We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
knucklehead of the year !! Options

Earthwalker
#1 Posted : 10/5/2014 9:26:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well everyone does is it " that's all I can say to stay sane "
I get a gift of beautiful deep rich dark red bark ! Big grin so I got all excited went got a new 4 ltr bottle of shellite , so I start my process with 200g ACRB and I'm flying along everything was working out brilliantly throughout the ATB then I start to pull Thumbs up something isn't rite it's got a little bit of an emulsion but wasn't all that bad so i manage to do 3 pulls , go to get more shellite outta the 4 ltr and I notice on the side ( KEROSENE )

Omg I just can't beleive what I had done what a rookie mistake !! But to tell you the truth rookie mistake or not I got complacent and toke my process and materials for granted , o'well it's a learning curve I guess !

One good thing is I got 4lts of degreaser Razz haha

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cyb
#2 Posted : 10/5/2014 10:17:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/5/2014 11:13:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kerosene is also a hydrocarbon solvent, isn' t necessarily bad. It just seems to have a higher boiling point and maybe some aromatic hydrocarbons mixed in, which means it will probably also be less selective towards the alkaloids and not freeze precipitate well.

But you could easily enough salt out the alkaloids from the kerosene and then rebasify and crystallize in any number of ways, kidna like you would if you were using limonene or whatever (check BLAB tek for an example).

โ—‹
#4 Posted : 10/5/2014 1:40:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

cyb wrote:

Laughing

darklordsson
#5 Posted : 10/5/2014 4:20:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LOL, we all make mistakes. I gotta try your salting tech for ACRB looks pretty promising!

Earthwalker
#6 Posted : 10/7/2014 11:22:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:

"Mee-mee-mee mee" Hahaha I use to love watching beaka on the muppets !!

HippingTrippY
#7 Posted : 10/12/2014 11:27:09 AM

It's better to have things, and not be running out than it is to be running out and not be having things.

Doesn't come close to a mishap I witnessed involving a little too much Sulphuric acid which lowered the PH so far the brew ate holes in a Stainless Steel Pot. Luckily this was caught before The Stove itself melted. It wasn't as bad as that scene in breaking bad where They are trying to get rid of the body. The inspiration was a comment about a PH below 2 being the end of Goo. I felt like I hadn't read a label becasue I hadn't researched the person posting it. There are Avatars that are familiar and trusted and yet this one little offhand post was tried before even attempting a mini A/B/. Now the first thing i do is relax, smile then begin.
To be honest Earthwalker I clicked on knucklehead of the year to make sure my avatar didn't come up. I took a pan once along time ago that had been used to dip a gram in and just poured a beer into it and split it with my friend. I knew when I was super peaking 20 minutes later that I had miscalculated. My friend couldn't speak for 2 days. I've scene worse. Thank you for sharing though because I bet you I'm not going to be the only one checking my labels twice more and just taking the time to Pause and Relax.

Beaker! ROFLMAO
HippingTrippY attached the following image(s):
Doooooiiiiii.jpg (56kb) downloaded 47 time(s).