We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"The fear" Options

Rabbit
#1 Posted : 9/3/2014 7:25:16 AM

Hopping through time and space

Sometimes for the rabbit, DMT elicits a certain spooky or scary feeling. It's not a feeling like terrifying or like one is about to spiral into a bad trip - more like a fear of the unknown..the same fear one feels when (s)he believes to be experiencing/searching for a paranormal event, is analyzing a nightmare after waking up from it, or is walking through the woods on a dark foggy night.

It's a "spooky" fear, the kind that just gets your adrenaline pumping, more of a "flight" than a "fight" response though.

This happens sometimes while the rabbit is under the effects, and tends to linger for a day or two - happening at random intervals. The peculiar thing is that in the day or two following DMT administration, this happens at otherwise normal points in time.

Anyone else ever experience this? Is there any science behind it? Or is the rabbit alone with these feelings? Perhaps there is something more spiritual to it.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 9/3/2014 8:52:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rabbit wrote:
"spooky" fear...Anyone else ever experience this?...

Nope, nobody ever had fear or excitement on spice, it's always quite a flat experience, quite dull, very boring actually.

Laughing joking.

Use the search-function button in the menu bar, type "fear" in the subject rule and find 21 pages of hits, you can eat your heart out full throttle.

I guess, letting go, surrender, is a very huge part for many, and fear plays a big role in that. Spice is an ultimate training tool for it, to have and find the trust.
Step one: to face fear as okay, to see fear as a normal thing and not an enemy. This way fear for the fear can dissolve gradually, and then the fear itself too. I'm still in the process, but reached quite a distance from my start position.
Happy trials.

Rabbit
#3 Posted : 9/3/2014 10:23:47 AM

Lol, well I know DMT can cause fear. My point was that this was a different type of fear than simply being scared of the effects of the drug or the situation - especially since it lingers well after the substance wears off. It's like an extra hint of adrenaline perhaps.

Maybe I'm just not explaining it correctly..but I'll browse the forums for more on this topic.

edit: That's the other thing, I don't actually feel scared during it. I'm not worried that something bad will happen or anything. It is a very abstract feeling.

Shanghigher
#4 Posted : 9/3/2014 11:51:28 AM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

I had an acid trip recently which I wouldn't describe as bad or fearful, but more unsettling. I had a similar experience last time I did DMT too. If anything, I think its more my brain telling me that you can stick a fork in me because I'm done.

I might just write a whole trip report rather than going into it here, lol.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!โ€
โ€• Hunter S. Thompson

Orion
#5 Posted : 9/3/2014 3:01:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rabbit wrote:
like a fear of the unknown..the same fear one feels when (s)he believes to be experiencing/searching for a paranormal event, is analyzing a nightmare after waking up from it, or is walking through the woods on a dark foggy night.

It's a "spooky" fear, the kind that just gets your adrenaline pumping, more of a "flight" than a "fight" response though.

This happens sometimes while the rabbit is under the effects, and tends to linger for a day or two - happening at random intervals. The peculiar thing is that in the day or two following DMT administration, this happens at otherwise normal points in time.

Anyone else ever experience this? Is there any science behind it? Or is the rabbit alone with these feelings? Perhaps there is something more spiritual to it.

Rabbit wrote:
that's the other thing, I don't actually feel scared during it. I'm not worried that something bad will happen or anything. It is a very abstract feeling.

To me this reads as a natural fear of the unknown but having the feeling resurface randomly is not something I have experienced with DMT personally.

When you say 'during it' do you mean when travelling or when the 'spooky' feeling arises ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

acacian
#6 Posted : 9/4/2014 2:07:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

is the feeling prevalent for the entire journey or does it phase in and out and then linger afterwards. sometimes on my journeys I encounter a slight spookiness.. but it is usually something that occurs when a thought enters the experience and the extent to which I hold on to that thought determines the feeling of "spookiness" to follow. if i let it pass by then it usually resolves into a more meaningful vision again... most journeys I just zone back out into the visions but sometimes I'm left with a bit of an off feeling if I feel I held on a bit too much.. thats where preparation beforehand plays a big role for me. the uncomfortable experiences only really occur when I haven't done sufficient mental preparation

Jees
#7 Posted : 9/4/2014 11:09:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rabbit wrote:
... - especially since it lingers well after the substance wears off. It's like an extra hint of adrenaline perhaps...

So it's no pre-flight anxiety.
I've never had any of thrill in wearing off, always smooth, but hard to get a sleep readily after it though.

Rabbit
#8 Posted : 9/5/2014 6:10:59 AM

By "during it", I do mean when the spooky feeling arises. Imagine a painting looking at a haunted house in a foggy forest, in the black of night - the colors, dark chilly aura, deep patterns, and ultimately the -feeling- that comes with it. It's that, I think, that capitalizes sometimes during the rabbit's DMT experiences. DMT's ability to mold its effects based upon the user's entire perception (and vice-versa, mold perception based upon its effects) paints the experience in this spooky form occasionally for the rabbit.

The colors will be colder and darker, less happy and more eerie in nature. If spirits or human figures are seen, the brain would register them more shadowy, more akin to chilly ghouls than golden goddesses. Not necessarily evil, but not the warm spirits one feels during a trip of a different feel.

I'll give one example. The rabbit was laying in its bed right, at the end of dusk, with the light off in its room, door closed but hall light on. The light from the hall shone through the door frame, which gave it a glow that stood out against the natural bluish, almost indigo tint cast by the end of dusk across the otherwise dark room. The DMT intensified all of these elements, both the colors and the darkness, as well as the glow, and brought on this notion of spookiness to an otherwise normal situation.

In this case, the setting undoubtedly had a role, but without the unique touch of DMT to this scene, the feeling would probably not have surfaced at all. The rabbit was not feeling at unease going into the trip.

(I really wish the rabbit were an artist, so it could paint what it's talking about.)

But it's important to note that - just like a creepy painting can be - the experience is still generally a positive one. Things are still vibrant. It's spooky, not 'scary'. But it keeps you on your toes a little more than normal.

-=-=-=-=-

Regarding the aftereffects, as I had mentioned it's as if the "flight" response of fight or flight has been sensitized. Thunder/lightning makes the heart jump a bit more. Almost running into someone in a hallway tends to have a more startling effect. Normal fears such as heights, or driving, cause more unease than usual. More likely to see things in the corner of your eyes that aren't there. I have a feeling that if one were to "ghost hunt" under this mind-state, they would be more likely to report a paranormal experience.

In reality, the effect is small, and the only impact it really has on everyday life is to cause one to become more cautious in certain situations. It's also temporary; as unaltered reality completely immerses the brain once again, it subsides. Generally within a week of abstinence, this effect is completely gone.

I hope this is a better explanation.

Rabbit
#9 Posted : 9/5/2014 6:16:02 AM

Perhaps this song/video can give a fairly good representation.

(Orbital - Shadows)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkZNYo1yTHs

Frac7alt1m3
#10 Posted : 9/5/2014 7:26:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The spooky feeling you describe reminds me so much of most of my dreams growing up, in most of these dreams i am not even doing much really, just walking, biking or driving around somewhere, in a neighborhood, at a park, in a building or someones house, just mundane sort of places.
All unfamiliar but recurring places and i am usually alone so the dominant factor of the dream is the spookiness so i have always wondered what this was about.
it bled into my waking life often, many times i would go somewhere unfamiliar and it would strongly trigger that creepy feeling.
Then when i got into my teens i used dxm quite a bit and it tends to produce a similar spookiness which was extra bizarre considering all my dreams growing up had a similar creepy tone and they continued through my dxm use which made those feelings bleed into my waking life more often and more intensely.
but after i left all that behind and started working with spice it seemed to sort of slow down although i do still sometimes have spooky dreams and occasionally that spooky feeling from spice, i guess i always figured that happened because of my dissociative use.
i also think it may have something to do with the fight or flight response. i am really curious.

Guyomech
#11 Posted : 9/5/2014 7:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

I think that since each of us has different lists of hopes/fears, each of us will have our own brand of anxieties, especially related to the spice. My pre-flight jitters are usually pretty superficial, like before a roller coaster. Then it gets fascinating. Recently, this fascination has become overwhelming to the point of being fearful. Like this: first the patterns emerge from the dark. They clarify, brighten, take on dimension and movement. I'll find myself sort of taking notes, observations. What colors I'm seeing, names I give the features. The fascination builds as the vision gains momentum... And then BOOM, something in my firld of vision will rotate on the wrong axis and there it is, the thing I've been asking to see all along, and now that it's in front of my face I'm terrified of it and SNAP the eyes are open. The vision is gone and replaced by a highly modified version of the room I'm sitting in. Everything is beautiful and meaningful but damn, I'm still in a Ferris wheel seat sitting next to Death and there is no choice but to take the full turn around the wheel. Death is being perfectly polite but, you know, it would be nice if he were somewhere else.

And rather than being spooky per se, it's more of a heavy/serious vibe, and yeah, you will get flashes of that for the rest of your life. Not in a bad way... But to be that awestruck even for just a moment can change your perception indelibly.

Bill Cipher
#12 Posted : 9/5/2014 8:03:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are one of my favorite humans, Guyomech.

Orion
#13 Posted : 9/6/2014 3:15:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's better to get past that feeling whilst you are high.

Have you ever tried a reset and starting again with the least powerful psychedelic? Some say that's cannabis. I'm not so sure I consider it a psychedelic at normal doses but it does help in dealing with that fight or flight response. You can get very close to that state of mind without feeling you are going to get sucked into the darkness. You can practice more comfortably with this without making a commitment for 8 hours or complete removal from reality for 10 minutes. Try thinking about psychedelics whilst in that mind state, how does it feel? Remember that tripping is a verb, it should be something you DO not just something you end up feeling mixed up in once you get there.

You're always in the light, even in the darkness you cast your own, even if you forget to see it.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

darklordsson
#14 Posted : 9/6/2014 4:19:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
You're always in the light, even in the darkness you cast your own, even if you forget to see it.

I find myself constantly reminding myself of this. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

I cant say all my anxiety is gone, but I can say its very easy to step over now. Constantly breaking through kind of makes you dive head first, and usually, nothing bad ever happens, you just expect it to. "Hope for the best But prep for the worst." I think is why my lil preflight jitters will always be there lol. The healthy fear of the Unknown. Which leads to great respect with this compound as well IMO. Simply observing and spectating the trip has helped hugely too as well for me. I don't dive into thoughts I just observe what's going on, but if there are entities I do communicate to them respectfully lolSmile

Namaste, ---dls---

concombres
#15 Posted : 9/23/2014 12:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rabbit wrote:
Sometimes for the rabbit, DMT elicits a certain spooky or scary feeling. It's not a feeling like terrifying or like one is about to spiral into a bad trip - more like a fear of the unknown..the same fear one feels when (s)he believes to be experiencing/searching for a paranormal event, is analyzing a nightmare after waking up from it, or is walking through the woods on a dark foggy night.

I get this when i smoke almost every time until i let go & get comfortable in the trip. Its to the point its getting hard for me to push myself to smoke spice. ive struggled with anxiety most of my life so im very farmilliar with the feeling.
I did find, for me at least, that a decent dose of mdma clears any anxiety up. It does alter the trip but for me its always just added a strong euphoria. Makes me want to squirm around & giggle like a baby while im in hyperspace.

anrchy
#16 Posted : 9/23/2014 6:47:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its called anxiety.

For the longest time i didnt understand anxiety, had a gf who had anxiety attacks. I think it was dmt that finally taught me that i had anxiety attacks sometimes.

Dmt for sure gives me anxiety. Theres the obvious preflight anxiety, but theres also the over all anxiety. For me the intensity has initiated anxiety attacks although not severe ones. This is all pretty much gone now, and didnt happen very often.

What you are talking about is anxiety.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Ice House
#17 Posted : 9/24/2014 8:04:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I see fear and anxiety as two distinctly different emotions or experiences when it comes to DMT. Both were fairly easy to eliminate from my experiences.

Two observations-

Anxiety, it completely disappeared once I had finally experienced complete ego death during a long winded mushroom experience. Some would call the experience a bad trip. Anyway, I have had a couple of hundred DMT experiences since then and never a single speck of anxiety.

Fear during take off, completely disappeared once I started consuming change with a minimum of 50/50 harmala DMT ratio. Heavier harmala mixes are even more relaxing.

I haven't vaped DMT alone for a few years now. I haven't experienced fear or anxiety since I brought harmalas into the mix.

Practice, practice, practice! It took me several hundred experiences to get really relaxed.

Fear is healthy and is a normal part of the DMT experience.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.