We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mullein Flower Vs Leaf Options

LazyGrumpkin
#1 Posted : 6/3/2014 9:48:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've read that the best herb to infuse the DMT with is Mullein. I am wondering if the flower has the same smooth smoke as the leaf? Is the Mullein flower also good to infuse with DMT?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 6/3/2014 5:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That seems to be a common plant used to place and burn the compounds on to. Although the plant does contain many, tiny hairs covering it. These irritating pieces burn off quickly leaving it safe to smoke, leaving you with a smooth poof. Try smoking mullein by itself firstly. Experiment with different bases.

Next, you need to light as long as you can before the Mullein is burned. I feel burning the mullein too quick would change the amount of density you get out of the compound. So, allow the compound to melt into the mullein. Then, greetings.

--

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

LazyGrumpkin
#3 Posted : 6/3/2014 6:22:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the answer. But it didn't answer my question. I was asking about the difference in smoking the leaf versus smoking the flower.

Cognitive Heart wrote:

Next, you need to light the light as long as you can before the Mullein does. SWIM feels burning the Mullein too quick would change the amount of density you get out of the compound. So, allow the compound to melt into the Mullein. Then, greetings.

--

Thumbs up

This I don't understand at all. Light the "light"? Are you saying heat the dmt infused muellein before igniting it and smoking?

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 6/3/2014 7:30:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Burn the DMT specifically and gradually burn the base Mullein in with the combustion. You see? The mullein I used came with the flowers, stems, leaves etc, all in one bag. The leaves specifically would be fine. Its just plain leaf.

--

Thumbs up

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Felnik
#5 Posted : 6/3/2014 7:33:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried the flowers but I think it's the leaf that's most
beneficial . It's tricky to get the flowers to burn evenly but all of this is
a matter of opinion . There is a sweet spot of dryness with the leaf too . Not too dry
but not to wet . It requires some experimentation . I've been using mullein
For years and have never encountered this burning hair issue .

I think it's great stuff and never leave home without it .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

LazyGrumpkin
#6 Posted : 6/3/2014 8:25:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok. Well the pack I bought was only the flowers unfortunately. I'll get some mullein leaf from ebay.

Cognitive Heart
#7 Posted : 6/3/2014 10:03:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:
I've been using mullein
For years and have never encountered this burning hair issue..

The plant naturally displays protective hairs on its body. These hairs tend to be noticeable with incorrect extraction methods(ex. tea). These tiny hairs can be irritating to the throat and body if not properly filtered.

With smoking, these hairs are destroyed, no problem whatsoever. That is what I mean. Great plant to work with! That being its medicinal and base nature.

Felnik
#8 Posted : 6/4/2014 12:32:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mullein good stuff , try the flowers see how it works
It might be fine . I would say crush them up to an even consistency
so it burns more evenly .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Intezam
#9 Posted : 9/11/2014 8:38:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

deltamiketango
#10 Posted : 9/11/2014 9:40:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try a full cone of each by itself... write down how each flavour tasted and the harshness or smoothness. Work out your blends from there by experimentation

GobblinTorch
#11 Posted : 9/12/2014 1:15:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IME the mullein flower smokes terribly uneven ... it doesn't taste bad or anything, but it makes a terrible addition to a smoking blend - save it for tea, or pluck some seeds from it and grow a mullein plant (REALLY EASY).

The leaves however are great smoke. Adds a really sour flavour which can be quite balancing with other herbs. I like a mullein/lemon verbena mix, and can't quite decide on a third element to add, but I do feel like it needs something.

Nereus
#12 Posted : 10/14/2014 6:36:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I say leaf is what you're after.They act as a nice support for the alks because of their fluffyness.

From my experimentation, some harsh to smoke herbs lose their harshness after being infused.

HippingTrippY
#13 Posted : 10/16/2014 7:27:32 PM

It's better to have things, and not be running out than it is to be running out and not be having things.

Personally I try to pick out the larger stems to avoid variancies in absorption rates that could confound attempts at metered dosing. IMO mullien leaf is TEATS for enhancing. Flowers? Good question. Damn I'm going to end up learning something. I was going to SLACK off today.

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 10/16/2014 8:08:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found the flowers very painful to smoke. Test it beforehand. Shitty feeling to slip into a strong trance with intense pain.