We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phosphenes Options

HumbleTraveler
#1 Posted : 9/4/2014 6:10:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For those who looked at this and said what the ham are phosphenes...close your eyes and start rubbing them or pressing on your eye. What you see is known as a phosphene, patterns of apparent electromagnetic stimuli appearing as light when no light is in fact present.

Ive had fantastic immersive visual experiences from just pressing gently with the palms of my hands on my eyes for a few seconds. The visuals appear and I begin rubbing my eyes in different patterns. Id suggest trying to keep your facial muscles relaxed as Ive noticed if I squint or tighten my muscles it can cause a bit of an uncomfortable feeling in the head.

In all seriousness, the patterns I see are very reminiscent of the geometry one can experience during a trip. It's very easy to get completely lost in these patterns, they take on more than just 2 dimensionality. I often get very intricate swirling patterns and shapes that give way to rotating infinite gridlike patterns.

Not much consciousness exploring going on, but still, it really can be very awesome if you actually kind of let yourself go toward these patterns. They become even more intense.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 9/4/2014 2:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I get this from rubbing my eyes occasionally throughout the week. Not something I'd do often..but its always nice to see some pseudo colors and patterns within the phosphene phenomena. The current information surrounding phosphenes is really interesting.

Quote:
They argued, among other things, that non-figurative art of the Upper Paleolithic depicts actual visions of phosphenes and neurological "form constants", probably enhanced by hallucinogenic drugs.
Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

twofourtwo
#3 Posted : 9/4/2014 4:16:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I lost the book a long time ago, but I remember how Salvador Dali mentioned this in his autobiography: when he was young he and his classmates would do this during lessons to overcome the boredom. They would call them (the phosphene visuals) 'angels'.

It struck me because I used to do the same as a child -maybe all children did, or just the ones that end as psychedelic aficionados Smile

HumbleTraveler
#4 Posted : 9/4/2014 6:56:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would ALWAYS, while laying in my room at night if I had my eyes open, see these little colored blobs of faint light that were every where and they would organize into a pattern and swirl around. And that was just laying down with my eyes open, I always used to say to my mom do you see what Im seeing? She didnt though.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

twofourtwo
#5 Posted : 9/4/2014 9:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just remember I read about this phenomenon in another book, "Psychedelic Information Theory", by one James Kent. The writer has dedicated a chapter to phosphenes, also known as entoptic hallucinations (You can read the chapter here: LINK )

Apparently, they're also the visions that are caused by strobe lights and mind machines.

The other day I saw an exhibition where an artist had transformed an entire room into a kind of mind machine, with flickering lights in the ceiling- it was quite spectacular (The curator said they called it 'the epilepsy room' ) and it would indeed cause these typical hallucinations. We spent a lot of time there Smile

(I found someone who filmed the ceiling at the expo to give an expression: YOUTUBE)

Nathanial.Dread
#6 Posted : 9/5/2014 2:54:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was always fascinated by these. Whenever I rubbed my eyes, I always got the same effect: swirling greens and pinks that eventually became a large yellow donut shape, which would be burned onto my field of vision for several minutes.

It was cool.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

cubeananda
#7 Posted : 9/5/2014 3:15:05 AM

jai

Shiva's 90th technique from vigyan bhairan tantra, (fomulated into english by osho)

"TOUCHING EYEBALLS AS A FEATHER, LIGHTNESS BETWEEN THEM OPENS INTO HEART AND THERE PERMEATES THE COSMOS"

โ—‹
#8 Posted : 9/5/2014 6:34:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Rubbing my eyes for a period of time under various conditions is nothing like an intense DMT experience/breakthrough ime, even light DMT dosages.

HumbleTraveler
#9 Posted : 9/5/2014 7:20:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thatd have to be one powerful eye rub if it got anywhere near the intensity of even a low dose DMT trip Very happy

Smile

Global
#10 Posted : 9/7/2014 12:44:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I don't have to rub my eyes to see the phosphenes since smoking DMT. I can see them with ease by lightly closing my eyes as well. It's my observation, that with eyes open, they seem most prevalent either over a black background, or a light blue background such as the sky. I think the phosphenes may make slight modifications to a trip by the nature of physically beholding them, and how hyperspace reacts and conforms to visual input. I wouldn't say that they're responsible for creating the imagery, or that they are the imagery, but they could have an impact. At lower doses especially, DMT displays its uncanny ability to work with light afterimages as well.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

VIII
#11 Posted : 9/7/2014 11:27:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.religiousvisionsoflight.com
I've enjoyed the information presented on the above website regarding phosphenes and other visionary experiences.
The videos demonstrate some common phosphene visuals that I also see while relaxing and/or stressing muscles near the eyes with eyes closed.

After smoalking recently my visuals are generally more pronounced or deeper/longer. Certainly enoyable in its own right though never on the levels of a DMT journey for me. Unless I just smoalked Smile
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.