We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Working with fresh cactus - a pictoral. Options

hostilis
#41 Posted : 3/31/2013 8:39:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great info. Thank you so much!
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

HumbleTraveler
#42 Posted : 7/4/2014 1:15:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps someone could answer this for me here since this is a fresh cacti workshop Very happy

To extract mescaline using say Kash's A/B tek, the recipe calls for dried powdered cacti.

Could one use fresh cacti instead of dried-powdered and simply reduce the final mixture down significantly to rid the excess water? Or is doing an A/B tek with fresh cacti just a huge PITA?

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Kash%2...A/B_Mescaline_Extraction
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

xram
#43 Posted : 7/7/2014 4:00:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Although I've not done it before, you can definitely do an A/B with fresh cactus as well. HeavenlyPursit had a good tek up showing how he did it. You can also do an STB with fresh cactus if you have the time to just let it sit for a few days. In that case, it seems as though you don't even have to despine and de-skin: just chop it up, throw it in a blender, and base the hell out of it.

Entheogenerator
#44 Posted : 7/7/2014 9:04:55 PM

Homo discens

I have only done A/B mescaline extractions with fresh cacti. HeavenlyPursuit's tek worked really well for me, aside from some issues I had using D-limonene.

I have also read about people using fresh diced cactus (1/2"-1/4" cubes) for Kash's tek.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

xram
#45 Posted : 7/8/2014 5:26:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What issues did you have with limonene?

HumbleTraveler
#46 Posted : 7/9/2014 4:50:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I went ahead with Kash's tek (which does say you can use cubed fresh cacti, I somehow skimmed over the part) and had a very low yield from 24" of SP cacti (about 300mg total).

Im a little disappointed, but was reading that a/b is less than favorable for mescaline because its so attracted to water, stb is the best way to go to avoid doing tons of pulls just to get the mescaline out of the water.

next time Im going to likely be trying 69Rons tek
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Entheogenerator
#47 Posted : 7/9/2014 6:54:05 AM

Homo discens

xram wrote:
What issues did you have with limonene?

I ran into some difficulty when salting the mescaline out of D-limonene. I found it difficult to remove all of the HCl solution without pulling any limonene with it. Even when there was no layer on top, the solution still smelled of limonene. It seemed like somehow the layers may not have completely separating. I ended up with a decent amount of mescaline HCL which was heavily contaminated with evaporated limonene residue, which proved to be somewhat difficult to remove. Luckily food grade D-limo is non toxic, but I still did not want to ingest the orange-tinted, citrus-scented mescaline without purifying it first.

I do not use limonene for mescaline extractions anymore. Though I do love the idea of a non-toxic, non-petroleum based solvent that merely smells like oranges; it has been much easier for me to use solvents which evaporate clean without leaving any residue behind (xylene, toluene, et cetera).

HumbleTraveler wrote:
I went ahead with Kash's tek (which does say you can use cubed fresh cacti, I somehow skimmed over the part) and had a very low yield from 24" of SP cacti (about 300mg total).

Im a little disappointed, but was reading that a/b is less than favorable for mescaline because its so attracted to water, stb is the best way to go to avoid doing tons of pulls just to get the mescaline out of the water.

next time Im going to likely be trying 69Rons tek

This could also be caused by low potency of the cactus to begin with. I have never had a particularly low yield from A/B cactus extractions.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

HumbleTraveler
#48 Posted : 7/10/2014 7:32:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes very likely as well. I only did 4 pulls total though, and allegedly 10+ are ideal for a cacti A/B (according to what I read from a post by 69ron)

How many do you normally do?

I have two beautiful Bridgesii which I plan on trying 69Rons d-lim tek. Id really love to root and grow the bridgesii. Decisions decisions.

Smile

Espurrr
#49 Posted : 3/3/2018 8:37:02 PM

hi Big grin
the pictures uploaded in post #1 are all gone, maybe someone could recover / replace those?

Wakinyan
#50 Posted : 3/7/2018 3:28:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another reason third party hosting is so fabulous....
When I graft you graft we graft

downwardsfromzero
#51 Posted : 6/10/2020 8:57:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This thread makes me wonder: would a spiralizer be up to the job of cactus prep?
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
spiralizer.jpg (130kb) downloaded 61 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV123