We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need some FASI guidelines Options

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#1 Posted : 10/23/2014 12:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so, a friend is performing a limo/fasi tek.

so this friend picked 100g powdered bark
added CASW until oatmeal texture, leaves it for 3 days.
puts solution in hotplate @ 60ºc for 6 hours
adds 150g lye, let it react for 24h, put in hotplate again, 60º, for 3 hours
while the solution is warm, friend adds 200 ml hot limo, limo stays for 24h mixing every now and then
after 2x limo pulls, friend makes FASI with hot IPA, let it cool down
and adds the FASI dropwise, 20 or 30 ml over the course of 1 hour, stiring often
solution is left over night at room temperature
next morning friend yelded a very red goo, that is in the pic above.

so, ive lurked a lot in the FASI section, and never saw a goo with so bright red, can it be contamination?
Ive seen also that a lot of people making FASI, can get xtals directly from the limo/FASI solution, so what is the trick?
my friends material seem to be good quality, so i presume there must be some error in the procedure.

after i get some answers here, my friend will try to make a cold IPA cleaning, but he wants to know if it will remove only the contaminants (FA, limo), without removing other alks. or if the jungle goodies will be washed with IPA.

So, this is it, please share your tricks, whatever you do diferently from the teks in WIKI. (in this case BLAB was used.

thank you Smile
MultiDimensionalTherapy attached the following image(s):
SAM_1373.JPG (3,154kb) downloaded 208 time(s).
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#2 Posted : 10/23/2014 1:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh well, the pic does not show it so much, but the color of the goo is really bright oranged red
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/23/2014 2:44:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok I see what happened there. Did you read the BLAB tek in the wiki?

First, dont stir when adding FASA, otherwise there's no point adding it dropwise. You add it dropwise exactly because you dont want it mixing fast, you want it mixing very slowly, so the first crystals start precipitating and then slowly other crystals precipitate on top.

Also, you have to wait more than one day for the DMT to fully crystallize, you should wait a week.

If I were you I'd wait a week, see if some DMT crystalizes on the sides instead of on the bottom.

Then, I'd pour off the limonene, wash the goo and whatever DMT is there with IPA to remove limonene, then I'd recrystallize it repeating FASI (basically add sodium carbonate to the goo, let it dry, pull with IPA and add FASI again, this time slowly and without mixing.

Dont throw anything away, neither the limonene, DMT can always be saved. Keep us updated!

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#4 Posted : 10/23/2014 3:25:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hum, makes sense.

friend tought it was best to stir it, so the fumaric acid could bind with the alcaloids, and not go to the bottom. if thats the case what would be best? add like 3 or 4 drops, wait 2 minutes, and add more 3 or 4 drops, so on?

also since in BLAB says 24 hours, i had no idea it would be necessary one week.

to wash the goo, would be best to dilute the goo in hot IPA and re-x, or just add some cold IPA and decant?

i will advice friend to repeat FASI!

endlessness
#5 Posted : 10/23/2014 7:40:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I was re-reading the BLAB tek and I saw where a small confusion might have come from. It says to add more FASI after 24 hours and collect whatever is there, but I know for a fact that some significant amount of DMT will often not crash till at least 3 days in.. It does say in BLAB tek that more will crystallize over the next few days but I will edit to make sure people wait more.

Regarding how to do it, I think I'd rather wash with cold IPA a couple of times to remove excess limonene (dont throw this away just in case, save for later in case you have low yield you can try to recover last bits of dmt from the different parts of the process). Then after doing the cold wash I'd base and redissolve in IPA and re-FASI.

As for your friends idea about mixing, I can see where the logic would come from, but in this specific case it isnt so, because you arent adding fumaric acid to the mix, you are adding a fumaric acid solution, so none of it will go to the bottom undissolved. As an example, if you add pure FASI to limonene that doesnt have DMT, nothing will crash out.

So yeah, I'd add a few drops, wait some 10 minutes, add a few drops more, etc.. as slow as your patience can stand, lol

Keep us informed , and good luck! Smile

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#6 Posted : 10/24/2014 12:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so after 3 days and a quick iso wash, it looks much more promising Love

friend is happy!

SAM_1381.JPG (2,843kb) downloaded 182 time(s).

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#7 Posted : 11/5/2014 2:25:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have news from friend!

the content from the pic above is from 2 limo pulls.

half of it was cleaned with cold IPA, and converted to changa.
other half was cleaned with hot IPA and put in the fridge for 5 days.
when friend took the solution from the fridge, there was still a small cloud on th bottom, so friend took most IPA away with a seringe, and puts the clouded lower IPA in a smaller cup, to return to the fridge.

this hot IPA cleaning resulter in 370mg of beautiful xtals!
SAM_1387.JPG (1,273kb) downloaded 169 time(s).