We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
688mg of Mescaline HCl - a journey to remember Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 9/9/2014 1:10:37 AM

lettuce

Surprised

Aug 9, 2014, 2:30 PM

Outside - warn, sunny, pleasant - heading into a supermoon

195# male 45 yo

Last Meal: Some oatmeal and blueberries about 10:30am

Dose: 688mg Mescaline HCl (7.7mg/kg) taken in three capsules 20 minutes apart. ⅓ 2:30 - ⅓ 2:50 - ⅓ 3:10

T+ :30 We could definitely feel the comeup starting.

T+1:30 The trip was really starting to take off

At this point along with feeling pretty warm and spacey I experienced issues with the regulation of my body temperature (up down up down, etc). I also experienced a lot of twitching and just felt like writhing so I laid down for a bit and did both.

Tried to smoke a little cannabis (not thinking correctly that it might help with the physical issues)… leading to…

T+3.5 PURGE! - about 2-3 times. I felt a little better and holy mackerel… it really kicked stuff into overdrive. It didn't take long for the discomfort to return and I was back to laying down a lot - trying to ignore it.

T+4 - 5 I'm pretty sure I'm Peaking? I was so high and so uncomfortable that I couldn't tell what the hell was going on… but I was smiling. Big grin

Mentally, there was beauty, both in OEVs, CEVs and just the overall demeanor of the experience. OEVs are geometric but not-equal sided shapes. They're very organic - very incalculably geometric. They are super-soft, and super-saturated. Everything looks like a photo from 1974 only WAY trippier.

When I could physically relax/be still - good depth was achieved. As is the case for many of my journeys, I found myself involved in many conversations with my "infinite other selves" for lack of a better descriptor. Common themes of love and connectedness were discussed. My understanding of human motivation was challenged and adjusted. My appreciation for the trials and tribulations of all humans' endeavors was elevated and I found myself feeling ashamed for recent bouts of impatience and being over-judgemental.

T+9 I took 2 IBUPROFIN - headache was coming on

T+9-10.5 - laid in tent - lasers & smoke machine - another shitty idea...

T+9.5-10.5 More PURGING, sweating, shivering. I tried to take sips of water - no luck - came right back up.

T+10.5 (1am-ish) My buddy's wife took him home and I hobbled up to bed. I was scared to do anything but lay still for fear of more purging - which had exhausted me. I thought it'd take a while, but within 5 min I was fast asleep and stayed that way until 7:30am

Overall, I had a beautiful but rough experience. (probably a lot of it my own fault) It was just really difficult to let go a lot of the time because of the physical discomfort. I learned the very hard way. Pre-hydrate and fast like a zealot… no eating, drinking, no cannabis - at all on these high doses. Although I don't know… I think I would have purged anyway eventually, but not nearly as badly or for as long. Medicine… at this level that's exactly what it is. I went in with a respectful intent and felt that it was a rewarding experience, but not fun, cool, or necessarily enjoyable per se.

This occurred with one of my best friends. We both experience similar physical discomfort. We switched between lying down in a tent and sitting around the fire for almost all of the experience. It was a nice blend of social and very individual experience.

Overall - I'm glad I went this far. That being said, I can't EVER see doing this dose again…. I think I would go ⅔ as far for my next try at a visionary dose.

I'm also finding that I enjoy smaller doses as "helper" doses with other substances. It seems to improve/insure disposition to some degree like MDMA. For instance, I find combining with L seems pretty similar to a candy flip IMHO.

A large thanks to all my cacti brothers and sisters here. Without the shared knowledge and experience from all of you this wouldn't have been possible.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

xram
#2 Posted : 9/9/2014 3:13:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the report, it was a good read.

To help with the nausea, a friend has found mixing some lemon essential oil into lemon and ginger tea helps a lot (concentrated lemon helps combat seratonagenic stomach stuff). He also found sulfate to be easier physically, though this might just be because it was purer than the HCl he had.

Not sure there's much to be done about the temperature modulation and stimulation. Usually purging helps, but not always. Moving around (hiking, biking etc) often helps but could also agitate it.

In any case, sounds like a worthwhile experience.

antichode
#3 Posted : 9/9/2014 8:15:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that You need to 'let go' of the body load as well on high doses. As soon as you stop concentrating on it and just let it happen the stimulation can become extremely pleasant on a physical level. While Im journeying on high doses my arms and legs are literally all over the place. If my muscles are twitching with energy Ill tighten them and then let go, shoot my arms out in response and interact with the signals... writhing on a bed with fur blankets is a very good option!!!!

You could also try mixing some pure crystal with tea, I find thats a great way to have the sedative effects of the other alkaloids and the crystal clear thought of pure mescaline.

HumbleTraveler
#4 Posted : 9/9/2014 10:37:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great read! Im going to be doing 150 with some coffee soon hoping to potentiate the effects. I know everyone has said its "low" but I need to dip my feet before I jump in.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Orion
#5 Posted : 9/10/2014 2:25:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HumbleTraveler wrote:
Great read! Im going to be doing 150 with some coffee soon hoping to potentiate the effects. I know everyone has said its "low" but I need to dip my feet before I jump in.

I've had mild but very obvious effects from less than half of that dose, taken before breakfast.

Interesting report, Pup Smile
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

pinkoyd
#6 Posted : 9/10/2014 4:21:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

I'll second the ginger for nausea control. Thin slices of fresh ginger work quite well but may be an acquired taste. Never tried the lemon oil though.

I assume the tea antichode was referring to is ayahuasca, in which case I'll second that too. Caapi leaf tea, not ayahuasca per se, really offsets the stimulation and calms a mesc body load and generally smooths out the trip. Smoked plain or enhanced leaf does the same thing IME.

I already asked Alice.

Purges
#7 Posted : 9/10/2014 7:11:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have always wondered whether the body load on Mescaline would be bothersome. It certainly is very much so on Shulgins 2cx Mesc analogues. Am still intrigued, hopefully lemon oil, ginger or caapi will be of assistance when the time comes.

pinkoyd wrote:
antichode

I can only imagine what one of those is Wink Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

antichode
#8 Posted : 9/15/2014 8:04:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pinkoyd wrote:

I assume the tea antichode was referring to is ayahuasca, in which case I'll second that too. Caapi leaf tea, not ayahuasca per se, really offsets the stimulation and calms a mesc body load and generally smooths out the trip. Smoked plain or enhanced leaf does the same thing IME.

No I was referring to some cactus tea. Bridgesii if you have it. Just a little of the other alkaloids can take the edge off