We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
[NEW FUNCTIONALITY] Promoting new members! Options

*oneironaut*
#21 Posted : 11/21/2012 6:43:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First post as a member as of yesterday.Very happy yay! Honored to join the ranks!

This is a great idea, and as a new member I was always curious how close I was or if I would ever become a member (now I know of course) but I was wondering if it might be cool to know as a new member how many times you've been voted for, a member barometer so to speak??

Anyway, great idea... I hope it will make members feel more vested in who they bring on board and not the contrary.
Thumbs up
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SpireCatalyst
#22 Posted : 11/21/2012 10:09:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great idea IMO
"..I find myself stirred awake by the ambient noises of the world outside and a realization that my train of thought may not be running on time…but I've nowhere to be...except here."

ZenSpice
#23 Posted : 9/5/2013 11:17:21 AM

Mostly Ignored

Would it be possible, if there was a way, so that if enough senior members/mods happened to vote NO on the same person, it would trigger a ban.

Am sure there are a core of senior people on here who can be trusted beyond reproach to use such a thing in the right way and would potentially save such a thing always falling on one person (guessing here as I don't know how the inner mechanisms work).

Sharing the load so to speak. Sorry if this is a bad or unworkable idea. Just throwing it out there.

Parshvik Chintan
#24 Posted : 9/5/2013 12:32:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ZenSpice wrote:
Would it be possible, if there was a way, so that if enough senior members/mods happened to vote NO on the same person, it would trigger a ban.

maybe a temp ban.
imo, leave the permabans to those with b&hammers
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

ZenSpice
#25 Posted : 9/5/2013 12:57:25 PM

Mostly Ignored

Agreed.. I guess those I was thinking of already have said hammers anyways Pleased

I wouldn't want responsibility of contributing to a ban, waaaay too green in the gills for that.

cyb
#26 Posted : 2/26/2014 1:43:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Bump...for newcomers Smile
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Akasha224
#27 Posted : 2/26/2014 10:16:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great idea...first the Nexian a few weeks ago and now this! Makes me feel very fortunate to be in such an open-minded, welcoming, intellectual place. I know none of you, yet I feel that we are all very similar at a fundamental level. This is truly a unique place on the internet!Thumbs up
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

cyb
#28 Posted : 8/16/2014 11:57:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

cyb wrote:

Bump...for newcomers
The Sequel

Earthwalker
#29 Posted : 8/16/2014 1:01:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In lite of recent avents , am I rite in saying that new members do not get voted in on the amount that they post alone ?

DreaMTripper
#30 Posted : 8/16/2014 1:27:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No that encourages spamming the forum, people post anything just to get the numbers up. Its quality not quantity.. glad I already had my foot in the door Very happy

Cosmic Spore
#31 Posted : 8/16/2014 5:44:16 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

It'd be cool to be able to have a comment box if one votes "NO".
I don't always vote & I rarely vote no, but I do when someone come into chat and repeatedly ask bark sourcing questions.

Earthwalker
#32 Posted : 8/17/2014 2:45:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmic Spore wrote:
It'd be cool to be able to have a comment box if one votes "NO".
I don't always vote & I rarely vote no, but I do when someone come into chat and repeatdly ask bark sourcing questions.

I'm sure the mods are all over that type of member before we see it isn't much they miss if anything at all !!Stop

endlessness
#33 Posted : 10/9/2014 12:24:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump Smile

We really need multiple pair of eyes to look out for new members. Us mods do all we can to welcome new members, see if they eventually should be promoted or not, but it does happen that we may miss someone, and that' s why we need everybody's help!

You can help by welcoming new members in their introduction threads, letting them know about our attitude and the basic information links like FAQ, health and safety, etc if they arent aware yet, and specially, in the case of this thread, we need you guys and gals to vote for members you think should be promoted. We are not in a hurry to flood the nexus with more full members but what we really dont want is genuine good people to be left behind unnoticed and give up on the forum before they become full members.

Thank you Smile

V01D
#34 Posted : 10/9/2014 8:39:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually peek on new member's profiles when they are on chat 'hint-hint'. If they have posted very good and well worded info then I usually vote after a short while. I will probably never vote on someone who only has one or two posts, even if they are active in the chat..

cyb
#35 Posted : 1/21/2015 7:25:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump for the New Crop

smokerx
#36 Posted : 1/21/2015 10:05:28 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

What new crop ? I see the dmt-nexus is now closed for new members

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...rum/default.aspx?g=gates
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

downwardsfromzero
#37 Posted : 1/21/2015 1:28:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

smokerx wrote:

[...]
Answer is, ahem, in the link you posted Wink
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=gates wrote:
PULSING

With pulsing we mean that instead of having the gates open at all times, we will now only open the gates for a short time and then close it again. Then with each new ‘pulse’ of new members we will be able to take our time to have them fully integrated into our community in the best way possible.

This means that if you register in a new wave, we can actually help you much better compared to before the pulsing since we have the time and patience again to take care of your needs.

WHEN WILL EACH PULSE TAKE PLACE?

Currently each new pulse will take place for a whole day on each Saturday and Sunday of the week, we have to experiment if this gives us sufficient time for integrating the new members or that we might have to expand this integration time. So please do know that this might change in the future!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

smokerx
#38 Posted : 1/21/2015 4:34:05 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

downwardsfromzero wrote:
smokerx wrote:

[...]
Answer is, ahem, in the link you posted Wink
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=gates wrote:
PULSING

With pulsing we mean that instead of having the gates open at all times, we will now only open the gates for a short time and then close it again. Then with each new ‘pulse’ of new members we will be able to take our time to have them fully integrated into our community in the best way possible.

This means that if you register in a new wave, we can actually help you much better compared to before the pulsing since we have the time and patience again to take care of your needs.

WHEN WILL EACH PULSE TAKE PLACE?

Currently each new pulse will take place for a whole day on each Saturday and Sunday of the week, we have to experiment if this gives us sufficient time for integrating the new members or that we might have to expand this integration time. So please do know that this might change in the future!

It still means its closed now right ? Closed is closed. That means you can not register = no new member right now
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

The Traveler
#39 Posted : 1/21/2015 6:04:08 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

smokerx wrote:
It still means its closed now right ? Closed is closed. That means you can not register = no new member right now

It means that there are a lot of new members posting at this moment that can use some attention for promotion (or not).

New members do not suddenly stop posting during the week. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

downwardsfromzero
#40 Posted : 1/21/2015 9:45:45 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The Traveler wrote:
smokerx wrote:

It means that there are a lot of new members posting at this moment that can use some attention for promotion (or not).[...]

smokerx - I can have real trouble with implicit inference too, sometimesConfused .

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV1234NEXT