We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
VITAMIN D and lexapro Options

Felnik
#1 Posted : 4/4/2009 4:54:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been on lexapro for a couple of years now. tried unsuccesfully many times to get off it.
back lash from hell each time.
went to natural doctor did blood test . I had extremely low levels of vitamin D. started taking supplement.
getting off Lexapro no backlash. I Feel more normal than ever.
I tell everyone to check they're vitamin D levels its HUGE...

I think DMT is a beneficial substance. different subject

anyway

bobby shew

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bastard
#2 Posted : 4/4/2009 6:02:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How much Vitamin D do you take every day? I was under the impression that only direct sunlight could give you sufficient Vitamin B. And how has DMT aided you in the process?

antrocles
#3 Posted : 4/7/2009 6:37:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, PLEASE elaborate on amount you take and where the hell are you getting Vitamin D?? i also thought that it was from sunlight?!?!? i've been on Lexapro for about 5 years now and even though i'm down to only 10mg a day, i just can't seem to go completely off the shit...it sucks. Sad
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

40oztofreedom
#4 Posted : 4/7/2009 11:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hated lexapro.

I just slowly weened myself off of it. The best thing to do for me, was to keep it in my system but break the routine. Instead of taking it every morning, I would skip a day, and take it the next morning, and continue skipping days. Then, I would skip two days, take it the third day and so forth until I was off it.

Regardless of what you do, it really, really sucks getting off that stuff.

You just need to find the best way for you, for some, quit cold turkey, for me, slowly.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

Garulfo
#5 Posted : 4/9/2009 12:48:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lexapro sucks... but it sucks much less than severe anxiety, OCD or depression... (and I am also a member of the club since few months Confused )
SNRI or SSRI weaning must always be very very slow.
Vitamin D, according to wiki is naturally occuring by exposing to a bit of sun and it is stocked within the body for months.

40oztofreedom
#6 Posted : 4/9/2009 1:26:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Garulfo wrote:
Lexapro sucks... but it sucks much less than severe anxiety, OCD or depression... (and I am also a member of the club since few months Confused )
SNRI or SSRI weaning must always be very very slow.
Vitamin D, according to wiki is naturally occuring by exposing to a bit of sun and it is stocked within the body for months.

I was drinking Tropicana orange juice last night... and started looking at the box.... Save the rainforest, AND Vitamin D!

Apparantly Vitamin D is in orange juice as well?:idea:
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

a1pha
#7 Posted : 4/9/2009 4:50:18 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Lexipro can be a pain to get off of, as many here have mentioned. Many years ago, I took 20mg/day for migraines. My neurologist was wise in suggesting a month on/month off plan from the beginning to keep my system used to the change. Actually, it was something like:

Week 1: 10mg/day
Week 2-5: 20mg/day
Week 6: 10mg/day
Week 7-10: 0mg/day
week 11: 10mg/day

I'm no MD, but this schedule seemed to keep me "on edge" and prepared to handle varying doses. After 2 years of this, I finally gave into the migraines in favor of a clearer and cleaner me. I hate being dependent on anything, especially an SSRI.

Good luck!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

40oztofreedom
#8 Posted : 4/9/2009 7:49:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
Lexipro can be a pain to get off of, as many here have mentioned. Many years ago, I took 20mg/day for migraines. My neurologist was wise in suggesting a month on/month off plan from the beginning to keep my system used to the change. Actually, it was something like:

Week 1: 10mg/day
Week 2-5: 20mg/day
Week 6: 10mg/day
Week 7-10: 0mg/day
week 11: 10mg/day

I'm no MD, but this schedule seemed to keep me "on edge" and prepared to handle varying doses. After 2 years of this, I finally gave into the migraines in favor of a clearer and cleaner me. I hate being dependent on anything, especially an SSRI.

Good luck!

Thats basically what I had done, but just a tad bit more of intricacy in design.

I reached my final verdict when I had tried quitting multiple times. I hated being on the medication so much it didn't matter what it took for me to quit. I had too, and deep down I knew it was for the better. So I just stuck through it the whole way... but

In my opinion, and this might not be a valiable option for some... but I would fight fire with fire. The withdrawl effects of the lexapro had gotten bad enough for me to say. I'm gonna go smoke a whole bunch of pot. It made me feel that much better. It helped the migranes, irritability, and most of all just helped me not focus on it. I reccomend it, but, like I said it might not be valiable for some because they either don't like it and choose not to, or can't.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------

a1pha
#9 Posted : 4/10/2009 12:48:24 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

40oztofreedom wrote:
In my opinion, and this might not be a valiable option for some... but I would fight fire with fire. The withdrawl effects of the lexapro had gotten bad enough for me to say. I'm gonna go smoke a whole bunch of pot. It made me feel that much better. It helped the migranes, irritability, and most of all just helped me not focus on it. I reccomend it, but, like I said it might not be valiable for some because they either don't like it and choose not to, or can't.

Haha, exactly what I ended up doing. Like you, I needed to get off the stuff and ended up with a cannabis card. No more Lexapro, no more withdrawals, and a nice fix for the migraines. Actually, I've found herbs in general to be a much better fix to common ailments than the cornucopia of medication generally prescribed. It just requires more research than most are willing to do. But, since it's my health I'm willing.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

mardybum
#10 Posted : 4/19/2009 9:36:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i think you can get vitamin D in certain fish oils, apparently they are finding it effective in treatment of schizophrenia aswell...

antrocles
#11 Posted : 4/22/2009 9:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so....i found a Vitamin D supplement at my local health food shop and have been taking it for about 2 weeks now since i first read this post. i have concurrently been in the process of weening myself off of lexapro and am down to 10mg every 2 days. i have to say....SO FAR SO GOOD!

i'm VERY excited about this and look forward beyond anything to no longer taking SSRIs......

thank you Felnik...truly...

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

TrilliantG
#12 Posted : 5/28/2009 1:23:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Can someone please help me with this you speak of... I have severe anxiety and been drinking gatoraid alot and apple juice...is this VITAMIN D suppose to help you not have anxiety??whats the problem of lack of D??? THANK YOU