We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Critical evaluation of QT's DMT Extraction Options

Entropymancer
#21 Posted : 1/29/2011 4:20:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Nature Boy wrote:
Just one typo that I noticed: You wrote "The tek suggests that the final product may contain "hydroxide". Hydroxide is not da molecule..." I think you meant to type just "a" not "da".

Good catch, thanks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entropymancer
#22 Posted : 2/4/2011 3:37:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

After getting the go-ahead from Traveler, I sent the email yesterday afternoon. A few hours later I got a reply thanking us for being the squeaky wheel here. They're completely in agreement on the health and safety concerns, and they have given it a prominent note of warning at the top, including an abridged version of our list of concerns; check it out: http://www.erowid.org/ch..._extraction_guide1.shtml

I'm impressed at how quickly they took action! Good on erowid Smile

And thank you Shaolin for creating this thread to organize the community on this issue; when the Nexus puts its mind to something, we can do good things Very happy

endlessness
#23 Posted : 2/4/2011 3:57:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome Entropy!!! Thanks a lot Smile

The Traveler
#24 Posted : 2/4/2011 6:38:42 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Awesome results! Here we see the true power of a community.

Thank you Shaolin for creating this thread and thank you Entropymancer for making a near perfect letter for Erowid and thank you to all the other people providing input. I feel really proud about this result.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

skoobysnax
#25 Posted : 11/14/2014 4:55:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
After getting the go-ahead from Traveler, I sent the email yesterday afternoon. A few hours later I got a reply thanking us for being the squeaky wheel here. They're completely in agreement on the health and safety concerns, and they have given it a prominent note of warning at the top, including an abridged version of our list of concerns; check it out: http://www.erowid.org/ch..._extraction_guide1.shtml

I'm impressed at how quickly they took action! Good on erowid Smile

And thank you Shaolin for creating this thread to organize the community on this issue; when the Nexus puts its mind to something, we can do good things Very happy

Awesome! Erowid is all about harm reduction. Worth donating to. They save hundreds of lives with their info.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Toshido
#26 Posted : 3/26/2023 4:06:09 PM

Research & Development

Funny that you came across this post from 2011. I too dug this up a few months ago during my extraction research.

I was incredibly impressed by the fortitude shown here to get this Tek revised.

I cannot believe the guy was using ziplock bags as seperatory funnels, not to mention encouraging someone to possibly put flames to naphtha, only to finish it off with "don't worry about weighing". I mean wow.

It was this very thread where Entropymancer and Shaolin inspired me to not only make my own Tek, but to provide sufficient and detailed precautions for the steps involved. Gotta credit Hailstorm for ingraining harm reduction in me as well.

What happened to Entropymancer and Shaolin?
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

dragonrider
#27 Posted : 3/26/2023 4:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
Funny that you came across this post from 2011. I too dug this up a few months ago during my extraction research.

I was incredibly impressed by the fortitude shown here to get this Tek revised.

I cannot believe the guy was using ziplock bags as seperatory funnels, not to mention encouraging someone to possibly put flames to naphtha, only to finish it off with "don't worry about weighing". I mean wow.

It was this very thread where Entropymancer and Shaolin inspired me to not only make my own Tek, but to provide sufficient and detailed precautions for the steps involved. Gotta credit Hailstorm for ingraining harm reduction in me as well.

What happened to Entropymancer and Shaolin?

Yeah, i haven't seen those two in a while. I don't know what happened. Maybe they got bad wifi. That happens even to the best of people.

swam rollbre
#28 Posted : 3/31/2023 8:39:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stumbling across this thread 12 years later... Oh wow 😂
I remember finding QT's tech on Erowid and elsewhere when I first became curious about this (and getting confused by the gaps in logic while reading it) and I remember going back and finding it emblazoned with edits on Erowid's page, but I missed this organized effort to correct it the middle Smile
Stellar job, OG Nexians! 💛
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ers/house/DMTDiagram.png
"To fathom Hell, or soar angelic, just take a pinch of Psychedelic." -Humphrey Osmond
"Describing the difference between MDMA and MDA to the unexperienced is like trying to explain the difference between shiraz and cabernet to someone who only thinks in terms of 'red wine / white wine'." -Lamont Granquist
"Yo! My lab got creamed; I had to dummyrig an alchemical filter out of a dirty bidet and a vaporizer!" -Ron James, Adventure Time.
Noobs plz read https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=318336
http://deoxy.org/entheop.htm

Hailstorm
#29 Posted : 4/1/2023 7:11:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

widderic wrote:
Gotta credit Hailstorm for ingraining harm reduction in me as well.

You get a lot of credit not even for your own tek, but for (hopefully) starting a new generation of tek-writing. This is 2023, yet people are still using teks written many years ago, as if there was nothing to improve on.

Toshido
#30 Posted : 4/1/2023 6:40:03 PM

Research & Development

Hailstorm wrote:
widderic wrote:
Gotta credit Hailstorm for ingraining harm reduction in me as well.

You get a lot of credit not even for your own tek, but for (hopefully) starting a new generation of tek-writing. This is 2023, yet people are still using teks written many years ago, as if there was nothing to improve on.

I appreciate that sentiment, as it was certainly an intention. At the time, when I was a brand new user and looking at the TEKS, although they aren't confusing to me now, they certainly were then. So I made it a goal/challenge to create a pictorial TEK from the ground up whilst experimenting. And I've made great strides in changing one variable at a time.

I've managed to get my yield from 1.258% to 1.646% after 5 extractions. I'm aiming for that 2%!!!
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

PREV12