We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Strange Crystal Formations *MUST SEE* Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 5/20/2009 9:17:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so SWIM was freebasing some dmt-fumarate with sodium carbonate..and then was drying the mix out in his food dehydrator..and about 20 minutes later he looked at it..and found this!

it looks like the crystals or whatever they are grew higher than the level of the water that was in there...anybody have any idea what the hell happened here..its awesome!
it's a sound

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

VisualDistortion
#2 Posted : 5/20/2009 9:24:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IDK, I know crack does that though. Good crack, that is made with lye and is ether extracted, not bad crack that is boil in water with baking soda. But you aint cookin up crack so I really don't know.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 5/20/2009 9:25:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

yeah...its most certainly NOT crack...SWIM was extremely surprised when he saw that..
it's a sound

VisualDistortion
#4 Posted : 5/20/2009 9:28:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, its wierd. Can you think of anything that you possibly did different? Do you use certain ratio's when freebasing with sodium carbonate or kinda fly by eye?
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Aegle
#5 Posted : 5/20/2009 9:28:18 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Wow Jorkest those crystals are amazing kinda look like coral to me. Totally kewl man Very happy

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 5/20/2009 9:36:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well..let me tell you what SWIM said he did...

yesterday he was doing the d-limonene -> spice fumarate and from his first d-limonene pull he got roughly 900mg of freebase spice..but it was still a fumaric salt at that point..not freebased...so he had like 1300mg of dmt fumarate and some fumaric acid...he added 2g of sodium carbonate to it and added 3ml of water...stirred it really nice and then dried it in the dehydrator..then pulled from that with some MEK...well he had a little bit more spice fumarate and fumaric acid chunk that he got from another pull and he figured there was plenty of sodium carbonate in the remaining stuff to just throw that in there and freebase the whole thing again..with another 3ml of water

so i hope that isnt too confusing to follow..so then he put that in the dehydrator again to dry it out..and wham out comes the coral! it was quite the surprise because the formations were taller than how 'deep' the water was..so he has no idea how they got so tall
it's a sound

pinche
#7 Posted : 5/20/2009 10:00:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IT'S ALIVE !!!

Like fungi maybe.

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 5/20/2009 10:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha some of them do look like little pins!
it's a sound

tryptographer
#9 Posted : 5/20/2009 11:27:20 PM

tryptamine photographer

I hope they aren't predatory or require blood Smile

I guess the liquid is sucked up in the first blotches of crystal mass by capillary action; it then evaporates creating more small crystals that suck up more liquid that evaporates forming more crystals etc... hence the 'towers'. Cute!

Fuego
#10 Posted : 5/21/2009 2:08:33 AM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
smoke one

nibpack
#11 Posted : 5/21/2009 2:30:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is just too trippy man!
"My shoes are so far away from me, man I can't believe it!"

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 5/21/2009 3:39:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah tell me about it...SWIM was awfully surprised by these towers
it's a sound

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 5/21/2009 8:49:51 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

wow

looks like a little coral reef - or coral fungus.
very kewl - is it not possibly some kind of contaminant ?
swims seen simmilar xtals - but growing downwards on the inside of a test tube when a fasa/fumarate mix from a cleanup was forgotten about and the acetone evapped - not quite as nice tho Smile

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 5/21/2009 3:47:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there shouldnt be any sort of contamination..he doesnt get it!
it's a sound

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 5/22/2009 2:49:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM has seen sodium carbonate crystallize somewhat like that, but more glassy. SWIM would guess at a combination of things crystallizing, to include sodium fumarate (that's the resulting salt, correct?).

WSaged
#16 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:56:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does the dehydrator you used have a small fan that blows up from the bottom?

I would guess that the air flowing upwards around the dish would cause a flowing over the top of the liquid & then upwards. I'll bet as the liquid evaped, it was pulled up by the air just enough to start stacking crystals on to of each other & going higher & higher, as more liquid was then pulled up the growing colum as it evaporated off the top of it.

Thats basically how stalagtites & stalagmites slowly grow over time, except they are usually dripped from the top down, not upwards.

Very cool!!
How big are they, hard to gauge from the picture.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorkest
#17 Posted : 5/22/2009 5:06:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

they were a little more than 1/4 of an inch tall..they got very very fine at the tips..they looked like trees
it's a sound

soulman
#18 Posted : 5/22/2009 11:31:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember reading a post by you saying that SWIY doesnt have running water and SWIY used saliva to clean equipment. It could be something in the saliva. Enzymes or somethin. Its pretty weird though
You have to go within or you go without

Jorkest
#19 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:49:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hahaha...recently SWIM got a well pump put it and now has a hose that he can wash dishes in now..

he also uses clean solvents to make sure everything is perfectly clean before..

and the POINT of that post was that even if you dont have all that much..if your equipment is rather lacking..
you can still get creative and figure out ways to do an extraction
it's a sound