We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Datura inoxia: an amazing sleep aid and dream enhancer Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 5/23/2009 9:49:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Datura inoxia seeds contain 0.44% scopolamine. Scopolamine has many medical uses. The normal dose used for motion sickness is 400-800 micrograms. Scopolamine is actually of the alkaloids used by NASA to treat motion sickness. It's one of the most effective treatments.

Recently SWIM has been experimenting with micro doses of Datura inoxia seeds. He found that not only do they help him sleep, they also increase the volume of dreams as well as the duration of dreams he has.

Normally it takes him about 30 minutes to fall asleep. But if he takes a few Datura inoxia seeds (up to 4), and then goes to bed 15 minutes afterwards, he starts dreaming as soon as he lays down and closes his eyes. It's fantastic.

Now these are not unusual wacky drug induced dreams. They are normal dreams. They just come on much quicker. The seeds somehow allow you to drift away into a deep sleep really fast. But you need to already be sleepy. They don't put you to sleep, they just make it really easy to fall asleep.

SWIM has also used them while awake during the day to see what they do while awake. He's used up to 4 seeds (40 mg of seeds containing approximately 170 micrograms of scopolamine). That's a very small dose. The amount normally used for motion sickness is 400-800 micrograms of scopolamine, so 4 seeds is extremely safe. At that dose, within about 10 minutes after chewing the seeds you feel relaxed, at ease. Your body feels soft, your muscles feel loser than normal, and you feel a slight sedation. It's very mild. There's also a hint of euphoria felt, but not always. Drinking coffee increases the euphoria felt. There are few effect felt other than a soft slightly sedated feeling. It's pleasant if you're planning to relax.

The peak effects hit at about 45-60 minutes and then begin to slowly fade over the next few hours. After about 3 hours you can hardly feel it. Effects linger very slightly for about 6 hours.

Please note that dangerous delirium inducing doses are many time higher that the doses used for motion sickness. SWIM is using doses smaller than those used for motion sickness so there's no possibility of any delirium occurring. Although if SWIM relaxes, he does see very extremely mild LSD-like visual effects, but no other mental effects are present. This seems stronger if he drinks coffee.

I highly recommend 1-4 Datura inoxia seeds as an occasional sleep aid. Unlike most other sleep aids, this increases dreams and doesn't decrease them. You wake up feeling refreshed. Normally SWIM wakes up several times in the night, but when he uses these seeds he sleeps sound through the whole night until the morning. They are just fantastic sleep aids. I'm surprised they are not popular for this use. They work better than all of the other sleep aids SWIM has tried.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Drake
#2 Posted : 5/23/2009 10:07:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very interesting! I wonder if the seeds can be crushed up and put into a changa mix? Do the seeds have any known MAOIs? Just in case it might not be safe to mix and match?

I was thinking using the seeds as another way to reduce anxiety! It sounds like it would help a good deal. Maybe stack the seeds with Kava for a even greater effect of relaxation! I just have no idea how safe mixing these seeds would be.

This information was very insightful!
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

arimane
#3 Posted : 5/23/2009 12:13:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As I know, datura hasn't got any MAOI trace

I like your experiments, 69ron Pleased
Bad, bad english

burnt
#4 Posted : 5/23/2009 3:06:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Not much of a surprise really scopalamine used to be prescribed as a sleep aid until recently.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 5/23/2009 3:53:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

burnt wrote:
Not much of a surprise really scopalamine used to be prescribed as a sleep aid until recently.

Was there any reason for the turnaround other than its history of a substance of abuse?

ommani
#6 Posted : 5/23/2009 5:13:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the info, ron!

I wonder how well these seeds would work at calming the energy of cactus...

69ron
#7 Posted : 5/23/2009 10:27:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
69ron about Datura Stramonium:
"69ron" wrote:
At this point there are no mental effects of any kind, except when he lays in bed with his eyes closed, dreams start almost immediately before he even fall asleep. Within about 5 minutes he falls asleep. It usually takes him about 30 minutes to fall asleep. The Datura stramonium really helps put him to sleep.

"69ron" wrote:
Yes you do. You feel very well rested the following day.

Sounds pretty similar to how inoxia worked for you as a sleep and dream aid. Is inoxia much better for this purpose than stramonium?

Yeah, they’re similar in this respect, but D. stramonium is a stimulant, so you need to be careful not to take too much or you’ll have a hard time sleeping. After playing around with the two more, SWIM found D. inoxia to be much better for inducing sleep. It’s a sedative, and even at the small doses used, the sedative effect, although mild, is very effective.

So, I’d defineitely put D. inoxia above D. stramonium in this case. Others have reported difficulty sleeping when using even just 1 D. stramonium seed, so I can’t recommend it anymore for this purpose. Everyone I know finds it easy to sleep when using D. inoxia seeds.

Let me clarify, SWIM has not had actual lucid dreams from either, but has read that others have.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#8 Posted : 5/23/2009 10:34:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ommani wrote:

They work very well for that. SWIM used 3 seeds with 75 mg of mescaline and found that they very effectively blocked the stimulant effects of mescaline. At 75 mg, for SWIM, mescaline is mostly just a stimulant and euphoriant, with very mild psychedelic effects that are hardly noticeable. 3 D. inoxia seeds made the trip very smooth and relaxed without effecting the psychedelic or euphoric elements of the mescaline. SWIM has not tried large doses of mescaline with them yet.

69ron
#9 Posted : 5/23/2009 10:48:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Drake wrote:
very interesting! I wonder if the seeds can be crushed up and put into a changa mix? Do the seeds have any known MAOIs? Just in case it might not be safe to mix and match?

I was thinking using the seeds as another way to reduce anxiety! It sounds like it would help a good deal. Maybe stack the seeds with Kava for a even greater effect of relaxation! I just have no idea how safe mixing these seeds would be.

This information was very insightful!

Some shamans mix small amounts of Datara and similar plants into their ayahuasca brews, and the mix is not known to be dangerous as far as I am aware. It’s known to be much more potent though. I think D. stramonium would work better than D. inoxia. SWIM has found D. stramonium to potentiate every psychedelic he’s tried with it, but he hasn’t found D. inoxia to do that. But maybe the dose of D. inoxia was just too small to work.

3 Datura inoxia seeds very effectively reduce anxiety. The main ingredient, scopolamine (97% of the alkaloid mix in the seeds) is said to increase the effectiveness of other tranquilizers. SWIM has not mixed it with any other tranquilizers yet. He has kava. That’s an interesting test. I have never heard of dangerous interactions when using microdoses of scopolamine with other drugs. 4 seeds contain about 176 micrograms and an average dose of scopolamine used to treat sea sickness is 400-800 micrograms. So I think that’s a safe dose to play around with. But I would start with 1 seed first, just to be extra cautious.

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 5/23/2009 10:59:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hmmm adding these to changa might be pretty sweet
it's a sound

Jurence
#11 Posted : 5/23/2009 11:01:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought I'd chime in. I have been eating 2 a night every other night and i remember every dream with SO much detail its so fabulous. I can almost say that it is like a trip, as in that I've solved some problems just by being rubbed something in my face by my unconscious mind. I'd elaborate, but i'm sure nexus doesn't want to hear about my gay relationship issues (gay as in literally)
Disclaimer:All first person statements in the post above are not true

smokeydaze
#12 Posted : 5/24/2009 2:38:12 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Jorkest wrote:
hmmm adding these to changa might be pretty sweet

You can use the leafs, apparently Brugmasia is very good and I'm assuming that it's not too different from Datura?

Ron, like I said I have some Datura plants close to where I live - how do I go about obtaining seed's from it?
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Drake
#13 Posted : 5/24/2009 3:21:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
burnt wrote:

Was there any reason for the turnaround other than its history of a substance of abuse?

I was hoping not to see that word.... Abuse, worse when its made into a sentence like... "Its history of a substance of abuse". I went onto Erowid and not to my surprise:
Quote:

INTERNATIONAL LAW #
Australia #
We have been told that ote from AM : "Datura Stramonnium is listed as a schedule 1 poison Nationally. In N.S.W. Plants containing less than 0.25% alkaloids by weight are a schedule 2 Medicinal poison and must be prescribed by a medical proffesional, the exception in this case being for smoking preparations." (unconfirmed) (thanks AM)

Australian law strikes again! Crying or very sad ! But what about how it sead the thing with the exception? Dose this mean if I want to smoke it or something... Its legal? Might of misread it.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

69ron
#14 Posted : 5/24/2009 7:15:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
Ron, like I said I have some Datura plants close to where I live - how do I go about obtaining seed's from it?

I don't know. I've grown them before in the past but was never interested in obtaining seeds from them. There's a certain time the pods should be harvested but I just don't know the details.

69ron
#15 Posted : 5/24/2009 7:19:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jurence wrote:
I thought I'd chime in. I have been eating 2 a night every other night and i remember every dream with SO much detail its so fabulous. I can almost say that it is like a trip, as in that I've solved some problems just by being rubbed something in my face by my unconscious mind. I'd elaborate, but i'm sure nexus doesn't want to hear about my gay relationship issues (gay as in literally)

This is interesting. It’s good to see that SWIM isn’t the only one experiencing increased dreams from these seeds. It’s amazing how many dreams it enables one to have. It’s as if he’s dreaming constantly throughout the entire night.

He’s like to be able to experience lucid dreams like others have claimed. Maybe with practice this is possible.

Drake
#16 Posted : 5/24/2009 9:16:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn that sounds crazy. Would love to get my hands on some seeds!
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

Jorkest
#17 Posted : 5/24/2009 5:36:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM has also experienced that effect from datura s.

he starts thinking about something in real life..and slowly changes to the dream state without realizing it...its just like being awake..except then he wakes up again just to realize nothing had happened..

last night he was flying around in his dreams..and it seemed completely normal...he could also teleport himself anywhere immediately..but he still didnt realize it was a dream...

he could even jump off of big buildings and hit the ground..no pain nothing..at one point he was in this strange helicopter..and he was actually controlling the thing with instruments that hes never ever seen in a helicopter..but it came naturally..

oh he had also been smoking some bufotenine, dmt, and salvia that night...so its very possible this along with the 1 datura s. seed made his dreams extremely vivid
it's a sound

ommani
#18 Posted : 5/25/2009 12:26:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
ommani wrote:

They work very well for that. SWIM used 3 seeds with 75 mg of mescaline and found that they very effectively blocked the stimulant effects of mescaline. At 75 mg, for SWIM, mescaline is mostly just a stimulant and euphoriant, with very mild psychedelic effects that are hardly noticeable. 3 D. inoxia seeds made the trip very smooth and relaxed without effecting the psychedelic or euphoric elements of the mescaline. SWIM has not tried large doses of mescaline with them yet.

excellent!

reflexion
#19 Posted : 5/25/2009 6:22:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
ommani wrote:

ron, would you say that a few d. inoxia seeds work aswell or better than THH for this purpose?

69ron
#20 Posted : 5/25/2009 10:11:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

reflexion wrote:
69ron wrote:
ommani wrote:

ron, would you say that a few d. inoxia seeds work aswell or better than THH for this purpose?

What an excellent question. Both seem to block the stimulant effects of mescaline equally well. THH also alters the mescaline experience making it more dreamy and ayahuasca like. 3 D. inoxia have little effect on the experience other than the fact that they block the stimulant effects.

123NEXT»