We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Daylight savings time bug with forum timestamps Options

arcologist
#1 Posted : 3/18/2014 7:12:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed that since we switched to daylight savings time here recently, the timestamps are off by 1 hour for people living in the US. For instance, I am in US eastern standard time and the time here is currently 3:06pm, which is UTC-4:00. However, the forum reports it as UTC-5:00, or 2:06pm. For part of the year we are UTC-4:00, and for the other part we are UTC-5:00.

I think this has to do with different countries handling daylight savings time differently (this was unknown to me until recently). I realize this might be a bit tricky to fix in general because there's a lot of variation with how countries handle time.

Details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Intezam
#2 Posted : 9/2/2014 10:04:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nexus is now three (3) days ahead into the future. Shocked Today we could not access the forum, only after setting the date on our computer into the future did it work...Smile

Anyway, the weather lady on the tele still says: september 01. Surprised