We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Pre-Flight Anxiety Options

dimensional ONE
#1 Posted : 8/24/2014 10:04:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This has been a subject that is just flat out aggravating to me. I have smoked a lot of spice in my year into this weird and strange psychedelic, and no matter how many times i have that awe inspiring " OMG, that was the coolest thing i have ever seen", sensation at the end of a journey, when dosing for the next inter-dimensional ride, whether 5 minutes later or 5 days later, i still get the most EXTREME sense of anxiety. It is by far worse than any other anxiety obtained from any other kind of event in life. It is like im sitting there with the bowl on my lips and im thinkin, " Am i ready for this", lol, and sometimes i even set the bowl down and wait until my heart stops pounding and then hurry up and hit it a couple of times before it has the chance to speed up again. Im wondering if this is as common as i think it is, or is it not a common thing. What can be done to reduce it, maybe a benzo before, i dont particularly like them at all, but if i can go a whole nights session with not jitters, i think it would be worth it. Maybe not, maybe thats what makes it so fun. Because when it all boils down to it, you always feel like a million bucks afterwards, and so happy to be alive. I love it. Maybe thats the key. Experience the storm before the calm type deal. The first minute or two is generally hectic as ego-death occurs and after that, nothing but love and beauty. I would love to hear any theories or comments regarding this. Thanks.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

darklordsson
#2 Posted : 8/24/2014 10:37:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"You cant jus think about it, u gotta do it, the universe loves you!"

Namaste

---dls---

dimensional ONE
#3 Posted : 8/24/2014 10:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i agree bro. thats usually what happens. I just dive right in. Leave the worry aside and take off. Still its just the anxiety thats uncomfortable but it subsides. I also have noticed that i have to be by myself in order to breakthrough . Otherwise i am still consistently worrying about the people that are around me and how i look to them n so on. I have yet to break this irrelevance, and it still continues to get to me. However, i think that the lonesome journeys always end up doing better for my experience. Any who, thanks for the reply bro. I appreciate it. Input is always welcomed.

Entheogenerator
#4 Posted : 8/25/2014 4:02:37 AM

Homo discens

I'm not sure that this topic really needs any more new threads dedicated to it... It has been and continues to be discussed pretty thoroughly. Here's a short thread I started a while back, which is only one of many examples: Trance Anxiety
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

universecannon
#5 Posted : 8/25/2014 4:15:54 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

It would help to make yoga and meditation a frequent practice if you haven't yet. Before smoking DMT, I take some harmalas (very calming for me and adds depth and coherency to the experience) and stretch a bit and meditate. Then I just smoke a some low doses of changa and get a feel for it, usually with nice music. Vocalizing helps a ton to, as does generally wriggling around to the music and loosening up. But before doing the bigger dose it really helps to do some kind of breath work to calm down your heart rate.

The slower your breathing, the slower your heartrate, the calmer your mind, the more coherent and fearless your experience will likely be. Easier said than done, but with practice it becomes easier. I've also noticed that I have much less fear after the initial experience, so going back in usually is much smoother although it seems like you said that isn't the case for you

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

dimensional ONE
#6 Posted : 8/25/2014 5:23:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It feels like it would be smoother ...then I load and it starts back. Its no problem really. Just somewhat of an annoyance, not the slightest hindrance. I just go for it and it goes away. I do focus on breathing to calm my heart and then go in. The best I can anyways.

--Shadow
#7 Posted : 8/25/2014 6:27:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have EXACT same problem.... as a result, I only blastoff a few times a year (basically when my wife is up for it as well, so I feel comfort in her presence)

Have tried mediation, but start sweating with anxiety as soon as I pick up the GVG

It's 'Fear of the unknown' for me!
....Something so powerful you could imaging how bad it would be if things went wrong.

Might try some harmalas under the tongue, or vaping some beforehand
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

dimensional ONE
#8 Posted : 8/25/2014 4:27:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadow i know man. Its like an immediate thing. I love spice too much to do it only a couple of times a year. Its like the mother of all trips. No coming up can come close to what spice does. I think that is what i get anxious about, is probably the rapid thrust in hyperspace at what feels like faster than light. That right there, i think i have narrowed it down to. Always at the end of it when i open my eyes im like, " Thats f'n amazing, im goin again"...pipe to lips..."Maybe ill wait a couple of hours"...then..."Maybe tomorrow night"...haha..man its something what this molecule does to the psyche.

olympus mon
#9 Posted : 8/25/2014 7:43:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

dimensional ONE wrote:

The first minute or two is generally hectic as ego-death occurs and after that, nothing but love and beauty. I would love to hear any theories or comments regarding this. Thanks.

You are clearly not alone on this. Although I never used to have much anxiety if any at all pre launch it only takes one ass kicker to change that for good. Surprised

Something that has helped me as well as provided the most comfortable and worry free experiences is the use of other substances as precursors. I sometimes refer to this as being in the current before launch. It is a much more comfortable transition to enter hyperspace if you are already in the "current" so to speak. There are of coarse precautions and safety concerns to consider when mixing actives in order to be safe.

For me the best precursor I have found to put me in the perfect mindset and "current" before a dmt journey is MDA. MDA increases serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain giving you a loving, empathetic and all around feel good beginning. For me it goes perfectly and only enhances the experience in a positive way. It doesn't seem to increase the strength of the journey like LSD or mushrooms can which isn't always desired. It just gets things going on the right foot.

Its up to the individual of coarse. Some people have issues with certain substances that they consider "un-natural" however I do not. I will not put labels of good or bad on substances.

I won't recommend using changa when taking MDA to others because it is considered a potential health concern to mix MAOI's with MDA and MDMA. I will say in the dozens of times I have used these together I have never had any negative reactions personally. I think there is more than just luck here as to why and I want people to know I researched this before I ever mixed the two. I found that the type of maoi used in changa plus the short duration of inhibition there is nothing to be concerned about but again this is just my personal 2 cents. I would never mix MDA/MDMA with Ayahuasca or other oral dmt methods. Although these other methods of consuming dmt still use the same type of reversible MAOI the long duration of effects to me is something to be concerned with. Please don't mix MDA/MDMA with oral MAOI's and if you choose to mix changa and these together do some reading and make an educated decision for yourself.

Happy travels and Mush Love to you all!
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Al-Wasi
#10 Posted : 8/25/2014 8:26:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This!! I had my first breakthrough when I vaped crystal DMT at the end of a MDA experience. I personally feel mda and MDMA are both ways to take the edge off any psychedelic. Although sometimes I want to experience that edge and maybe darker crazier side of journeys.

I have no idea about mixing those with changa as l I've heard is not to do so. But at the same time I think mda and MDMA should be used very sparingly.

Personally my next journey will be from a total sober standooint.

If u were about to jump out of a plane you'd be nervous. While I've never jumped out of a plane I imagine smoking DMT is more intense then it. Your thruster into a experience that could go a multitude of ways. And while we know it's totally safe the fear I have is of having a terrifying trip which seems to never end.

I think fear and anxiety is just part of the experience and it needs to be embraced. Others have had experiences in which they say realizations were made in which they realize fear is pointless after lots of work with the molecule.

Stay safe. Embrace the fear and just allow yourself to plunge deep into the experience. You will be rewarded for it.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Shadowlord
#11 Posted : 8/25/2014 8:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This has been the major stumbling block to me getting the teaching and wisdom that I feel this molecule has to offer. Have never had any problems with LSD or Mescaline etc but have the hardest time getting myself to dive in with spice. Every time I dive in I am ecstatic and can't wait to do it again. The next day? Too intimidated and it seems like I have to force myself each time only to come out wondering what all the worry was about. It's been a little while now and I'm going to have to work on getting back on the horse.
Good to know I'm not alone!

dimensional ONE
#12 Posted : 8/25/2014 8:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are definitely not alone. I have never gotten over it. I was in the military and jumped out of a plane. Was only nervous the first time. However I can not seem to sway this. I know fear is pointless and when you lose it, nothing can hold you back from enlightenment. I somehow feel like this molecule is teaching me everytime I delve into it how to let go of fear, everytime. No matter what at the end I feel great, perhaps reborn. Maybe one day I will completely eliminate fear from my existence, but until then...I have so much more to learn from spice...so much. U know...like almost a universal teaching. I have been smacked around by this molecule on a couple of occasions whilst at a party with too many people eyeballing me..I have gainex a lot of respect for spice n it has taught me so much already.

olympus mon
#13 Posted : 8/25/2014 9:18:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Interesting analogy using skydiving compared to dmt. As a former competitive skydiver and instructor I have close to 3000 skydives and 350 base jumps in my time in the sports as does other Nexians such as Idtrvlr and Icehouse and we have had many conversations around the fire discussing the similarities between the two.

One thing I will point out is the similarity between the stress levels of both activities. How you feel as you climb out the air craft on your 100th skydive is very different from the decreased fear and anxiety levels on your 1000th. The more you do it the easier it gets. The more hairy the experience the more confidence you gain which brings with it a calmness. In skydiving and base jumping we refer to being active and making many jumps in a short time span as being current. The more current you are the easier it is as well as an increased clarity and proper decision making when things get hairy. The less current you are the fear creeps back in and if you had a long enough time away can be like going back to square one. Too many skydives and you seem to get less out of each experience. Balance is key.

dimensional ONE
#14 Posted : 8/25/2014 11:31:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like it man. Its kinda how I felt when I would hook up to the line...like putting the pipe to my lips....then taking the step out...like warping through space....the jerking of the shoot...when u breakthrough...then comfortable flight down...like coming back to your body...and of course the landing..it can be rough or if you are skilled, it shall be easy and rewarding..thats my comparison of my anxiety levels during different steps...makes sense if u jump.

olympus mon
#15 Posted : 8/26/2014 1:04:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would also add to those that have denounced using MDA with classic psychedelics that it seems illogical to attempt to use a psychedelic substance to achieve greater understanding yet limit the process to one substance if two or more could assist you in achieving that goal better.
But to each their own as along as no judgemnhts are made upon others that may feel the need to explore differently. Not that that has happened in this thread but certainly pops its head up here more often than I wish to see it.
We all have the right to explore our minds with whatever tools we feel are necessary and comfortable.

dimensional ONE
#16 Posted : 8/26/2014 1:21:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exactly. Everyones waybis different. I have become used to just doing it as described, n learned to love the thrill of it all..like a roller coaster...nervous at the top, relaxed at the.end.

Intezam
#17 Posted : 8/26/2014 6:33:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

..perhaps a little bit of anxiety is required here /for respect (?), for intezam, each time we hauled into the abyss (drinking brew) boldly and fearlessly (i.e. without good reason), it resulted in our ass being kicked wild knuckle style?

edit: not each time, but some times

dimensional ONE
#18 Posted : 8/26/2014 1:25:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree man..so much respect for.anything dmt related. I havent came across a more extreme psychedelic yet. I do my get butt kicked every once in a while, usually resulting n a week of no dosing lol.

DeltaSpice
#19 Posted : 8/26/2014 6:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think if there was no anxiety every Tom Dick and Harry would be breaking through .
The reason we get so anxious is because breaking through is truly profound.
It was only after breaking through that I really understood the word "Profound".
Life changing events will accelerate your heart.

expandaneum
#20 Posted : 8/26/2014 6:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

your suggestion of benzo's does work, I normally take 5 to 10 mg of Valium if I had a rough patch (some difficult trips in a row), it does not seem to interfere with my ability to break through nor is the trip lacking in dept or entity contact. But in general its my opinion its better to go in clear minded, meditate or exercise just before. Its just a trip to other reality.

take care
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

12NEXT