We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Formosahuasca 'True Brew" Options

dmteaseme
#1 Posted : 11/8/2014 9:38:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone,

Thought I would post my Formosahuasca (Acacia Confusa + Syrian Rue) Brew TEK. I'm sure there are many variations, but after trying a few different kinds myself, this one brings me the deepest and most meaningful teas so far.

INGREDIENTS:

Acacia Confusa root bark (140g)
Syrian Rue (18g)
Citric acid (1-2g) or fresh lemon juice
Natural cotton soup bag
Earthenware pot
6-7 Liters of water (Ionized Alkaline or Distilled is best)
Large Ziploc bag
Smokable herbs
Clean kitchen
Good tunes!

PRE-STEP: Freeze and Thaw

The night before I want to make my brew, I put my root bark into the Ziploc bag and add about 500ml of water, or enough that the roots are fully immersed. I then freeze them and go watch a movie or occupy myself long enough so that it can freeze. Once it is frozen, I then fill my sink with warm water, and give the frozen mixture a warm bath to thaw it all out completely (do not thaw in a microwave), and then put it back into the freezer and go to bed. The next morning I will remove the bag and let it naturally thaw out. DO NOT DISCARD THE WATER OR EMPTY THE BAG BEFORE YOU ARE ABOUT TO BREW. That water will be used in the brew.

STEP 1: Cleanliness is next to Godliness

Clean the kitchen with some good tunes!

STEP 2: Teabag

Put my shredded root bark in the natural cotton soup bag. This will act like a large teabag and will help when you want to remove the bark at the end. I've tried bag and no bag and there is no difference in the tea other than not having to use a strainer with the possibility of spilling some of the tea and the mess that goes with it.

STEP 3: Brew Time

Add the water from the freeze/thaw container to your earthenware pot (1L) and then add another 1L to make a total of 2L. Then add the shredded root bark teabag to the water. Add one 'pinch' of citric acid to it. A pinch between your fingers is all you need, as the freeze/thaw method helps to break down cell walls already. You could also use a squirt of fresh lemon juice.

At this point, before you turn your stove on, I always like to make my first blessing to the brew. I give it my intentions and what I would like to receive from the experience. I will blow herbal smoke directly on the brew as I'm doing this.

I will then turn on the heat to high; until I see the first signs of bubbling then reduce the heat to a simmer. This means you should just see some steam coming off the brew, no bubbles or boiling of any kind. I do not leave the lid on as I want as much of the water to evaporate.

STEP 4: The Check-ups

Every hour I will return to stir the brew gently and giving blessings once again. I will also top up the water as needed due to the evaporation taking place. You do not need to add more citric acid.

STEP 5: Do It Again

After four hours of brewing and three check-ups, I remove the brew from the heat. I take out the teabag and using oven gloves; I pour off the brew into a large glass mixing bowl and cover it. If you don't have a glass mixing bowl, you'll need to wait until the brew cools to room temperature so you can transfer it to a plastic or other material container. DO NOT TRANSFER HOT LIQUID TO PLASTIC CONTAINERS, because they may put petrochemicals and other hazardous by products into your brews. I the put the teabag back into the earthenware pot and start all over again following the same steps as before. 2L water, teabag, pinch of citric acid, blessings, heat. The second brew will go for another four hours, same as the first.

STEP 6: Reduce

Near the end of the second round of brewing, around the 6 to 7 hour mark I will stop adding the top-ups of water and just let the brew reduce to a smaller portion, around 500-750ml. This gives me the room I need in my pot to add the first brew. I add the brews together and let them reduce together with the teabag still in for the last hour or so. This final mixture can reduce to your own desire, but just remember that you have to drink it, so if you like drinking 250ml of brew that's fine, but I prefer a 100ml gulp. I always determine how many sessions I'm making it for or how many participants will be there and divide accordingly. i.e. A 5 person ceremony will get reduced down to 500ml or 4 single voyages will get reduced to 400ml.

STEP 7: Storage

You've now got your formosahuasca brew. Before you store your brew anywhere, make sure it is at room temperature. DO NOT PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE OR FREEZER IF IT IS HOT OR WARM. You can store it in the fridge if you will be using it within 7 days or so, but any longer than that and I would freeze it. Let the stored brews return to room temperature again before consumption.

Final Note: I really urge all participants of any ceremony to take the time to bless their own brews; during the brewing process and before consumption. It's very important to not skip this step, IME it makes ALL the difference.Thumbs up

The Rue Brew

STEP 1: Take whole Syrian Rue seeds and place them into and earthenware pot with 1L of water. Bless your new brew!

STEP 2: Add a pinch of citric acid (very little is needed) to the mix. Then stir it around making sure all the seeds are submerged, and then turn on the heat. This process is very similar to making your acacia brew, and you should not let this boil but only simmer (there should only be steam rising from the water). Let this simmer for around 4 hours, checking in on it every 30mins - 1hour and top up the water when needed, but try not to let it get below 500ml while you're brewing it. After the four hours you can reduce this to your desired level. (I've let it go as long as 6 hours, but I think most of what is wanted is there by the fourth hour)

STEP 3: Once this brew is finished, let it cool down to room temperature and transfer it to your storage containers. Storing your Rue brew is identical to the formosahuasca. Always remember to let it cool to room temperature.

I always prefer using glass to store any of my spices/brews/herbs and so on, so I'm guaranteed I'm not getting any plastic chemicals into what I'm about to consume. I use this rule for my foods as well. This will also help cut down time needed to wait for things to cool to room temperature when doing a transfer, because the glass will be able to handle the heat of near boiling substances.

I hope this is of some use to all people from beginner to advanced. Enjoy, and if you have something you can share or add to this, by all means do so. I hope there is something that can improve or build upon this to make it even better!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bdevall158
#2 Posted : 11/8/2014 9:44:20 AM

Mind Wanderer

140g AC? is it a mutiple dose brew or did you mean 14g? 140 seems outrageously high Shocked IMO
LOVE & LIGHT

dmteaseme
#3 Posted : 11/8/2014 10:04:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bdevall158...That is for four doses...35g dried AC with 4.5g of Syrian Rue per dose. I'm a bit bigger than most people which is why I use the larger dosage. I am actually now starting to use upwards of 50g per dose, but I didn't want to put that in the post as most people tend to be in the 130-230lbs range and I don't like giving people dosage guidelines.

Hope that clears it up!Thumbs up

DesykaLamgeenie
#4 Posted : 11/8/2014 2:05:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dmteaseme wrote:
Bdevall158...That is for four doses...35g dried AC with 4.5g of Syrian Rue per dose. I'm a bit bigger than most people which is why I use the larger dosage. I am actually now starting to use upwards of 50g per dose, but I didn't want to put that in the post as most people tend to be in the 130-230lbs range and I don't like giving people dosage guidelines.

Yikes, be careful if you ever experiment with ACRB from another source - many people apparently get bark that is far weaker than others. (this is the second post I've seen recently speaking of what many would consider very high AC doses - dangerously high)

I'd think even if you were big, 14g of the kind of bark I've used would be PLENTY - especially with 4.5g rue.

A good way to look at this might be to use the alkaloid content of high quality ACRB - which can be anywhere from 1-2% (ish) DMT. That means even just 14g could contain 140-280mg of DMT. 35g could contain 350-700mg DMT. Shocked If you're familiar with common pharma doses, you know how extremely high that is.

So, like I said in the other post - just for the sake of safety, sanity, etc - unless you have a CRAZY high tolerance, the bark you're using likely has a much lower DMT content than some others that are available. (which is a somewhat common thing due to certain vendors offering lower-quality bark than others) That, or you have quality bark but your brew method isn't extracting all the alkaloids. Or, your administration method isn't very effective. I dunno. Something. But for people looking for dosage information - until you're familiar with your bark - experiment with low doses first! (2-3g, 4-5g, something like this) A high oral dose, let alone an EXTREMELY high oral dose, could be disastrous for a novice.

I know you aren't advising any specific dosage, but since the topic came up, I thought this should be mentioned for any newcomers looking for dosage information, and for yourself if you ever use a new bark source - might want to first do some experimenting with lower doses than your usual.

<3

dmteaseme
#5 Posted : 11/8/2014 6:49:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks DesykaLamgeenie...and well noted. I did start with smaller doses and have worked my way up to where I am today. I have lived in areas of abundance and collected all my own ACRB, so I don't really have a source. I have tried some online sites products that were given to me to compare(some better than others), but I usually have my own personally collected supply.

As for dosage, I didn't really want to bring it up as I am not here to tell people...oh, you should do this or that and they have a bad trip and it's on me. I'm over 130kg and I do have a high tolerance to these substances, including psilocybin mushrooms (which I love to explore with my rue teas). I also really enjoy the sanity from my insanityBig grin I almost always have breakthroughs with those higher doses and that's what I come for.

Anyone reading this should definitely NOT use my dosages if you haven't made the trek to those levels, and seriously take to heart what DesykaLamgeenie brought up, especially if you're starting out.

Stay safe!