We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly) Options

Earthwalker
#1 Posted : 7/29/2014 6:55:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys this is quite a simple Tek but it can cause a few road blocks for the inexperienced kitchen alchemist especially in the clean up stages , now the problem hear is the confusion with plant dust and fats compared to precipitation of DMT that's getting carried over to the mini AB so just keep this in mind , if you have not read & re-read this Tek and youre feeling comfortable and confident by all means go ahead but if you're and are still having reservations about performing this I suggest trying this out ... It's smaller and more layed out version so here's the link

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ybrid_ATB_%27Salt%27_Tek

The only difference is this is for 100g ACRB with a step commonly known as Backsalting, a mini AB or simply a clean up at the end ......

Step 1
Measure out 100g of powdered ACRB , place this in a 2 litre bottle then add 500ml water mix gently and make it a nice consistancy with no lumps of bark , you want it to be able to slosh from one end to the other .............
Then add you're preferred acid ,the easiest to procure is normal white vinegar and mix at least 50-60ml to the bark-water mix
and this will give you the acquired ph .......................
Then allow this to sit in a warm water bath for at least 1-1/2 hours whilste waiting swirl this around gently every 10-15 mins
be careful not to cause an emulsion ( do not cause bubbles or aeration ) !

Step 2 /
measure out 80g salt and dissolve it in 400ml boiling water for ease of dissolving easily no other reason , then add an additional500- 600ml water to the saline mix then add it to the 2ltr bottle of acidic soup !!
Now go straight to step 3!

Step 3 /
Now measure 50-60g g ( lye , caustic soda ) and add it to 300ml water SLOWLY~CAREFULLY and add lye to water not water to lye ! Also do this in a well ventilated area ( then when dissolved add to the acidic saline soup in the 2ltr bottle ) , it will go almost black ! Then place a further amount of water to the 2ltr mix , but be careful to just add enough to top it off but leave enough room for you're naphtha to fit , this should give a finale ph of around 12.8+ ! But now leave the basic 2ltr soup in a warm water bath for at least 2hrs ! Gently Mixing and turning occasionally !

Step 4 /
Before the pulling stage you can leave you're basic soup to cool a little .....
heat up a fair amount of naphtha ( shellite ) in a heat bath and then take approximately 50ml solvent and add to the basic soup mix , now lightly turning end over end or in a circular motion or what ever you feel best suits you , you should do this for a good 45-60 seconds then let it separate fully this can take 3-5 mins , can take longer as the base cools down ( do this a further 3x mixing all up 4x ) now once it's fully separated suck up the naphtha with a pipette , eye dropper or glass syringe , now be very careful not to get any basic soup in with the pulls and collect all pulls in a single glass container now you might notice tiny tiny red specs on the bottom of the pull glass this is microscopic bits of base soup , when handling this glassware be careful not to stir it up !! Don't panic , the most careful ppl will still get this !! Now do this step for at least 5 - 6 times back to back !! Note use fresh naphtha for each pull !
Also you might prefer to leave the last pull separate to all the others so you can evaluate if there's more pulls needed or not .....

CLEAN UP STEPS
Step 1
In a glass bottle with a thin neck approx 1ltr in size , in this bottle place approx 500ml water with you're choice of acid to get a ph 2-3 as before !

Step 2
place into this acidic water you're naphtha pulls that has been pulled from the basic soup !

Important
Now rock or swirl this gently for as long as it takes to fully exchange the saturated naps to the acidic water
( roughly 10-15 mins ) Stop important pls read below ... !
When mixing the dmt enriched nps with the acidic water the fat content and some minuet plant dust ( depending on how finely powdered the bark ) will seperate in between the two layers and if shaken violently or roughly it can break up the brown fatty substance into smaller pieces which will then get caught up and form a fatty emulsion which will be very hard to break and can trap valuable dmt enriched liquid so please mix cautiously ! Thumbs up

Step 3
Now pipette or siphon out all the naphtha along with the brown fatty liquid that sits animated in between the two layers and discard this as it contains the plant fats and oils and no longer contains any alkaloids !!

Now the 500ml acidic water solution contains the dmt !

Step 4
Now get 200ml water add to this 50g of lye and add this to the acidic solution , it will turn white & milky straight away and dmt will crash out of the mix and flout around in the solution so we need to top off the bottle with a futher amount off water but just leave enough room for you're 50ml naphtha to fit !!

Step 5
Now just like with the extraction ....we need to mix and then let the solutions mix and separate upto 4 times with fresh hot naphtha .......now it will be very saturated and will turn white and thick as soon as it hits the cool pipette or syringe ) this is the dmt crashing out at a cooler temp .........now do this at least 4-5 times and this shaking won't cause an emulsion !
You will notice the pulls are crystal clear

You will notice there seems to be a white fatty layer between the water and new solvent , this is normal ! It is a mix of dmt particles and mostly of fat that seems to still make it through the Backsalting stage !
Now with every pull it will get thinner just don't suck any off it up !
Do this until the mix is no longer white or until the mix is not any longer giving any dmt , I usually do about 5x pulls and place all 5 pulls in one precip dish !

Step 6
Now pre evap with a fan or fresh air from a open window blowing air across the dish until half the liquid has evaporated or until naphtha turns milky ( but don't just go off the liquid turning milky as it will turn milky with any cool air blowing over the dish ) so go off the volume

Step 7
Now cover with plastic wrap or with anything that creates a air tight , watertight seal ! Large ziplock bags even if there's no other way and then freeze for 18+ hrs then once you get it out the freezer tip the naphtha of the top then place dish side on then fan dry
(please do this as quick as possible ) , after a couple of hours drying you then can scrape then smoke ! Good luck !

this is the final end product from five 50ml pulls from 100g of ACRB ! Total weight was 1.74g which is a yield of 1.74%

Later pulls can be done and I suggest to do as many pulls as is required until the bark is spent ! But later pulls done singly don't require a defat and this is a good way of seeing if you're bark is still putting out !q

Also I've been not doing any freeze precipes lately to get the most beautiful thick heavy diamond shapes crystals its not very ethical with having to reuse the naps but at least it's not going down the drain so it could be worse ,

Anyway good luck people's , and if there's any questions pls just. Ask !!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Earthwalker
#2 Posted : 7/29/2014 7:03:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've used this exact process with fantastic results with ACRB this again is 100g extraction total yeild was 1.7% ,

I cannot promise high yeilds but if you have total quality root bark , sky's the limit !Thumbs up

Earthwalker
#3 Posted : 7/29/2014 7:14:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For all the newbies wanting to choose a first extraction TEK IMO Cybs salt TEK is the future of ATB TEKs if you want to do a 50g batch follow this link https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...d_ATB_'Salt'_Tek
Or if YOUDE like to do 100g follow the TEK in the OP above !!

I continually get nice white fluff from ACRB this batch on just five pulls yeilds 1.3% from 100g ACRB !!Thumbs up

cyb
#4 Posted : 7/29/2014 8:12:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Looks good EW

The mini A/B makes all the difference with ACRB Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Earthwalker
#5 Posted : 7/29/2014 9:01:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
Looks good EW

The mini A/B makes all the difference with ACRB Thumbs up

It sure does Cyb , and hope you don't mind the using your original TEK for this example !

But IMO I think a lot of noobs and old alike don't realize the simplicity of this extraction to get all the alkaloids out the bark especially without having to do the smelly old acid boils !

And thank you for you're vote of confidence and you're teachings which has played a huge part in my study here at the nexus ! Thumbs up

Adjhart
#6 Posted : 7/29/2014 5:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this EW - you know I've been following along with your extractions and enjoying your input.

A question for you and Cyb - When doing my 100g batch, I kept the exact same measurements of all the ingredients. Most notably, there was 80g of salt to this whereas I stuck with 50g. And of course, there is essentially double the water. My base soup was only 650mL - but not sludgy. I yielded 1.3g spice. What differences do you guys think these changes would/could make?

Thanks, good thread. All my ACRB is gone however and I'm likely going with MHRB next!

Earthwalker
#7 Posted : 7/30/2014 1:58:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Adjhart wrote:
Thanks for this EW - you know I've been following along with your extractions and enjoying your input.

A question for you and Cyb - When doing my 100g batch, I kept the exact same measurements of all the ingredients. Most notably, there was 80g of salt to this whereas I stuck with 50g. And of course, there is essentially double the water. My base soup was only 650mL - but not sludgy. I yielded 1.3g spice. What differences do you guys think these changes would/could make?

Thanks, good thread. All my ACRB is gone however and I'm likely going with MHRB next!

I would think that with you're 650ml would be alittle thick for the naphtha to get into and touch every little part of the thick liquid ,

You must remember it's the naphtha that has to collect the freebase and to do that it's got to touch every little bit of base liquid

it can ,I remember someone saying to a noobi like me once that the naphtha is not a magnet ! Razz

DreaMTripper
#8 Posted : 7/30/2014 4:47:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No its not a magnet but it does attract the non-polar particles towards it. Thats why you will sometimes get a layer of particles between the solvent and aqueous layer. Especially when the substance isnt particularly soluble in the solvent but has been attracted to it.

Nice little pictorial there EW , Im in agreement that long tedious boils arent neccessary in many cases, especialy when a thorough pre-lysing has been done. If I ever extract again I wont be doing any boils just a freeze-thaw in acidic water then leave it soak in that same water for a few days while I think about my intentions of the whole process. Less heat more patience ;-)

TiHKAL
#9 Posted : 7/30/2014 5:08:07 PM

Nullius in verba.

Looks good Earthwalker! Well done my friend!

darklordsson
#10 Posted : 7/30/2014 11:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love the way those little white crystals look. Good job buddy! It looks very appetizing Thumbs up

PS: I knew HCI would be good to use for acidifying, I screwed up once with it and was afraid to go bac but you inspired me to try again! lolWink

Du57mi73
#11 Posted : 7/30/2014 11:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

darklordsson wrote:
Love the way those little white crystals look. Good job buddy! It looks very appetizing Thumbs up

PS: I knew HCI would be good to use for acidifying, I screwed up once with it and was afraid to go bac but you inspired me to try again! lolWink

It's HCl, not HCI. It is Hydrogen and Chloride, instead of Hydrogen, Carbon, and Iodine. Common mistake.

I like the step by step guide. Looks great, simple, and high yielding.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

Earthwalker
#12 Posted : 7/31/2014 1:39:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

darklordsson wrote:

Thank you darklordsson ! Yes IMO I find with HCL if I lower the ph to around 1.8 - 2.4 it breaks down the acidifying bath process by a considerable amount of time whilste upping the yeild by atleast 10-15% , I will however test this theory when I find the time to do a side by side test !

Also thank you Du57mi73 ,IMO out of all TEK's Cybs and CTM TEK is the best example of extracting alkaloids that's newbie friendly , as it's surprisingly as simple as it reads ( i hope ) my grammer isn't the best but I tried ! Thumbs up

darklordsson
#13 Posted : 7/31/2014 1:44:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:
darklordsson wrote:

It's HCl, not HCI. It is Hydrogen and Chloride, instead of Hydrogen, Carbon, and Iodine. Common mistake.

I like the step by step guide. Looks great, simple, and high yielding.

Whoops, lolSmile

Nathanial.Dread
#14 Posted : 8/2/2014 6:10:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you bioassayed (or done any other kind of analysis) on your crystals? Are they pure DMT, or are there other alkaloids in there as well?

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Earthwalker
#15 Posted : 8/2/2014 7:22:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathaniel.Dread no I wouldn't have the no how or have the equipment to do a bioassay or any other chemical analyses except smoking it Big grin and from my Experiance it's pretty dam pure Thumbs up

Du57mi73
#16 Posted : 8/3/2014 3:48:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EW, that's what bioassay means. Smile
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

Earthwalker
#17 Posted : 8/3/2014 7:14:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:
EW, that's what bioassay means. Smile

Well in that case it's smoalks up very well indeed , from the cherry in the cone to 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 blast off haha Big grin Big grin

Du57mi73
#18 Posted : 8/5/2014 4:21:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sir you sure do produce an aweful lot. How much are your normal yields(weight wise, not percent)?

Earthwalker
#19 Posted : 8/5/2014 8:21:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:
Sir you sure do produce an aweful lot. How much are your normal yields(weight wise, not percent)?

This extraction I used the normal 100grams of ACRB and this was the product of 6 x 50ml shellite pulls and after scraping it weighed 1.62 grams

I tried to do a further 3 pulls yesterday on the soup that was sitting overnight and out of them three pulls I only got 230mg !
So my guess is I've depleted the bark mostly in the first six pulls !

The only thing I did that was differant this time around was during the freeze thaw x 3 in which I never really did on many occasions but in the thaw I sat it in a hot bath 50-60c for atleast 2 hours !

The reason I didn't do the freeze thaw before now was every time I did perform the max-ion TEK ( as great extraction as it is ) I found that it only yielded a small percentage more then the hybrid salt TEK , and as I do 100gram extracts I didn't feel it was worth the extra hours from start to finish !!

And before anyone thinks I'm making shit loads of product and maybe I'm doing something shady , the answer is no !!
The reason for my constant extractions is because I really enjoy the procedure to the point I class it as a hobby and as my wife tinkabell says extracting is my gold digging whore ! Big grin

tgun
#20 Posted : 8/9/2014 10:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think Ill try defating your way this time. Ive done mini a/b before but it seems I lost a lot. It seems slightly wasteful on Naphtha but i understand the six pulls from the start assuming you would do six pulls normally to try and get all the goodies. I wonder if there are any goodies in the defat step? Evaporate and use as a changa/pharma type material?

123NEXT»