We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Potentially hilarious "one small step for jars" type mistake during innoculation Options

HumbleTraveler
#1 Posted : 8/22/2014 1:35:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I may have taken one jar to the LIMITS OF SCIENCE during innoculation Big grin Im sure Im not the first, but Im curious to see what every one thinks will happen.

Long story short, Im SUPER SUPER attent to detail, but a friend was hanging with me while I was innoculating my jars and we were just talking about non related topics. Ive never done this before, it was my first time, and my first jar, and I goofed.

I essentially innoculated 1 jar with close to 4ml worth of spores hahah. Slightly excessive compared to the 1ml per jar that was supposed to be done. It was supposed to be .25ml at 4 points in the jar, I used 1ml per 4 points, aka 4x the amount. I knew something was up when my syringe was almost half gone and I knew I was supposed to get 10 jars from my syringe. I just said....Oh poop Neutral

I read the instructions 30 times. How did I make this mistake, I really have no idea. Newb mistake that wont be made again.

So what could happen having such a tremendous amount in one jar?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

kaaos
#2 Posted : 8/22/2014 8:33:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

worst case scenario that extra moisture in your jars can lead to contams.
but honestly i think you might be ok Thumbs up i've had that same problem and the one thing i ended up losing was spore solution. good luck!
"..undisturbed by order, chaos creates balance. it is not the artifical balance of scales and weights, but the lively, ever-changing balance of a wild and beautiful dance. it is wonderful; it is magickal. it is beyond any definition, and every attempt to describe it can only be a metaphor that never comes near to its true beauty or erotic energy."

"the angel is free because of his knowledge, the beast because of his ignorance. between the two remains the son of man to struggle."

Adjhart
#3 Posted : 8/22/2014 1:05:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Should be no problem at all.

The only effect you'll likely see is faster colonization.

If you check shroomery, plenty of people do this on accident and purposefully.

Yay shrooms Very happy

darklordsson
#4 Posted : 8/23/2014 3:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gotta love them shrooms! Rolling eyes you will be alright, u jus lost sum spore fuids that's all.

HumbleTraveler
#5 Posted : 8/23/2014 4:49:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well thats good to hear at least. Im curious though kinda, after the fluid was exhausted in the syringe, it seemed like a lot of spore material got left behind where the needle plugs into the syringe body.

Can those spores be saved; can I add water to the syringe? Is it common for some spores to be left in the syringe?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

kaaos
#6 Posted : 8/23/2014 5:19:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there are millions of spores in a single spore solution so yeah, it is normal for some to get left behind Big grin
try to suck some pre-boiled water into the syringe and use it later.
"..undisturbed by order, chaos creates balance. it is not the artifical balance of scales and weights, but the lively, ever-changing balance of a wild and beautiful dance. it is wonderful; it is magickal. it is beyond any definition, and every attempt to describe it can only be a metaphor that never comes near to its true beauty or erotic energy."

"the angel is free because of his knowledge, the beast because of his ignorance. between the two remains the son of man to struggle."