We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia for re-grounding after ungrounding psychedelic experiences Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 12/24/2013 5:16:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know when you come across someone that has gone a little bit too far with LSD or MDMA? They're still connected to reality, but they're thinking is on a much more "spiritual" plane--lots of magical, poetic thinking takes the place of pragmatic, grounded thought.

I have noticed that this pragmatism and grounding increases when I do Salvia. Could Salvia be a good antidote to crazy, out-there psychedelic rambling that could be perceived as weird or schizophrenic by more conformist people? I'm talking gentle Salvia experiences, like quidding or tea, not blowing someone out of the water with a smoked extract.

EDIT: I posted this on an Iboga forum as well, as I believe Salvia and Iboga share grounding, pragmatic qualities, possibly via their kappa-opioid agonism. See below:

~~~

I also posted this in the Salvia forum on the DMT Nexus, but I think it also could apply to Iboga, as another kappa-opioid agonist.

In my experience, these substances take ones consciousness *down* into self-knowledge, rootedness, bare pragmatism, and physicality. As opposed to tryptamines, MDMA and other psychedelics, which *elevates* one into more ethereal, energetic realms of boundless love and perception.

The Yin and Yang analogy could work here; classical psychedelics are expansive and elevating, whereas Salvia and Iboga are contractive and grounding.

Anyway, my point is that I feel that these substances could help someone who has been feeling ungrounded from a psychedelic experience--someone who wishes to reconnect with their pragmatism and not be thinking in terms of spirituality all the time.

Why do I think this?

a) I once read a report of someone coming down instantly from meth-induced psychosis (or was it cocaine-induced?) after smoking a bowl of Salvia.

b) My personal experience is that I feel more grounded, perceptive, and serene after taking Salvia. During the experience, I am able to analyze my own spiritual-type thinking. It's as if these thoughts reach a climax and I see how they play out in my mind, usually in silly or weird ways. In the aftermath of the experience, I am able to see that those thought patterns were getting in the way of me living my life happily. They gradually slip away, like knots that have been untied.

c) Kappa-opioid agonism is correlated with reduction in OCD-like symptoms. And I believe that obsession with spiritual ideals (gratitude, unconditional love, being in-the-moment) could be a form of OCD. Of course these things are important, but sometimes people obsess.

Your thoughts?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

kajex
#2 Posted : 12/24/2013 6:54:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm I'm curious about what others have to say, as I've been feeling a bit floaty and superstitious since my last intense LSD trip, and I have access to dried salvia leaf.

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 12/24/2013 7:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Low level experiences, sure. Plain leaf can have that effect.

But it's different for everyone.

Even just smoking plain leaf increases my thoughts about things like quantum theory, multiverse, brane worlds, etc. More scientific these days, but previously I was obsessed with ideas of Salviaspace being a real place (I still am sometimes) and trying as hard as I could to delve into the 'secrets' that the entities there would (or could) reveal to me. More spiritual in nature.

Not as much with plain leaf on its own, but after I smoked extract I became pretty enthralled with these ideas.

One suggestion I have is some plain leaf with added harmalas. That definitely has a grounding effect. I like to think of harmalas (mixed with another psychedelic) as pretty much embodying this grounding effect you're speaking of.

rOm
#4 Posted : 12/24/2013 11:59:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It can definitely put you in a better place then too much of other psychs. But in my opinion if the problem is going too far with LSD or mdma, maybe think to dose less, and/or less often in order to avoid delusions.
I remember Sabina's saying that the path of the sage lead to far less craziness then the path of the little children (aka psylocibes).
some say iboga is grounding too, but I feel it's centering effects in low doses, I still think you can go very far out with salvia or iboga.
sometime you just need to readjust dosage or set & settings AND Integration. Not simply dosing another substance to try feel more grounded.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

dio
#5 Posted : 9/22/2014 7:17:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Gotta resurrect this to say, yes! I find salvia very grounding.

I just smoked a little of salvia to subtly trip for like 2 minutes and it completely pulled me into a focused grounded state after being a little 'out there' from some ketamine, nitrous oxide and also heartache over a girl. My consciousness has been drifting about, almost in a dissociative identity type way a little bit, arguing and bickering with different instincts in myself. Then that small amount of salvia just yanked it all together and hooked me to the earth and survival. Was very very interesting.

I made this video right afterwards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhGHs375AFY
Basically thats some salvia wisdom pulling me into a more directed understanding viewpoint of grounding being expressed.

SalviaDroid
#6 Posted : 9/22/2014 6:41:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
Low level experiences, sure. Plain leaf can have that effect.

But it's different for everyone.

Even just smoking plain leaf increases my thoughts about things like quantum theory, multiverse, brane worlds, etc. More scientific these days, but previously I was obsessed with ideas of Salviaspace being a real place (I still am sometimes) and trying as hard as I could to delve into the 'secrets' that the entities there would (or could) reveal to me. More spiritual in nature.

Not as much with plain leaf on its own, but after I smoked extract I became pretty enthralled with these ideas.

I am absolutely intrigued by Salvia Land. I feel like it's a real place, but idk that for sure. I think Salvia can have theraputic purposes if the leaves are chewed. Inhaling has never really done anything for me besides blasting me off into other dimensional spaces and leaving me with these crazy existential questions that make utterly no sense in this reality.

Would be nice if this sort of thing could be tested. I absolutely do feel more grounded in a sense when I consume the sage but if you go far it can definitely lead to dissolution of the self. Not sure if thats good or bad.

Cognitive Heart
#7 Posted : 9/22/2014 9:01:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As already mentioned, this can work well after experiences and salvia certainly is grounding..but can also push, tug and fold. Big grin I find it varies with each experience. Salvia is quite insoluble in water. Chewing the leaves would be much more grounding than smoking leaf or extract. The heightened effects with smoking are interesting to explore, too. Chewing low dose leaf may be the right idea here. Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

InLaKesh
#8 Posted : 9/22/2014 9:51:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Chewing low dose leaf may be the right idea here. Thumbs up

What do you consider to be a low dose ? (plain dry leaf , in weight ?)
I guess more than smoked ?
thx

edit: "2 large leafs" i found in another thread, but i still dont have a clue how much that is in weight (dried)...
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

Cognitive Heart
#9 Posted : 9/22/2014 11:34:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
edit: "2 large leafs" i found in another thread, but i still dont have a clue how much that is in weight (dried)...

Fresh leaf chew = 10 - 20 leaves.. dry weight for smoking = 1-3 leaves to start.. effects increase as they may.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.