We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I think DMT/psychedelics have officially ruined weed for me... Options

topherfoster
#1 Posted : 7/15/2014 11:51:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not to sound negative. I do love DMT/shrooms. I love the journeys they've taken me. But either DMT, mushrooms, or maybe me mixing them with DXM and weed... And sometimes dream herbs... Has flat out ruined weed for me.

I have 0% interest in it. I have smoked it like once a month, for the past 3+ months. Usually only taking a few hits to please or humor my friends.

For fun sometimes, I would smoke (high grade) stuff till there would be dancing and spinning images everywhere I looked. Took like 2-4 grams of blue dream and blueberry kush... But it was a blast. But when I played with shrooms, then DMT... Weed seemed so weak, the emotions and experiences from it are weak. So weak that I compare it to being sober.

Now my friends have to beg me to try their new stuff. Beg. Seriously.

Can anyone relate? As of lately I'm not taking anything. At all. A month ago I was vaping a lot of dream herbs. The magical effects of those are just now wearing off.

Im like 90% sure DMT is to blame.

Any suggestions what that means?
Over abusing it?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 7/16/2014 12:35:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

2-4 grams?

I don't know why a friend would Beg you to try anything. Maybe they are just insecure about taking a substance and want others to partake so that they feel better about their own reasons for taking it.

Hell, I like my friends who don't smoke. They leave more weed for me! Very happy

If shrooms and dmt are better suited for your taste, feel no shame in abstaining from Weed.

Or, vape some harmalas with your weed. That'll Fix ya right up! Thumbs up

Moderator wrote:
Edited by moderator
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

topherfoster
#3 Posted : 7/16/2014 12:47:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Naw we used to go through different strands and share them if we found something tastey with a good kick.

I only did 2-3grams for fun. But I basically stayed high back then. For like 5 months straight, and I'd switch up strands to keep myself from getting a tolerance. Sativa and indica, back and forth and in between.

The friends weren't just peer pressuring. They just don't know why I fell out of that trend with them. Even my wife wanted to try some weed again, but selfishly I have no need to even search for it.

I guess I'm at that point an alcoholic may be at? Where they won't drink a beer, only liquor or something else instead?

AcaciaConfusedYah
#4 Posted : 7/16/2014 2:06:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Personally, id say that you might have an ok situation. If you don't feel the need to smoke, then you might have just found that you can be happy with out it.

It would be one thing if you were still smoking, chasing that high, and not getting there. That could be frustrating.

But, it seems that your need to chase the high is what may have decreased. That's probably better than frivolously smoking, only to be left in disappointment.

If you do feel the need to go there, do some research on vaping harmala and smoking herb together. I'm a fan of combining the two, and it might help kick things up a notch.

And no, an alcoholic will drink anything they can get their hands on if they are bad off. Ive seen people drink nyquil because it had alcohol....

Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

kerelsk
#5 Posted : 7/16/2014 3:32:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychedelics provide so much joy, meaning, adventure to me... cannabis can seem less enticing in comparison. For me, it gives me a head of fuzzy thoughts, totally unlike the crystal clear insight of Psilocybe. I can have a tendency to overindulge with cannabis too, taking the stoned state for too long, it can lead to foolishness.

I think there's a place for cannabis, it can be just what you need in certain scenarios. Some people realize they don't like it much at all, I guess. How do you want your mind to be anyway?

fractaloctopus
#6 Posted : 7/16/2014 3:32:28 AM

mittens

topherfoster wrote:
The friends weren't just peer pressuring. They just don't know why I fell out of that trend with them.

People can be so ridiculously single-minded when it comes to weed. Years ago I used to be in the rave scene here. So as one would expect there drugs and house parties everywhere. I've smoked weed on a number of occasions. Some very good stuff from the accounts of everyone else involved so I know it wasn't weak. But the thing has always been that for me, weed does next to nothing when smoked. I would have to sit there and smoke a ton by myself to actually get stoned. Refractory should really be my middle name it would seem. But.. What this meant at the countless parties when of course weed would be broken out, I would have to go through this whole hassle of explaining to people why I don't smoke. Of course everyone would turn into psychopharmacological experts and do their best to explain why I was wrong. Yeah, they would try to convince me why I was incorrect about my inability to smoke weed socially and get stoned. So eventually I had to break out the big gun. No... Not some super insane bong that guaranteed me to get stoned. My fool-proof method to get people to stop trying to force weed one me? Two words: spontaneous pneumothorax. An explanation ensued of how a couple years previously my left lung spontaneously collapsed on several occasions. So far it's happened about 8 or 9 times. I lost count. But finally I found something that would make these people shut the hell up about getting me to smoke weed. In fact, most hilariously they would invariably start to apologize to me for even offering in the first place.

So long story long, there's probably nothing you can do to make them see why you just don't want to smoke weed anymore. Except maybe showing them the true power of psychedelics, but even then they may not get it because they may not admit it, but weed is addictive. I don't care what anyone says. It may very well not be 100% physically addictive, but it is at least psychologically addictive and most definitely people fall into a very steady habitual relationship with it. Plus, on the physical side every single person I've known to smoke tons then stop or severely cut down for awhile suffers for it. Maybe not like heroin-level withdrawals, but they still go through withdrawals; both physical and psychological.

DreaMTripper
#7 Posted : 7/16/2014 3:39:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In comparison weed initially seems weak when comparing it with the potent and dramatic effects of dmt etc but it is a useful entheogen in its own right its worth getting to know on a different level.

I second the advice to try it with harmalas it can be deep but for me most of the time it sent me to sleep and I couldnt recall the harmala dream work.

Graham Hancock had a life changing realisation it may help you to read this.

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/HancockG3.php
Quote:
In my case the addiction was not to heroin or cocaine but took the form of a 24-year cannabis habit that I began in 1987 at the age of 37 and that I stopped abruptly at the age of 61 after five traumatic – but ultimately positive and life-changing – Ayahuasca sessions in Brazil in October 2011.

Global
#8 Posted : 7/16/2014 3:59:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

If anything it seems like the entheogens have increased my sensitivity to weed and some of its more interesting effects. If you feel like weed no longer floats your boat, to you I say congratulations. I do not currently find myself in that boat, but if DMT has lead you astray from your vice, then that's all the better for you....oh yeah and screw the peer pressure of your friends (harder said than done).
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

nexalizer
#9 Posted : 7/16/2014 5:30:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can relate .. psychedelics can be so outlandish that weed just became banal.. unless it's taken DURING an experience, then both tend to be intensified ime..

It's not a bad thing I say. Less smoke in your lungs Thumbs up
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

divine_sage
#10 Posted : 7/19/2014 3:48:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
If anything it seems like the entheogens have increased my sensitivity to weed and some of its more interesting effects. If you feel like weed no longer floats your boat, to you I say congratulations. I do not currently find myself in that boat, but if DMT has lead you astray from your vice, then that's all the better for you....oh yeah and screw the peer pressure of your friends (harder said than done).

I feel the same way.. for me, if anything, weed has been ruined as a "social drug". Whenever I smoke with friends, I get dead quiet. I just want to meditate and listen to music, or walk in the woods Smile

But I have found cannabis to be extremely powerful in it's own way. I have never felt it personally to be "banal" due to intense psychedelic experiences, just different. Not a blastoff but a harmonious meeting with the here and now.

DreaMTripper
#11 Posted : 7/19/2014 10:17:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should seek out some blue cheese
that never fails to reaffirm my faith in mj
Its a great fully encompassing stone with no ceiling to it.

ShamanicTraveller
#12 Posted : 7/26/2014 11:20:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes you can love something, only to move on and evolve onto something else. Happened to me too.

Sandgrease
#13 Posted : 8/10/2014 12:42:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After mixing cannabis with various psychedelics over time, my sensitivity to it has gone up. Small amounts of cannabis get me really really high now. I've been trying to get my tolerance up so I can smoke with other people and not get too stoned to communicate.

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 8/10/2014 1:36:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My sensitivity , in some respects, has gone up, but if anything I feel I can use marijuana more as a tool for generating new ideas and perspectives now, and I seemed to notice this after iboga in particular. These days I rarely partake, although until the start of this year I was a regular user of the ol' herb. I would like to echo DreaMTripper's views on blue cheese...I smoked some of this with my sister, and it was a lot like the first few times I ever smoked, was pretty fantastic! To be fair though I think psychedelics are on a whole different level to cannabis in terms of multifaceted potential, but that's just been my experience.

xotix
#15 Posted : 8/10/2014 11:27:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Why don't you try this: (We call it green dragon)

Take some Weed, like 5-10g, doesn't matter. Grind it and put it on a peace of alu foile and put it in the ofen for 5mins at 170-180°. Then take a pan and put some high % alcohol (we use 97%, you can get it in the pharmacy but ask for drink alcohol, trincture alcohol etc.) and cook the weed in some alcohol (with a lid) for about 20min. IMPORTANT: If you don't have an electric cooking stove but fire/gas, then put water into the pan and use a bowl and put the alc and dope into that bowl and the bowl into the water. Maybe don't cook it on the highs flame.

The longer and more you cook the more concentrated it gets. Afterwards you can take lik 1ml or 2 maybe 3 and you won't feel sober anymore Pleased

Akasha224
#16 Posted : 8/10/2014 4:18:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've also had "sober periods" with MJ after indulging in psychedelics. The first DMT experience I ever had literally turned my world upside down, and I was stone cold sober for three straight weeks...this is coming from someone who smoked a bowl every 2-3 hours and chugged coffee all day (yes, DMT even turned me off to caffeine). Eventually I found a taste for it again and still smoke fairly often now, although in different contexts. For example, I usually smoke alone now. It's not really a social thing for me anymore, because "weed buddies" aren't real friends. Yeah, it sucks, but it's the truth. When you can't socially interact with another person without the use of a drug, they're probably not a real friend, or a friend worth pursuing a relationship with. It sounds harsh, but I've been blown off by plenty of people just because I didn't feel like smoking when they wanted to.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

universecannon
#17 Posted : 8/10/2014 7:56:59 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Cannabis was always very psychedelic for me, but if anything my work with psychedelics have only expanded that and made me more sensitive to it

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

darklordsson
#18 Posted : 8/10/2014 8:16:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found I smoke less of weed because my productivity/alertness goes right out that window, during the day im not stoned. At night, different story. Weed never really made any "visuals" for me just kinda brightened up whatever I looked at, I do also admit, makes things funnier lol. But what happened is that I found to respect how much I use at what time. Im aware now that I use it to relax and reward myself at the end of the day, not chase a high to get high any more. Like a glass of wine at night for people who drink and not smoke. Moderation? I think that's what's important for any substance. Besides, smoking all day I found to build up a huge tolerance to the point where I don't get stoned anymore because I was already stoned!Very happy

Just changed my smoking pattern so I can enjoy a few puffs, save money by not smoking all the time (and my pantry lol). And I get ripped off a few bong tokes now. If its not a thing that your interested in anymore why pursue it? But if you are still, and not getting where you wanna go anymore, take a good long break from it then go back.

Peace
---dls---Thumbs up

Al-Wasi
#19 Posted : 8/10/2014 9:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:

This exactly. I'm more sensitive to it now if anything as well. And as far as it being to weak etc compared to entheogens. Its a very mild experience in comparison . it has its uses as do most substances. To me personally, you sound like your bragging about how you've moved on to more intense substances and now have an attitude of superiority . I could be wrong and forgive me if I am as I don't mean to judge anyone just telling you what I deduce from reading your post.

If you no longer like cannabis don't use it its that simple. No need to try and push your view on others or submit to others pushing there's upon you.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?