I was wondering do you think this is a result of not letting go, a learning experience? or if McKenna or others have written anything about trips like this. From a lot that I have read, past the initial rush to peak, most the time things seem euphoric. So is this a product of their own preparedness? most people say you can't prepare yourself for it, outside set/setting ect. I know this question can't be answered, but I was just wondering how others precieve these experience. (and i'mnot talking about

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Garulfo
#2 Posted : 10/16/2007 5:29:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:83d98e7b22]I was wondering do you think this is a result of not letting go,[/quote:83d98e7b22] Yes, definitivly. When you learn to let go the experience is not euphoric, it may be rapturous !

El Ka Bong
#3 Posted : 10/16/2007 7:05:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From limited experience I'd say the 'negative spaces" are subjective, and impermanent, but they are always telling you something. There is no such thing as "evil", that too is a human, subjective condition - a pathological one, but it's not a 'universal truth'. If you consider exploring the 'negatives' too, they'll become something else. An overdose can be 'hellishly' uncomfortable... 150 mg dmt eaten after 3.5 g syrian Rue seed for eg - Or that tale of 600 mg dmt taken rectally, are not pleasant experiences ! With a dmt overdose it feels like all you want to do is get your MAO enzymes back up and running to come-down, and stop the constant synesyhesia or "all is happening NOW" feeling/visions/awareness. But one can 'ride' through the dmt overdose it seems, I don't know about longer lasting substances - an antidote could help.