We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cannabis preventing Aya Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 8/4/2014 4:05:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I gave to my neighbor 600mg of harmalas and 150mg of DMT, it had no effect at all except of the body load. To me this is extremely heavy dose. We we're building up over tree attempts to give up since it it too close to his trip.

He is a heavy hashish smoker, and just today I was listening to Amber Lyon pod cast and the topic of heavy marijuana smokers who, can't brake through was addressed breafly. Is it true?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tyler_Trismegistus
#2 Posted : 8/4/2014 4:46:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm... I know marijuana can make the smoked DMT experience kind've cloudy.... But I've noticed a lot of nexus members smoke to help curb some nausea and hold the brew down longer. I'm sure if can effect it, but I'm not sure if it would be significant enough to only produce a body load.

mad_banshee
#3 Posted : 8/7/2014 2:29:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would be careful there. Those are strong doses and it could be state of mind, what is already in the stomach, etc as to why your friend didn't get wiped out on that sort of dose. The next time he might get overdosed, so be careful. I did 60mg spice and 150mg harmalas and I was flying, so please take care and approach this with caution.
I think MJ can cloud and dim the experience sometimes, but I have also found it to potentiate the experience sometimes as well.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

DreaMTripper
#4 Posted : 8/10/2014 8:31:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Iirc at large doses harmalas have an affinity for the same receptors as DMT so 600mg could be negating the effects of the DMT. As for the hash , if he's smoking a very large amount of CBD rich hash then its possible it could be interfering with the DMT effects as it has been shown to be an effective antipsychotic. Although a psychosis isn't the same as a DMT trip there is speculation and some evidence that they share a similar biological basis.
http://www.leafscience.c...ace-need-antipsychotics/
However I havent seen any evidence that CBD effects 5HT receptors directly but they both (CBD and amilsulpride) could be indirectly affecting another process but from different angles..a process involved in reaction to stress.

Maybe he just has a higher natural tolerance/different metabolism ? Or it for some reason didn't all absorb?

Global
#5 Posted : 8/10/2014 11:38:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Jox wrote:
I gave to my neighbor 600mg of harmalas and 150mg of DMT, it had no effect at all except of the body load. To me this is extremely heavy dose. We we're building up over tree attempts to give up since it it too close to his trip.

He is a heavy hashish smoker, and just today I was listening to Amber Lyon pod cast and the topic of heavy marijuana smokers who, can't brake through was addressed breafly. Is it true?

There are several points I'd like to address. Firstly 600mg harmalas seems like a bit overboard. I'd shave off at least 200mg. Secondly people's sensitivities to pharma is incredibly variable. Some people only need 50mg DMT and others need upwards of 5x that. You may want to have him try 400mg harmalas and 200mg DMT. You may want to keep the dose consistent (600/150) and try again just to make sure the "miss" wasn't a fluke.

My big recommendation would probably be to take the same dose again, and if he finds that nothing is happening, there should be some DMT set aside to be smoked. If nothing else, with the harmalas in his system, smoking some DMT on a dosage like that should be quite the lift off.

I'm pretty skeptical of Amber Lyon's assessment. I'm an extremely heavy toker, and I have no problem breaking through, and am practically hypersensitive to pharma (I'm one of the ones who only needs 50-80mg DMT). I doubt it's the ganja that's standing in the way. How is he administering the DMT and harmalas? i.e. dissolved in juice, in gel caps, etc...?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Jox
#6 Posted : 8/10/2014 12:17:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for the response,

He left for Thailand so thankfully we did not continue. My husband just yesterday had the same stuff, and he had pretty strong journey.

The reference from Amber Lyons podcast is Hamilton Souther, from Blue Morpho center in Peru,

@ Global, even though you said that you smoke week and dmt and pharma, maybe your receptors are open.... Don't know, bit if I ever administer it to anybody, I will advise them to be off cannabis for some time. Realistically it was very stressful not braking through, but worst, if true what Souther states, that it takes 4 ceremonies for heavy smokers to brake,through, this would have been a terrible overdose.

The article of antipsychotic effects may have to do something....

Still very strange...