We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cacti question: separating young plants Options

balaganist
#1 Posted : 5/28/2009 10:44:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently got some small t. pachanoi specimens, they are looking good. 2 sets of plants both with 4 small cacti clumped together, sizes ranging from 2-6cm. Was wondering if its better to try separating them before repotting, as I dont want to tear roots .. the roots seem quite tightly meshed.

Any advice much appreciated, thx
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Kannamate
#2 Posted : 5/29/2009 12:13:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you could try if they are too meshed and young though and you tear they might get too injured and not recover,but wash all tho soil off so you only see the roots and untangle if you can then repot.

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 5/29/2009 1:59:06 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I would separate them if they are separate cacti... if they are grown together, I wouldn't separate them.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb