We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yopo question: final effect Options

explorer7
#1 Posted : 6/19/2014 9:58:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read all the posts on Yopo. Have also read the reports on Erowid.
There a common thread of people remarking on the visual nature of this medicine: visions, etc.
Also a common thread on people feeling an initial heaviness.
I haven't read anything about how people feel afterwards:
Renewed?
Energized?
Whole?

There is a feel of deep renewal, clarity, freshness, limberness (a kind of "reset"Pleased I experience again and again with mushrooms and aya.
Is this also experienced with Yopo?

Grateful if Yopo users would comment
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SKA
#2 Posted : 6/19/2014 10:53:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

explorer7 wrote:
I've read all the posts on Yopo. Have also read the reports on Erowid.
There a common thread of people remarking on the visual nature of this medicine: visions, etc.
Also a common thread on people feeling an initial heaviness.
I haven't read anything about how people feel afterwards:
Renewed?
Energized?
Whole?

There is a feel of deep renewal, clarity, freshness, limberness (a kind of "reset"Pleased I experience again and again with mushrooms and aya.
Is this also experienced with Yopo?

Grateful if Yopo users would comment

I've done Yopo only 3 times, because it is so rough to endure physically.
But yes it was incredibly visionairy. On par with DMT, however having it's own character.
The 3d and final time I snorted Yopo snuff I even broke through to another realm.

Each of the 3 times I saw spirits. Surprisingy many humanoid children figures for some reason. The visions of Yopo, allthough brightly and pastel colored, depict much more earthen scenes. Humans. Men. Women. Children. Braids. Quilts. Even chique pantalons and pointy leather shoes. I specificly remember a 6-ish year old girl in a white folded dress, white stockings/mallot, black laquer shoes, black straight hair and a white rose-chain around her head. Much more familiar, earth-like scenes and beings, in contrast to the super alien freakezoid scenes & beings seen in DMT hyperspace.

The experiences have left me inspired, took away some insecurities and deepened my fascination for psychedelics. I haven't taken any particulair life lesson from it, maybe because the physical discomfort at the start is so great that it consumes much of my attention and leaves little attention left to observe the vision and lessons therein.

The physical misery have deterred me from ever trying Yopo again after that 3d time,
despite it allowing me to see entities and to break through into their realm &
the somehow more benelovent/friendly nature of these visions as compaired to DMT visions.

I would totally snort Yopo snuff again IF ONLY there was some way to significantly reduce the nausea, the dizzyness, the skin-on-fire sensation & the muscle cramps. Hmmm Would small doses of Datura seeds be enough to counter the nausea? Or some other anti-nausea herb or plant? I vaguely remember reading Amazon shamans prepairing Yopo adding the ashes of burnt Digitalis plant parts. Perhaps this helps reduce Yopo's Toxic effects.

I couldn't tell you more about Yopo's psychological/therapeutic benefits as the physical misery it induces makes this medicine impractical IMHO. So unless the toxic effects of (probably the Bufo in) Yopo can be neutralised with other plants or herbs, Yopo is not something I'm looking forward to doing again any time soon.

explorer7
#3 Posted : 6/19/2014 11:02:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ska, thank you your elaborate response, very grateful.
I had read of an initial discomfort other users have with it, but you vividly describe something i won't want to do.
Reminds me of my first time trying Aya in the backwaters of the peruvian city of Pucalpa. This was before all of the reviews on shamans we have on the internet now.
Well that first time was a total disaster mainly because the medicine was so badly prepared.
As you said, there was no room to contemplate anything feeling so messed up.
This is one of the reason I so favor psilocybin mushrooms ... no nausea, no physical discomfort at all, and perfect capacity to attend to the energies and teaching.

"the nausea, the dizzyness, the skin-on-fire sensation & the muscle cramps" sounds painful.
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

SKA
#4 Posted : 6/19/2014 11:49:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it was quite painfull. I forgot to even mention the headache and the feeling you've snorted an anthill of fire ants into your nose.

Looking back I'm surprises I got myself to go through the experience 3 times.
But then again I must admit the visions were so mystifying and welcomming that
that must have motivated me to come back there twice.

A very peculiar realm. If DMT taps into to the oversoul of seemingly all beings(plants, lizzards, humans, fungi, octopi, fish, birds..etc) Yopo seems to tap into a more specifically human oversoul...if that makes any sense. The humanoid entities I encountered on Yopo were always very friendly and joyfull, welcomming and warm...They felt like my REAL family.
So to speak.

My first 2 Yopo experiences were both sub-breakthrough, my 3d was a breakthrough.

On the first Yopo experience I saw hands following my head as if seeking to assist me. Helping hands. And a woman in 17th century quilt/felt clothing with blond braids, seemingly of north-western european descent, reaching out a hand to me. Unfortunately I was too nauseous to pay these visions much mind.

On the second Yopo experience I sat in my room and saw children's legs running around in my peripheral vision. They ran around me, laughin joyfully, but the would not allow me to center them in my field of vision. They always eluded my eyes and stayed at the periphery of my field of vision. A man playing a Piano, though while sitting I only saw the piano stool he sat on, the bottom left of the piano & his left leg in a pantalon and a pointy, leather shoe. Then adult humanoid beings started walking around me, also in my peripheral vision. Whenever they passed by me closely I would hear a very odd sound;
Like what you would hear if you'd drag one of those ribbed PVC tubes/pipes across a rough cement floor or something like that. A strangely hypnotic, dissociative sound.

That said, obviously there is some awe-inspiring magic contained within Yopo.
Don't be deterred by the physical misery to try it at least once.
Just make sure to prepare the Yopo properly, to lie on a matrass,
to have a bucket ready and to create a peacefull, ceremonial mindset,
enviroment & atmosphere. I have a good & simple Yopo recipe for you if you want.

I'm looking for ways of getting the magic out of Yopo while avoiding (most of) the
physical discomfort. Perhaps, like I said before, the addition of other herbs/plants to the Yopo snuff could significantly cancel out the toxic effects. Or maybe (basified)Yopo could
be smoalked/vaporised for that purpose. I wouldn't want to tinker around with Yopo extracts as overdosing on (relatively) pure Bufotenine is not too difficult.

I'll defenitely have to look back into that info on Amazonian shamans mixing Digitalis through Yopo snuff. Now that I think of it that may have been in a free E-book on
Indigenous use of Entheogenic plants on Erowid.org

explorer7
#5 Posted : 6/20/2014 12:08:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ska, your descriptions are amazing, and truly inspire me to try Yopo!
Did you notice any feeling of well-being or renewal or wakefulness (if i may call it that) after the whole ceremony?

In addition to DMT, do you have a preferred or favorite entheogenic medicine

SKA
#6 Posted : 6/20/2014 1:09:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

explorer7 wrote:
Ska, your descriptions are amazing, and truly inspire me to try Yopo!
Did you notice any feeling of well-being or renewal or wakefulness (if i may call it that) after the whole ceremony?

In addition to DMT, do you have a preferred or favorite entheogenic medicine

Yes I felt renewal. Re-enchantment. My experience of life got a boost of vibrant,
exciting, highly inspirational energy. However, at the time I had those Yopo experiences I didn't prepare a ceremony at all. I just put down some matrasses on the ground, have a bucket nearby and snort the Yopo snuff.

I only just developped my own self-styled ritual with my most recent DMT journeys about a month ago. Low lights, Candles, Incense, Meditative music/ambience in te background. Allthough for Yopo, complete silence may be better suited.

After many experiences with Mushrooms, LSD, DMT and a few LSAdventures &
2-C-escapades(2C-B & 2C-C) I have defenitely come to prefer DMT as my most beloved
and promising psychedelic compound. Other than DMT I most appreciate Mushrooms & LSD.
Cannabis has also been a frequent & welcome companion since I was 18.

jamie
#7 Posted : 6/20/2014 2:41:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I dont get any of that renrewed or rest etc feeling after I used anadenanthera snuffs personally. Bufotenine for me seems devoid of mental psychedelic effects that elicit that kind of healing. Its really hallucinogenic stuff, but cannot compared to DMT and psilocybin as a healing agent IME.

I worked with it a lot in the past because I was facinated with the visionary component. You can bring back some stuff from the visions that has personal relevance, but the feeling of being reborn etc that I get with other psychedelics is absent. Also with bufotenine there is not really any ego dissolution..or ego transcendance.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#8 Posted : 6/20/2014 2:48:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I wouldn't want to tinker around with Yopo extracts as overdosing on (relatively) pure Bufotenine is not too difficult."

Yeah I have been there more than once. Its...unpleasant. Being on alien spacecrafts is cool sure, but not when your body is grasping for a breath and your heart feels like it might explode.
Long live the unwoke.

explorer7
#9 Posted : 6/20/2014 11:43:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you SKA and Jamie, really grateful for your input.
This will be a good thread for many wanting to know the effects of Yopo.

"ego dissolution..or ego transcendance" great way of putting it Jamie!

geeg30
#10 Posted : 6/21/2014 8:16:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any time I've tried Yopo (toasted seeds and smoked) it put me to sleep, no intense dreams/visions or anything - I did however wake feeling very refreshed. I have never tried snorting it and don't think I will after reading some of the other reports of nostril pain etc. There are other psychedelics that are far easier to take and just as interesting.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Ryusaki
#11 Posted : 6/21/2014 2:02:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took it once with a shaman in a proper setting together with 20 people.
A gram of this stuff in my nose was painful.
The purge came immidiatly after 3 min for everybody (like a purge wave going round the circle).
To be honest it felt like a circulatory collapse. Stop

I was laying there, freightened to move my body because of the immense nausea.
Visions where basicly a bunch of platonic bodies flying around my view. Also lots of pentagrams and stars and simple lines.

It was exhausting.

Renewed?
Energized?
Whole?

No, but happy to be (still) alive.
No antidepressing effect like Ayahuasca or Shrooms.
I was slightly dissapointed tbh.

explorer7
#12 Posted : 6/21/2014 2:47:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ryusaki wrote:
I took it once with a shaman in a proper setting together with 20 people.
A gram of this stuff in my nose was painful.
The purge came immidiatly after 3 min for everybody (like a purge wave going round the circle).
To be honest it felt like a circulatory collapse. Stop

I was laying there, freightened to move my body because of the immense nausea.
Visions where basicly a bunch of platonic bodies flying around my view. Also lots of pentagrams and stars and simple lines.

It was exhausting.

Renewed?
Energized?
Whole?

No, but happy to be (still) alive.
No antidepressing effect like Ayahuasca or Shrooms.
I was slightly dissapointed tbh.

Thanks Geeg and Ryusaki for your input.

"No, but happy to be (still) alive." i've been there myself, know that feeling well !

SKA
#13 Posted : 6/21/2014 10:55:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:
Any time I've tried Yopo (toasted seeds and smoked) it put me to sleep, no intense dreams/visions or anything - I did however wake feeling very refreshed. I have never tried snorting it and don't think I will after reading some of the other reports of nostril pain etc. There are other psychedelics that are far easier to take and just as interesting.

Hmm interesting, Geeg30.
I've heard of people getting psychoactive effects of smoking toasted Yopo seeds before.
Did you just roast the seed, crush it & smoke it?
And how did you smoke it?In a pipe? What kind of pipe? With a direct flame?
Also: Yopo & Vilca is often confused with eachother.
Did you smoke Anadenanthera Peregrina seeds or Anadenathera Colubrina seeds?

I might give it a try too. I would probably prepare some Yopo snuff out of 3 seeds
& some lime and water and try smoking or vaporising that.

Defenitely worth looking into more

geeg30
#14 Posted : 7/17/2014 8:08:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh this was many moons ago - around 10 years -I can't really remember.
Seeds (both kinds, different times) were toasted, crushed and smoked in a weed pipe.

Might be interesting to try it again.

jamie
#15 Posted : 7/18/2014 2:03:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:

It just sounds like you took a very light threshhold dose. A high dose is visionary for everyone I have seen use it.
Long live the unwoke.

geeg30
#16 Posted : 7/18/2014 2:48:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
geeg30 wrote:

It just sounds like you took a very light threshhold dose. A high dose is visionary for everyone I have seen use it.

I don't know if I took enough but everyone else had a great time Big grin

flickedbic
#17 Posted : 7/21/2014 12:54:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just feel peaceful afterwards. It is very hypnogogic during; surprisingly pleasant despite the heat one may feel (lay down in a dark front of a circulating fan to cool sweat; cover the eyes for visions) and "pressing" effects from vasoconstriction. I always took vasodilators to ease that pressing effect: also my MAOI's are vasodilators Thumbs up https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Vasodilators
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

Nathanial.Dread
#18 Posted : 7/21/2014 1:04:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I f*****g hated Yopo. I smoked it and got incredibly dizzy, nauseous and finally came down feeling sick and dirty. That night, I started tripping balls as I lay in bed trying to sleep and couldn't figure out what was going on. No real insight, just an intense desire to sleep while being overwhelmed by incomprehensible visuals. Felt terrible the next day.

It was like something out of an HP Lovecraft novella or something.

Thumbs down
"There are many paths up the same mountain."