We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Mescaline HCl -> mesc (bi)tartrate recrystallization Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 5/27/2009 6:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah. It's an alkaloid most likely. The odor is horrible.

Earlier this year I found out that mescaline HCl is completely odorless and off-white. Apparently, the “synthetic mescaline” SWIM had many years ago was not really synthetic mescaline because it had the same odor as the acetone washed mescaline HCl has so it was apparently extracted from cactus and the guy who sold it to SWIM as “synthetic mescaline” lied about itSad

After finding out mescaline HCl is supposed to be odorless, SWIM tried washing and washing his in acetone many times but the odor was still there. And then while looking at PiHKAL, he noticed that mescaline HCl is insoluble in pure IPA and tried washing with that. He didn't except much of a difference and was totally surprised that 2 washes got rid of the nasty odor completely.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#22 Posted : 5/28/2009 7:25:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

SWIM would just say fuck it and just clean the mescaline HCl with anhydrous acetone. It works perfectly.

I'm sure it does, but SWIM is a bit of an experimenter. Plus he said that the crystals he did get out were very pretty. He told me he was going to redissolve his crystals in water and check the ph to see if it was the tartrate or bitartrate salt.

I'm confused as to what's going on, and I don't think SWIM is the kind of guy to stop before he's figured it out

PREV12