We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
The Art of Changa, a guide to making the perfect blends. Options

SoulCrushingBass
#41 Posted : 12/30/2013 1:54:46 AM

Keeper of the spice

Bump
Well, y'know, it's like this experience that I had was like, y'know, erm, it was kind of the most profound experience I've had in me life, like

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

xantho
#42 Posted : 2/15/2014 8:56:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So much love and gratitude to you for this write-up and all the hours of devotion that went into it!

I recently made a 1:1:1 | spice : rue harmalas : leaf changa. Leaf was 2:1:1 | caapi : damiana : mullein. Alks were dissolved in IPA infusions of passionflower (P. edulis flower buds), lavender, and spearmint in a ration of 2:2:1. Cured in a glass jar. The favorite blend I've ever made by miles. It's so gentle and smooth and I experienced no anxiety. Hit me with a rainbow wave Smile Something you immediately want to share with those you love. Blessings to all!

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

--Shadow
#43 Posted : 3/4/2014 7:08:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:

my idea at the moment is this: I am trying to find a way to really capture the plant essence while still being able to smoke in a bong, which is my favoured route of administration ... and I am finding that infusing extracts back onto their source plant works really well for this. so I am thinking I am going to try extracting alkaloids from a species (mucronata is next on the list), soak it back onto the ground phyllodes from whence it came, and then wait till spring and extract the floral essence from the flowers, and soak that onto the enhanced phyllodes.. I'd really like to try this with more species and make an extract which captures each tree in a real "overall" sorta way.. capture the plant essence in both effects but also flavour

That's bloody brilliant! Thumbs up

..in a bong made from Acacia wood... Confused
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

RideFree
#44 Posted : 9/21/2014 6:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
olympus mon wrote:
...Infusing the blend-
It’s pretty easy and there are multiple ways. I’ll describe the easiest and use the most commonly found ingredient which is 99% isopropyl alcohol or IPA...

I've read some post of 2009 about harmala red (#47, 48, 76, 78 ), formed by harmalas and alcohol, and in those days it was considered a degradation of the harmalas, with a big question mark of affecting the potency (to whatever extend between 0 and 100%). Has the jury come to a conclusion about that meanwhile? The changa essays indicate activity, but was the activity impacted by the solvent to a degree? Is that still a question mark, or has there been (4 years later now) a definite verdict about the harmala red mystery?

this is still an interesting question.. is IPA a problem with harmala-freebase?
and, which solvents are better for making changa?

olympus mon
#45 Posted : 9/23/2014 12:16:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

RideFree wrote:
Jees wrote:
olympus mon wrote:
...Infusing the blend-
It’s pretty easy and there are multiple ways. I’ll describe the easiest and use the most commonly found ingredient which is 99% isopropyl alcohol or IPA...

I've read some post of 2009 about harmala red (#47, 48, 76, 78 ), formed by harmalas and alcohol, and in those days it was considered a degradation of the harmalas, with a big question mark of affecting the potency (to whatever extend between 0 and 100%). Has the jury come to a conclusion about that meanwhile? The changa essays indicate activity, but was the activity impacted by the solvent to a degree? Is that still a question mark, or has there been (4 years later now) a definite verdict about the harmala red mystery?

this is still an interesting question.. is IPA a problem with harmala-freebase?
and, which solvents are better for making changa?

Thanks for sharing this information. I wish i knew the answers but Im not the person to ask. However i could contest that my changa made with IPA has never failed to deliver as designed for myself and others. I would be willing to bet from my personal exp is that if IPA is doing any degradation to the harmalas its not at a practical level that effects the experience.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

DesykaLamgeenie
#46 Posted : 9/23/2014 2:28:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Concerning 'harmala red' - here are two threads with pertinent information:

red gunk tests positive for phenolics (By burnt - 4/15/2010)

'harmala red' LC-MS analysis (By burnt - 11/15/2010)

As for solvents:

Solvent to dissolve Harmala freebase

Harmala Alkaloid Solubilities:

pitubo
#47 Posted : 9/24/2014 4:44:08 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Recent thread about harmala red:

Syrian rue as a dye

RideFree
#48 Posted : 9/25/2014 12:31:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@pitubo & DesykaLamgeenie:
WoW - thanks for the links.. i have to read a bit now ;-)

@olympus mon:
that's my experience too.. i only make changa with 99% IPA, and i never had the feeling that the harmalas don't do their job Cool

but anyway, i'm a bit curious if the color change is something harmful if smoked?!

maybe i'll try to make changa with the wateronly-Tek and do some bioassays

---
btw, olympus mon.. thank you really, really much for showing us your way of making changa Smile
one year ago, you inspired me to make my first own changa.. have done a lot of mixes since then, and everyone is a little bit different to the other.. i love it Love

Purges
#49 Posted : 2/2/2015 1:50:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Oly for the Changa masterclass Thumbs up I would like to share a recipe I dreamed up that is proving to be marvellous both vaporised in the Herborizer and smoked.

~10g blue lotus was soaked and shaken in IPA for ~2 weeks. Same for lavender.

Resulting IPA filtered and evaporated onto 1g Mullein.

1g spice

~300mg caapi fb, ~200mg rue fb.

Couple of drops lavender towards end of evap.

Left to cure for a few weeks.

Wonderful Love Look forward to experimenting in future. Considering similar to the above, but with Jasmine instead of Lotus.

Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Dizzy Druid
#50 Posted : 11/6/2015 2:10:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi folks !
Interesting thread so far.

After 8 years of changa research and consume i can say that i prefer mixes without harmala, blue lotus and mullein. And even would leave out the caapi this days . Somebody stated before that that is no changa, which just shows the close mindedness of some people. Who defines that kind of things an why should we get blinded by it ?
If you need to give it another name, but do not get trapped in conceptual matters.

It is fairly clear that MAO inhibitors are only necessary if DMT is consumed orally, as the monoaminooxidase in the blood does not breakdown DMT.
Even if the MAO inhibitors in commonly used plants are considered save , there has been cases of people having rather hefty experiences in combination with other substances in their bloodstream.
After 500+ changa experiences i can say that they have detrimental effects on the experience, they seem to create rather dark experiences and not very smooth journeys, plus they leave people tired and dazed, which is ok when you are smoking at night at home, but for social daytime consume its just annoying.
I recommend all of you to try infusing on chamomile , which greatly reduces the unpleasant coming up mentioned in the main post , and experience with plants like ginko biloba , gotu-kola and sinuichi. All of which enhance concentration , allow for a smooth and bright journey, and dont make you tired at all. To the contrary they let you remember better what you experienced and coming up, coming down and the allover experience are just smooth, and do not leave you dazed or half asleep .

What i've learned from the plants over the years is
keep it simple , use max 4-5 plants.
Use plants that have low alkaloid content and have little effect alone.
Smoke joints , and smoke them often , the true lessons we can learn from this plants don't come to you in a 15 minutes brain-wrecking roller-coaster ride , they come from the deepest areas of our mind after regular consume of smaller doses.
I consider high doses like going to a museum and look at fancy art, but regular small doses let your mind really work with the plant, and bring lasting change into your life.

Just my little input .

brilliantlydim
#51 Posted : 11/10/2015 8:45:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the great post Olympus mon. Thank you for taking the time.

I am currently doing my first harmala extract and then would like to make and try my first changa.

I just have one question if anyone can help. When we are mixing the IPA/harmala/spice with the leaf of choice, do have the leaf all cut up into little pieces?

And is it possible to use a GVG for changa effectively?

DeltaSpice
#52 Posted : 11/11/2015 7:18:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ehud wrote:

I am currently doing my first harmala extract and then would like to make and try my first changa.

I just have one question if anyone can help. When we are mixing the IPA/harmala/spice with the leaf of choice, do have the leaf all cut up into little pieces?

Yeh chop it up. Not too fine though, you need some surface area .

Personally I don't bother with the GVG for changa..

Bong it or rizla it.

Its beautiful Smile

Artemis
#53 Posted : 1/29/2016 3:35:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What an excellent post! I have been exploring with freebase for the last year, but always intrigued for changa and have heard many great things. Just picked up some Caapi leaf and blue lotus and will be following the advice given here. Thank you!

#54 Posted : 1/29/2016 8:42:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

ehud wrote:

I usually grind the herbs up pretty fine, with a bit of coarseness. No big chunks though.

For me, small 1ft tall glass bong, a small standing bubbler, or anymore - a good sized glass spoon bubbler.

Chan
#55 Posted : 2/3/2016 2:16:23 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Dizzy Druid wrote:
Hi folks !

After 8 years of changa research and consume i can say that i prefer mixes without harmala, blue lotus and mullein. And even would leave out the caapi this days . Somebody stated before that that is no changa, which just shows the close mindedness of some people. Who defines that kind of things an why should we get blinded by it ?
If you need to give it another name, but do not get trapped in conceptual matters.

It is fairly clear that MAO inhibitors are only necessary if DMT is consumed orally, as the monoaminooxidase in the blood does not breakdown DMT.
Even if the MAO inhibitors in commonly used plants are considered save , there has been cases of people having rather hefty experiences in combination with other substances in their bloodstream.
After 500+ changa experiences i can say that they have detrimental effects on the experience, they seem to create rather dark experiences and not very smooth journeys, plus they leave people tired and dazed, which is ok when you are smoking at night at home, but for social daytime consume its just annoying.
I recommend all of you to try infusing on chamomile , which greatly reduces the unpleasant coming up mentioned in the main post , and experience with plants like ginko biloba , gotu-kola and sinuichi. All of which enhance concentration , allow for a smooth and bright journey, and dont make you tired at all. To the contrary they let you remember better what you experienced and coming up, coming down and the allover experience are just smooth, and do not leave you dazed or half asleep .

Smoke joints , and smoke them often , the true lessons we can learn from this plants don't come to you in a 15 minutes brain-wrecking roller-coaster ride , they come from the deepest areas of our mind after regular consume of smaller doses.
I consider high doses like going to a museum and look at fancy art, but regular small doses let your mind really work with the plant, and bring lasting change into your life.

Just my little input .

Thanks Dizzy!

Pleased to say I'm getting some very good results...Thumbs up
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

Jees
#56 Posted : 2/3/2016 7:29:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dizzy Druid wrote:
...Somebody stated before that that is no changa, which just shows the close mindedness of some people. Who defines that kind of things an why should we get blinded by it ? If you need to give it another name, but do not get trapped in conceptual matters...
I really appreciate greatly your endeavors to practice outside the box, but when that lends itself to be name re-calibrated, why not? For better mutual understanding (which is no narrow mindedness or trap IMHO) changa is best kept related to harmalas.

I like your post very much, and I sure gonna try some of your suggestions, so thank you for the add. Thumbs up

Related:
Enhanced leaf vs changa.

DeltaSpice
#57 Posted : 2/3/2016 9:37:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dizzy Druid wrote:
Hi folks !

Just my little input .

Ayahuasca in smoke-able form , that's what the aim is for me.
It requires Caapi Harmalas and the vine itself to house the DMT/Harmalas.
I smoke sub break through joints every other day and it leaves me feeling renewed and peaceful and takes me deep within my mind.
Nothing beats that for me.
Each to their own I think Smile

smokeydaze
#58 Posted : 2/6/2016 2:46:35 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Fantastic information, well done!
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

thymamai
#59 Posted : 2/9/2016 5:20:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry but, re the OP: what is "a double boiler method"? I feel stupid -- no-one has asked yet.

thanks olympus mon for otherwise unique and completely thorough narrative.

Chan
#60 Posted : 2/9/2016 8:16:22 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

thymamai wrote:
sorry but, re the OP: what is "a double boiler method"? I feel stupid -- no-one has asked yet.

thanks olympus mon for otherwise unique and completely thorough narrative.

A bowl inside a pan full of water, or similar. "Bain-marie" if you're a cook, search for that, for images.

The idea is to keep the flammable solvent away from the heat-source.

Very important if you use a naked flame; not so much if you use electric/induction, and are careful, IME.

“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

PREV1234NEXT