We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Resin compared to MJ Bud Options

darklordsson
#1 Posted : 7/29/2014 3:50:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought I would bring this up since it seems to be a controversial issue from everybody I talk to, I find it to just be average, all the time, not good not bad, just average. What is stronger? The black resin from the pipe, or real MJ bud? Wut?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anrchy
#2 Posted : 7/29/2014 5:02:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im curious if anyones ever tested a sample.

Personally i have found the effects from resin to be slightly different. Im not sure how i feel about potency between the two.

Its possible that on a per weight concentration ratio resin may be more potent.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Adjhart
#3 Posted : 7/29/2014 6:34:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From over a decade of cannabis use my experience leads me to say....

you need a better definition of 'potency'.

What I mean is that the black resin buildup in the pipes are probably more CBDs, which confirms the heavy body loads. It also makes sense that the CBD is sticking around in the oil while the THC crystals are vaping off during use.

Naturally on a rainy day with nothing else, the resin is fantastic.

But it has it's drawbacks in harsh taste, and impurities like plant matter and tar. And generally, we want the THC for the better headtrips and euphoria. I see no reason to prefer the resin over cannabis bud itself.

I'd just say avoid it if you can.

DreaMTripper
#4 Posted : 7/29/2014 6:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bud , resins full of tar. Hash on the other hand...

Mitakuye Oyasin
#5 Posted : 7/29/2014 7:05:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the correct answer is Honey Oil! Concentrated full spectrum cannabis minus all of the non psychoactive plant material. It has all the benefits of the flowered buds and none of the downside of resin as is more potent than both. Google honey oil, shatter glass, budder, cannabis wax, erl to see what I am talking about if you do not know. Full melt Ice water hash is also really nice and potent.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 7/30/2014 9:19:26 AM

Homo discens

Back in my days of heavy cannabis use, I found myself scrapin' and smokin' the black gold quite frequently... The effects were pretty significant (though this could be due in part to the fact that if I was smoking resin, I probably hadn't smoked any reefer yet that day), but they were always short-lived and often left me with a headache.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

SpartanII
#7 Posted : 7/30/2014 10:25:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to heat up a very small amount of 93% isopropyl alcohol in my resined-up pipe, seal it with my fingers, shake it around, then pour it off into some mullein/spearmint. A couple minutes in a warmed (but off) oven and I would have a dry, sticky smoking mixture that got me higher than regular weed would.

I would also use this method on my vaporizer stem/bowl to extract that golden goodness that builds up.

I don't recommend attempting this as fire/ovens and 93% IPA do not mix.

You could get burned or start a fire. Also, pressure builds up in the pipe as the IPA is heated. Getting sprayed with hot sticky resin is not fun, and it doesn't clean up well.

steppa
#8 Posted : 7/30/2014 2:30:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
Back in my days of heavy cannabis use, I found myself scrapin' and smokin' the black gold quite frequently...

...oh theese days...I know them.

But thinking back to them and smoking resin from the pipe. I must say that this is a disgusting notion for me.

On the other hand...I'm collecting the resin from my BHO vaporizng device. I use this for REALLY potent edibles. But this stuff hasn't been burned. Just vaped.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

darklordsson
#9 Posted : 7/30/2014 4:05:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
I used to heat up a very small amount of 93% isopropyl alcohol in my resined-up pipe, seal it with my fingers, shake it around, then pour it off into some mullein/spearmint. A couple minutes in a warmed (but off) oven and I would have a dry, sticky smoking mixture that got me higher than regular weed would.

I would also use this method on my vaporizer stem/bowl to extract that golden goodness that builds up.

You could get burned or start a fire. Also, pressure builds up in the pipe as the IPA is heated. Getting sprayed with hot sticky resin is not fun, and it doesn't clean up well.

Do you think acetone will work as well?Wut?

Minus the oven of course lol

Parshvik Chintan
#10 Posted : 7/30/2014 8:18:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that black "resin" is just condensed smoke...
should it should about approximately as potent as the smoke going through the pipe.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

SpartanII
#11 Posted : 7/30/2014 9:56:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

darklordsson wrote:
SpartanII wrote:

Do you think acetone will work as well?Wut?

Minus the oven of course lol

I would guess it would be ok as long as it's pure and evaporates clean. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
that black "resin" is just condensed smoke...
should it should about approximately as potent as the smoke going through the pipe.

It can also be made up of small particles of partially combusted cannabis, depending on the type of smoking instrument used.

darklordsson
#12 Posted : 7/30/2014 10:58:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ill give it a try, ill post the results. Leaf is mint im gonna use.

Du57mi73
#13 Posted : 7/30/2014 11:03:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the resin gathered from my pieces are equal in potency to the greenery used to make the resin. But what I like to do is soak it in IPA for a day or two, drain the IPA through it a couple times, filter the IPA, and then evaporate that into a couple grams to increase its potency. Doesn't help the flavor any...

I'd also like to say this was only done with regs. I would never infuse resin into any decent buds. Infused into mullein or mint might be pretty nice though.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

darklordsson
#14 Posted : 7/31/2014 12:20:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, it works. The mint actually helps the taste amazingly, not fully but way more than I expected it. Good subtle buzz off three water pipe hits and helping with my chronic bad ankle I wrecked 2 1/2 years ago. Its pleasant with mild minty aftertaste. Would rather have a nice sticky bud instead though Confused lol But it works.

Thanks again SpartanII for the idea helped me out in my time of need lolThumbs up
---dls---

Du57mi73
#15 Posted : 7/31/2014 12:39:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I once put a drop of menthol ecig juice into one of my bowls. Talk about MINTY.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

darklordsson
#16 Posted : 7/31/2014 1:46:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol, I could imagine. They are pretty potent lol.

GOD
#17 Posted : 9/19/2014 5:53:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Smoke pure and clean the pipe with boiling water . Catch it in a stainless steel bowl and let it cool down . Then pour the water off and you have a resin that has no solvant residue and a lot of the water soluble parts have been washed out and fats and waxes float on the top. That doesnt smoke well . Then take ashes from the pure pipe and mix it together untill you have something the consistancy of hashish . Then you can put little pieces on a gound of ash in the pipe and smoke it .

Its more unhealthy than smokeing pure cannabis because its made up of more concentrated waste products ........ like tars , fats and soot .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

Curb
#18 Posted : 9/20/2014 11:48:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to scrape cone-pieces for resin when i was bored and squish it on the table till its flatt as, and smoke little pieces of it like hats ontop of my herb.

as Adjhart says, more sedating than anything else.
"you know, there are many people in the country today... who, through no fault of their own: are sane. some of them were born sane, some of them became sane later in their lives. it is up to people like you and me (who are out of our tiny little minds) to try and help these people overcome their sanity" -Monty Python

"I have reasoned and i have logicked and mentally discovered with my mindthoughts that this world (the one we live in) is created by people. people are making this happen." - Unpopular Youtuber

Guyomech
#19 Posted : 9/21/2014 12:44:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Anyone here ever get a quick but profound psychedelic flash from resins? This has happened to me twice after finishing a generous bowl of the stuff. First a roller-coaster body rush and then a brief but highly elevated flash of insight, complete with visions... Then the buzz is mostly gone. Definitely a way different experience from smoking regular old herb.

DreaMTripper
#20 Posted : 9/21/2014 9:00:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yup, if I smoke a hefty ammount of strong hash before bed then lie in the dark then I can get some quite cool imagery, especially if Ive taken some Alpha-GPC beforehand.

12NEXT