We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
sighting: what was it? Options

Spock's Brain
#1 Posted : 5/28/2009 4:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This morning as I was driving in the midwestern USA at about 3AM, may 28th...

I noticed a bright object in the sky. It was overhead and to the NW. It appeared in luminosity to be about twice the magnitude of Venus rising in the early morning. I thought, "that's a planet," but it's position was not where a planet would appear! It looked just as Venus would look by about 4AM, but fully at least twice as bright, and in the complete wrong part of the sky... it was natural looking just like a star and didn't flicker. I'd say there was no way it was a sattelite, for a few seconds that I saw it, it was ABSOLUTELY the brightest object in the sky TIMES TEN. After glowing for about 2-3 seconds, BRIGHTLY... it faded slowly to a pinpoint and then appeared as the other stars in the sky, I tracked it visually as it dimmed to star appearance...

But, for a few seconds that I observed it, it GLOWED BRILLIANTLY a full 2-3X the magnitude of venus in the AM! And then it faded into normal star appearance...

WHAT WAS IT?

ASTRONOMERS?
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 5/28/2009 5:28:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

meteor or comet maybe........................ooooorrrrrr aliens!!!!!!! just messing. seriously it was probably just a meteor. have you ever seen one before? They are really bright depending on lots of factors.

970Codfert
#3 Posted : 5/28/2009 6:01:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's strange that it dimmed and appeared as a normal star. That makes no sense. I obsessively study the stars and that doesn't ring a bell. Perhaps you should come up with a crack-pot theory and share it with the UFO community Wink .
All posts are fictional.

Spock's Brain
#4 Posted : 5/28/2009 8:15:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
meteor or comet maybe........................ooooorrrrrr aliens!!!!!!! just messing. seriously it was probably just a meteor. have you ever seen one before? They are really bright depending on lots of factors.

No, it was stationary as any other star. except when I first spotted it it was GLOWING with an IMMENSE MAGNITUDE!!!!! and then after a few seconds it dimmed back to typical star appearance!!!!!!!!
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 5/28/2009 9:41:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had a similar experience...except mine was moving, and most likely a satellite. I was watching pass over head at approximately 17,652.3 km/h (not sure of the time, around midnight I guess) and the light must of caught it from the sun on the otherside of the planet, and lit up INTENSELY BRIGHT for a few seconds, then dimming back to normal, than fadeing altogether.

Not sure though..maybe it was like the guys in Men In Black said...solar energy reflecting of a weather baloon or a anomaly in space/time.

In all honesty though...I don't know...weirdness is definitely out there though.

970Codfert
#6 Posted : 5/28/2009 10:02:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you check out the hubble website? or nasa or anyhting?
All posts are fictional.

pinche
#7 Posted : 5/29/2009 1:29:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did it look anything like an iridium flare?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PFUP5LPyuA

Most sightings can be explained but all it takes is one. Something is out there.