We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychotria, Diplopterys & Aya Admixtures Analysis Thread Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 10/1/2014 12:53:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Related Threads:

Psychotria viridis and Psychotria spp. Workspace - Excellent thread with collection of pictures, botanical information, traditional use, geographical distribution and others on related Psychotria plants.

Ayahuasca Admixtures Thread - Collection of plants used as admixtures in ayahuasca

Visual guides for Identifying Ayahuasca Plants (Info on how to identify Psychotria species and other ayahuasca components)

Banisteriopsis caapi and other Ayahuasca Vines Analysis Thread

Literature:

Psychotria spp. Alkaloid Content

Diplopterys cabrerana Alkaloid Content

Nexus Analysis:

Psychotria viridis leaves (#138 )
Jan 2023

Origin: : Santo Daime - Brazil
Results:
DMT 0.34%
NMT 0.1%
Bufotenine 0.04%
2-MTHBC 0.04%
DMT N-Oxide 0.02%

Psychotria viridis leaves (#139)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Ucayali, Peru
Results:
DMT 0.25%
NMT 0.06%
DMT N-Oxide 0.03%
2-MTHBC 0.002%
Bufotenine 0.0005%

Psychotria viridis leaves (#140)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Napo, Peru
Results:
DMT 0.48%
NMT 0.08%
DMT N-Oxide 0.07%
2-MTHBC 0.002%
Bufotenine 0.0006%

Psychotria viridis leaves (#141)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Tarapoto, Peru
Results:
DMT 0.46%
NMT 0.07%
DMT N-Oxide 0.02%
2-MTHBC 0.004%
Bufotenine 0.007%

Psychotria viridis leaves (#155)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Peru
Results:
DMT 0.4%
NMT 0.07%
DMT N-Oxide 0.01%
Bufotenine 0.005%
2-MTHBC 0.003%

Diplopterys cabrerana leaves (#142)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Tarapoto, Peru
Results:
DMT 0.24%
NMT 0.07%
DMT N-Oxide 0.017%
Bufotenine 0.007%
Bufotenine N-oxide <0.0009%

Diplopterys cabrerana leaves (#143)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Napo, Ecuador
Results:
DMT 0.21%
NMT 0.05%
DMT N-Oxide 0.03%
Bufotenine 0.005%
2-MTHBC 0.001%

Diplopterys cabrerana leaves (#144)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Napo, Peru
Results:
DMT 0.3260 %
NMT 0.03%
DMT N-Oxide 0.007%
Bufotenine 0.004%
2-MTHBC 0.002%

Diplopterys cabrerana leaves (#145)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Loreto, Peru
Results:
DMT 0.23 %
NMT 0.06%
DMT N-Oxide 0.03%
Bufotenine 0.004%
2-MTHBC 0.001%

Diplopterys cabrerana leaves (#146)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Putumayo, Colombia
Results:
DMT 0.1%
NMT 0.02%
DMT N-Oxide 0.02%
Bufotenine 0.003%

Diplopterys cabrerana leaves (#154)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Peru
Results:
DMT 0.17%
NMT 0.05%
DMT N-Oxide 0.03%
Bufotenine 0.005%

Diplopterys cabrerana vine (#166)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Ecuador
Results:
DMT 0.01%

Diplopterys cabrerana leaves (#167)
Jan 2023

Origin: : Ecuador
Results:
No active substances detected

Below are the older analysis from 2014

Psychotria viridis
Samples 1-7 grown in Florida, USA.

Sample 1
DMT 0.4 %
Other smaller peaks: Vitamin E, fatty acids, campestrol, sigmasterol, γ-Sitosterol, phytol, squalene, resorcinol (possible tocoferol breakdown)

Sample 2
DMT 0.33 %
Other smaller peaks: Vitamin E, fatty acids, campestrol, sigmasterol, γ-Sitosterol, phytol, squalene, resorcinol (possible tocoferol breakdown)

Sample 3
DMT 0.42 %

Sample 4
DMT 0.28 %

Sample 5
DMT 0.21 %

Sample 6
DMT 0.52 %

Sample 7
DMT 0.44 %

Psychotria alba / carthagenensis

Samples 1-9

No DMT neither other tryptamines found in any sample.

Substances found: Vitamin E, fatty acids.

Psychotria poeppigiana

Sample 1

Chimonanthine, calycanthine (poison!), campestrol, sigmasterol, γ-Sitosterol, Vitamin E, Fatty Acids.

No DMT neither other tryptamines nor Beta Carbolines found.

Psychotria nervosa

Samples 1-3

Fatty acids, campestrol, sigmasterol, γ-Sitosterol, Vitamin E, squalene, resorcinol, phytol.

Psychotria sulzneri

Sample 1

Fatty acids, campestrol, sigmasterol, γ-Sitosterol, Vitamin E, squalene, resorcinol, phytol.

No DMT neither other tryptamines nor Beta Carbolines found. Was attacked by fungus.

Psychotria bahamensis

Samples 1 and 2

Fatty acids, campestrol, sigmasterol, γ-Sitosterol, β-Resorcylaldehyde Vitamin E, squalene, resorcinol, phytol.

Diplopterys cabrerana

Sample 1

Main peak: DMT.
Other minor peaks: Fatty acids

No bufotenine, 5-MeO-DMT nor any other known tryptamine or beta-carboline found.

(Special thanks to Pinkoyd and Snozz for the Psychotria samples)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

pinkoyd
#2 Posted : 12/30/2014 1:08:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Would it be possible to post the spectra as a .gif or .pdf file or somesuch? Or point me to whatever program will open .rar files?
I already asked Alice.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 12/30/2014 1:16:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh man sorry about that you had asked me before and it totally slipped my mind.. But yes it is totally possible Smile

Right now the people we work with are on holidays, they come back 8th of january. Can you remind me again by then?

pinkoyd
#4 Posted : 1/15/2015 2:01:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I missed the 8th, but here is your reminder! Big grin
I already asked Alice.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/26/2015 3:57:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought this was worth posting

Here's what was found in psychotria viridis in their analysis:
Quote:

Pentacyclic triterpenes:ursolic and oleanolic acid
Steroids: 24-methylenecycloartanol and a mixture of stigmasterol and -sitosterol
Steroid glucosides: 3-O--D-glucosyl--sitosterol and 3-O--D-glucosyl--stigmasterol
Polyunsaturated triterpene: squalene
Glycerol esters: monoacylglycerol monopalmitin and a triacylglycerol
Long chain hydrocarbons: nonacosanal
Long chain fat acids: hentriacontanoic, hexadecanoic and heptadenoic acids
Methyl ester: methyl heptadecanoate
quinic acid derivate:methyl 4-epi-quinate
two indole alkaloids: N,N-dimethyltryptamine and N-methyltryptamine.

The chemical structures were determined by spectroscopic (IR, 1H and 13 C NMR, HSQC, HMBC and NOESY) and spectrometric (CG-EM e LCMS-ESI-ITTOF) methods

Continuum
#6 Posted : 11/15/2015 1:18:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi endlessness,

Would your analysis percentage be based on wet or dry leaf weight?

Thanks,
Continuum
Forge a Path with Heart <3

endlessness
#7 Posted : 11/17/2015 11:36:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im pretty sure they were dry but I have to ask Snozz since he was the one organizing the samples to be sent and when they got here they were just forwarded to some colleagues to do run the analysis.

pinkoyd
#8 Posted : 11/17/2015 4:31:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The leaves were sent fresh, and I recall someone saying they wished they were sent dry because then the lab wouldn't have felt time constrained to get the analysis done. So I'm thinking it was wet weight, but only the lab would know for sure. And who knows if they'd even remember by now? Confused

The numbers correspond pretty well with figures published in the literature IIRC from either Dennis McKenna or J.C. Callaway, roughly 0.1% to 0.6%, but I don't recall if that was wet or dry weight either. I guess some homework is in order....
I already asked Alice.

Continuum
#9 Posted : 11/17/2015 5:34:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks like Godsmacker got 1% from his PV extraction with dried leaves, so if yours were analyzed fresh, pinkoyd, that would probably be comparable.
Forge a Path with Heart <3

Godsmacker
#10 Posted : 11/17/2015 8:41:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The DMT content of PV leaves depends on the time of day it was harvested, temperature and stress. In the case of my friend's 21 year old leaf-cloned PV, he had been feeling ill for the past couple days and didn't water any of his plants during that time. There was a thunderstorm right before sunrise that day. The winds plucked most of the shriveled-up leaves straight off of her limbs, pinning them against the white walls behind them. He got up to water it as the sun dawned an hour or so afterward,saving the fallen leaves for me.

Considering that the plant was stressed by accidental neglect and lost its leaves around sunrise, I'm surprised and glad to see that this 'perfect storm' gave a wonderfully high yield. It would be interesting to see how stressing chacruna before a specific harvest time of day would affect potency of the leaves...

Unfortunately, I do not have any extract left to submit to chemical analysis as i've changatized the whole bunch of the goodies. I did not re-x, just went with rahii's notes and used extract as it was when I finished the tek-it's about 4/5 as potent as MHRB by mass and, while very similar, has a spirit all its own. The experience from chacruna spice is much like MHRB, but just a tad bit more 'green and leafy'. I found that Caapi leaf is a perfect medium for chacruna extract (go figure...)-A "traditional" smoked ayahuasca experience is quite the chronicle. Mimosa is a mystical magician. Chacruna is the priestess of patience and persistence.

(note: i'm unsure exactly when the leaves fell off his chacruna, but according to this study, it may be possible to get close to a 1% yield considering the leaves were likely harvested at one of the two times of peak concentration.)
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

rild
#11 Posted : 6/23/2016 1:39:11 AM

rild

Great data.

I have GC test equipment and have just tested two samples of chaliponga. I am not able to tell what plant the received material was but the first had no DMT and the second had only DMT n-oxide (and not much). I think it was just old. I would like to find a source that has some bufotenin and 5 MeO.

I have 6 types of phalaris grass which I am testing. Two have a very nice mix of DMT, bufotenin and 5 MeO and no poisons. Have not yet tested the Big Medicine or Turkey Red. Will be posting Potency Vs. time of day. Would love to see any results on best time of year or whatever it is that matters for when to harvest.

There are lots of claims of 1 percent and plus but I have seen closer to 0.1 percent

endlessness
#12 Posted : 6/23/2016 9:43:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rild wrote:

Thanks for the info on this and the other thread!

Can you share more about your GC results? Are you only interpreting by retention time?

Also, how do you know it's n-oxide, do you have some n-oxide standard? Or are you judging by the results after the reduction?

N-oxide can turn back into the parent compound in gas chromatography analysis, so it surprises me you haven't seen any DMT. So yeah any more info on the GC settings and results interpretation would be great Smile

By the way, in the D. cabrerana leaves, only traces of the other alkaloids apart from DMT are usually found if at all, check out these results for example , so its normal if you didnt see them.

Careful with oral 5-MeO-DMT, there has been cases of people dying from taking it orally with ayahuasca (example ). It might have to do with 5-MeO-DMT transforming into bufotenine in the body when consumed with a MAOI, or with hyperthermia that is potentiated when mixing 5-MeO-DMT and harmalas, or it might have to do with something else altogether. Of course dosage is a key factor, and a small dose is most likely safer but please be careful because the pharmacokynetics of 5-MeO-DMT is not linear and risk may be unproportionately much higher as the doses increase. Lastly, there may be some genetic variation between different people in CYP2D6 enzyme expression which will greatly change the 5-MeO-DMT metabolism, so it may be safer or more dangerous depending on your genetics.

rild
#13 Posted : 6/23/2016 5:28:27 PM

rild

With GC I have temperature, retention time, and detector response. One of the standard producers is sympathetic to the cause and I have all of their relevant standards. Some friends and I have produced a few other standards. For instance, I have a tub of high purity DMT n-oxide in the freezer. Did one journey with it and calibrated the GC. All aya experiences are completely unique and I can not say how the n-oxide was different.

I did do several journeys using an aya brewed by I think the biggest producer in Iquitos, Peru. There was an aspect which I liked and which I attribute to the small amount of 5 MeO in the brew. I was able to analyze the brew and talk with the brewer. It was DMT with not a lot of n-oxide, harmine and a bit of bubotenin and 5 MeO. I expected the long cook would cause more n-oxide. The brewer was having a hard time finding enough p. viridis or d. cabrerana. He was harvesting other psychotria species.

I have read two reports of death from 5 MeO ayahuasca. It clearly should be used only at very low levels.

Muskogee Herbman
#14 Posted : 5/25/2021 2:11:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanna say that recent research has shown that the Diplopterys on the market is not cabrerana but longialata. As is the clone that is circulating around the USA now. I also have seeds to another form we believe to be longialata as well, but not sure. Would like to get these tested to see whats in em but gotta wait lil longer
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 5/25/2021 1:31:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
Just wanna say that recent research has shown that the Diplopterys on the market is not cabrerana but longialata. As is the clone that is circulating around the USA now. I also have seeds to another form we believe to be longialata as well, but not sure. Would like to get these tested to see whats in em but gotta wait lil longer
Thanks for dropping this information here, Musk. Crazily enough, I was thinking of you only yesterday - I hope life is treating you well.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

endlessness
#16 Posted : 1/19/2023 10:50:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just updated the first post with a bunch of new analysis results. The highlight I think is that we detected bufotenine traces in many Psychotria viridis samples, which I think is the first time it´s been described? Also the fact that Diplopterys cabrerana samples had generally LESS DMT than Psychotria samples, contrary to popular belief.

All these analysis were made in collaboration with Kykeon Analytics. If you´d like to have any Psychotria or other ethnobotanical samples tested, you can post here or pm me