We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
limonene and plastic? Options

balaganist
#1 Posted : 5/13/2009 1:37:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM would like to know if limonene melts plastic... he did a little test and it seems to be ok, at least a lot safer than acetone. He's just concerned about it soaking up oils or whatever from his plastic measuring jug. Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers!
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

soulfood
#2 Posted : 5/13/2009 2:01:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It melts some plastics.

I'd stick to glass with limonene.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 5/13/2009 2:41:15 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it's fine with HDPE.

it dissolves polystyrene and polyurethane
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#4 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:53:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

D-limonene normally ships in HDPE containers.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dorge
#5 Posted : 5/20/2009 5:59:00 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

ok heres a question... swims seen some sort of plastic bag being used in the absence of a seperatory funnel or gravy strainer... so... is there any types of plastic bags out there that can be used?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/