We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
[NEW RULE] No recruitment, advertising or campaign material is allowed... Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 10/8/2014 12:37:22 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi all members,

A new rule has been added to the Attitude page:

Attitude wrote:
No recruitment, advertising or campaign material is allowed to be posted on the DMT-Nexus without our explicit permission

This includes but is not limited to: advertising of services or goods, political campaigns, lawsuit campaigns, calls for action and petitions.

This rule is to prevent the use of the DMT-Nexus for the pushing of other peoples agendas. Often we do not want any association with such groups since any fallout on that group will affect the DMT-Nexus as well.

RECRUITING

One of the reasons why this rule was added is because it is often not clear where the recruiting is for and where the money for the donations will go to. Only when a recruiting is 100% clear and morally justified for us than it can be placed on the DMT-Nexus and only after we explicitly give permission for it.

ADVERTISING

This one should need no explaining.

CAMPAIGN MATERIAL

We do not want to become the extension of someones political agenda. Also these kind of topics have a way of polarizing people and ending up in drama.

I hope you all understand this new rule.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

rOm
#2 Posted : 10/8/2014 3:11:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That makes a lot of sense.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Pandora
#3 Posted : 10/8/2014 3:32:01 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Darnit Traveler - why did you have to make this rule right before I was going to start a Nexus donation campaign? We need a political revolution in USA. Vote and give to The Whig Party for 2016!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 10/8/2014 3:35:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about people in the psychedelic community who are in need of help? Think Shulgins, Ott etc in the past?

AcaciaConfusedYah
#5 Posted : 10/8/2014 3:40:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

If the request for assistance is morally justified, it would still be allowed, I think - though you probably have to ask before posting. Helping people in the community is moral, IMO. I think it's just to keep out the unrelated stuff and scammers from taking advantage
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 10/8/2014 3:49:36 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

obliguhl wrote:
What about people in the psychedelic community who are in need of help? Think Shulgins, Ott etc in the past?

That is where this part of the rule is for: "our explicit permission"

So just ask and, if permitted, create the thread.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Pandora
#7 Posted : 10/8/2014 7:27:42 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

In all seriousness, this actually makes a LOT of sense. It's another way of maintaining the integrity of an ever-growing community.

No more jokes. Just a bravo.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

HippingTrippY
#8 Posted : 10/8/2014 9:48:14 PM

It's better to have things, and not be running out than it is to be running out and not be having things.

When I think of how many times my opinion has changed when I get more information on a subject I surely do see the wisdom of this. In the words of forrest Gump "Thank you for inviting me to your panther party"

cyb
#9 Posted : 12/1/2016 7:48:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

BUMP...
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Praxis.
#10 Posted : 12/1/2016 5:35:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can we just be honest and say no politics? I feel like that might be more proactive, instead of constantly dancing around in circles.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 12/8/2016 7:22:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Praxis. wrote:
Can we just be honest and say no politics? I feel like that might be more proactive, instead of constantly dancing around in circles.

Sometimes, not speaking is just as much a statement as speaking out loud is.

But anyway...the war on drugs is a political topic as well. And a relatively small topic, i must add, to the rest of the world. The majority of the world population doesn't care about the war on drugs. For most people on earth, days go by without ever thinking about the war on drugs.

If you want to stay silent about any other kind of injustice at all costs, then you cannot seriously blame all of those people for not giving a shit either.

Just sayin.

Praxis.
#12 Posted : 12/8/2016 9:48:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Praxis. wrote:
If you want to stay silent about any other kind of injustice at all costs, then you cannot seriously blame all of those people for not giving a shit either.

Just sayin.

I don't really think the nexus should censor political conversation at all, my post was a bad attempt at being facetious.

I guess it's worth noting I've tried to delete that post, as I wrote it on an emotional whim and I don't think an Announcement thread should be convoluted with banter - but since it's a sticky I can't delete it.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

someblackguy
#13 Posted : 12/9/2016 4:03:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

deleted by author
Spellbreaking is the better part of alchemy, extraction, and the art of undoingโ€”but a cocksure kind of lovingkindness, a clockwork clock, works time.

Nakhig lo shulun, Sharuku! Gorz nash!
โ€œWhere is your master? Where is he?โ€
Mig shaฬ‚ zog... Undagush! Nakh
Atigat iuk no lighav wizard...

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 12/9/2016 5:53:11 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

This thread was created over 2 years ago and has little to do with recent events/threads. This rule doesn't mean "no politics", it simply means that this is not an appropriate place to try to recruit people to your personal agendas; or worse yet, to push forward your agenda/opinion/biases in a blatant attempt to create divisiveness and foster drama amongst the community.

I'm just gonna leave this one with a quote from our mod discussion that I think perfectly sums up the matter.

Quote:
This is the DMT Nexus and it should be a repository of fine DMT related information and research ... NOT a platform for political, religious and SJW grandstanding.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Intezam
#15 Posted : 12/9/2016 11:19:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
This thread was created over 2 years ago and has little to do with recent events/threads. This rule doesn't mean "no politics", it simply means that this is not an appropriate place to try to recruit people to your personal agendas; or worse yet, to push forward your agenda/opinion/biases in a blatant attempt to create divisiveness and foster drama amongst the community.

I'm just gonna leave this one with a quote from our mod discussion that I think perfectly sums up the matter.

Quote:
This is the DMT Nexus and it should be a repository of fine DMT related information and research ... NOT a platform for political, religious and SJW grandstanding.

Not sooo perfectly, dreamoar....we object to the label SJW, that sort of labeling is political in nature. Can you see the contradiction here? We connect the use of this label with US culture, and we object to its implication/use within an international community (entheogenic university). If it was we, we would add SJW to the word censor, actually.

Edit: we better use another word

dragonrider
#16 Posted : 12/9/2016 2:41:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

Quote:

If that means that you don't want people to speak out against racism, sexism or xenophobia anymore, while these currently are dark forces that are gaining power in the real world (and you have to be totally blind not to see that), not in any way different or LESS serious than the war on drugs, only because you don't want people with a racist, sexist or xenophobe perspective on the world to feel offended, then you are, with or without mod-badge, from a moral point of view, just a coward.

Many people, myself included, are seriously affraid and worried about what's going on in the world right now. If you want to call these expressions of fear and loathing 'grandstanding' that either means that you think i'm right to be affraid, because you think it's Obvious that what's going on in the world IS indeed, very scary, or it means that you want to accuse people like me of cheap rhetorics, wich means you question my integrity as a person.

To call expressions of fear about the rise and normalisation of the far-right, SJW 'grandstanding', and at the same time to complain a lot about the war on drugs, is just realy, realy DECADENT. It means you only care about getting high and can only see the world from that single perspective. That you consider it a great injustice if someone stands in the way of you getting high, but you don't want to bother about other people's, much more basic rights, because it's too 'political' for you.

dreamer042
#17 Posted : 12/9/2016 2:59:10 PM

Dreamoar

Those are not my words, hence the quote. I wouldn't have used that term personally as it was never even on my radar till I saw it posted here. However, I feel the underlying message still applies.

This is a forum based in harm reduction and education around the subject of psychedelic drugs generally, and DMT more specifically. Grandstanding your own personal racial, sexual, religious, or political agenda has little, if anything, to with DMT/psychedelics and thus no place here.

I'm extremely wary of all the conflict and argument around these subjects, and from here on out, I'm just gonna immediately and permanently ban anyone I see engaging in race/gender/religion/politic baiting. It's nothing but blatant trolling and will be dealt with accordingly.

Edit: This is a diverse global forum, opinions in these topics are bound to differ and passions in these areas run high. This isn't about making a haven for any one specific point of view to thrive, or alternately to stamp out another point of view. It's about a feeble attempt to save a forum I love and see going downhill extremely fast. We've lost so many long-term members over these arguments and it's really disappointing to see a handful of people pushing personal agendas effecting the integrity of what was once a forum full of rich and vibrant discourse.

You're a racist homophobic nazi fundementalist bigot? Great! Keep it yourself.

You're a socially conscious transgender person of color who worships flying spaghetti? Great! Keep it to yourself.

Now that we are no longer fighting about our personal BS (Belief System), we can all focus on the common cause that unites us here in the first place. The value of psychedelics.

Now was that so hard?
dreamer042 attached the following image(s):
religion.jpg (79kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

โ—‹
#18 Posted : 12/9/2016 5:53:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

dreamer042 wrote:
Those are not my words, hence the quote. I wouldn't have used that term personally as it was never even on my radar till I saw it posted here. However, I feel the underlying message still applies.

This is a forum based in harm reduction and education around the subject of psychedelic drugs generally, and DMT more specifically. Grandstanding your own personal racial, sexual, religious, or political agenda has little, if anything, to with DMT/psychedelics and thus no place here.

I'm extremely wary of all the conflict and argument around these subjects, and from here on out, I'm just gonna immediately and permanently ban anyone I see engaging in race/gender/religion/politic baiting. It's nothing but blatant trolling and will be dealt with accordingly.

Edit: This is a diverse global forum, opinions in these topics are bound to differ and passions in these areas run high. This isn't about making a haven for any one specific point of view to thrive, or alternately to stamp out another point of view. It's about a feeble attempt to save a forum I love and see going downhill extremely fast. We've lost so many long-term members over these arguments and it's really disappointing to see a handful of people pushing personal agendas effecting the integrity of what was once a forum full of rich and vibrant discourse.

You're a socially conscious transgender person of color who worships flying spaghetti? Great! Keep it to yourself.

Now that we are no longer fighting about our personal BS (Belief System), we can all focus on the common cause that unites us here in the first place. The value of psychedelics.

Now was that so hard?

Case in point. <3

dragonrider
#19 Posted : 12/9/2016 6:15:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

But...firstly, if someone here would be a racist etcetera nazi, i don't see how that would be a great thing at all. (i suppose you don't actually think it's a good thing for someone to be a nazi).

But more importantly, what you are saying implies (Probably without that being your intention) that being a homophobic nazi is not in any way different to you, from being a transgender spaghetti worshipper.

But there IS a big difference. And i realy, realy hope here, that every sane person knows it.

If you would want to ban me because of thát statement, that nazi-sympathies are not just like any other ordinary political opinion, then go ahead and ban me. Because i wouldn't want to be a part of any community where someone would get banned because of such a statement in the first place.

But i suggest it would realy be worth considering if YOU yourself would want to be part of such a community as well.

dreamer042
#20 Posted : 12/9/2016 7:23:57 PM

Dreamoar

Once again, this has nothing to with your, my, or anyone else's political opinions. This is not the appropriate venue to push your personal agendas, whatever they may be. See the rule in the OP.

If you truly are passionate about these issues, there are thousands of understaffed, underfunded, underutilized organizations dedicated soley to addressing social justice issues. Why not put your time, money, and effort where you mouth is?

As I myself have now been trolled into a petty, pointless, back-and-forth bickering match I'm gonna take my own advice and go do something moar productive with my time.

12NEXT