We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Potentiation of mescaline with coffee Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 3/12/2009 11:05:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM loves coffee, but only normally drinks 1 cup a day. He’s found that drinking a strong cup of coffee greatly potentiates the hallucinogenic effects of mescaline.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Coffee has no MAOI effect that I’m aware of.

I believe it’s the caffeine that is potentiating the mescaline because kola nut also potentiates mescaline and it also contains caffeine.

Does anyone have any idea why coffee would potentiate the hallucinogenic effects of mescaline?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 3/12/2009 11:13:53 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

dunno but cacao nibs/beans do the same thing - very much so - and i think they have been used in conjunction with cactus for a very long time.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

69ron
#3 Posted : 3/12/2009 5:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
I think all the xanthines potentiates psychedelics. Maois, dmt, mescaline...

"69ron" wrote:
He’s found that drinking a strong cup of coffee greatly potentiates the hallucinogenic effects of mescaline.

How much potentiation would you say was? Did you take it at the same time as mescaline?

It doesn’t seem to improve absorption like MAOIs do. So it doesn’t matter when you take it. It can be at the end of a trip, the peak, etc.

The increase in potency is like having a 25-50% boost. A weak 100 mg mescaline dose will feel more like a 125 – 150 mg dose if a strong cup of coffee is mixed with it.

SWIM has not tried boosting the effects of mescaline at large doses of mescaline. I think that might be uncomfortable from too much stimulation.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 3/12/2009 5:30:17 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

you're right, ron...coffee has no MAO inhibition.
the xanthines are non-specific phosphodiesterase inhibitors; they prevent the inactivation of cAMP, resulting in CNS stimulation (increased catecholamine (norepinephrine) signaling)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 3/12/2009 6:51:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's going to try it with red bull cola, as it contains kola nut extract, cacao, and caffeine. It also contains coca...SWIM wonders whether this is the coca that they regularly import into the US or the decocainized coca that coca-cola uses. SWIM would love to try mescaline with some iced coca-tea sometime.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 3/12/2009 6:57:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe its just me but mixing something so.... hmmm.. industrialized like red bull with mescaline doesnt sound too good.

but who knows, maybe its a good experience for you, so Smile

but yes some coca tea with mescaline sounds nice. SWIM never used cocaine but coca tea is something completely different. A friend brought some from Peru once and it had subtle yet distinct and noticeable feeling, like the beginning of a psychedelic trip, or a light psychedelic trip, with light headedness and a certain extra energy. Quite nice..

69ron
#7 Posted : 3/12/2009 9:00:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bet the red bull cola works even better than coffee does. It’s got caffeine and kola nut extract. Kola nut potentiates mescaline too, but in a more euphoric way than coffee. For SWIM, coffee increases the psychedelic effects of mescaline more than kola nut, but both do it. Kola nut has lots of theobromine in addition to caffeine which might be why it makes the mescaline trip more euphoric than coffee does.

AlbertKLloyd
#8 Posted : 4/22/2011 8:52:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

caffeine does have some MAOI properties, not that MAOI effects result in potentiation

Caffeine also affects serotonin and catecholamines
both of which relate strongly to the action of mescaline

caffeine also decreases GABA
which increases nerve transmission

harmala alkaloids also affect seratonin and GABA

autumnsphere
#9 Posted : 7/13/2012 1:45:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha, thanks, I'm gonna bring some coffee with me tonight then. Maybe even mix the nasty vile thing with a Starbucks frappuccino? Hahahaha...

galulyah
#10 Posted : 7/13/2012 7:06:07 PM
galulyah

I wonder if Yerba mate would potentiate? Only one molecule off from caffeine I hear. I guess If I had to guess...Maybe mescaline doesn't move in your system well...so we experience some of the trip as speedy or amphetamine like(speeding up your system to move the mesc through?), does the caffeine speed up your system so that more of the mescaline is felt because the caffeine is opening up certain capillaries or something to that effect?

Nice seeing you all, fun bouncing ideas off everyone.

Happy travels,
D

Eliyahu
#11 Posted : 7/13/2012 8:16:38 PM
סנדלפון

Quote:
SWIM's going to try it with red bull cola, as it contains kola nut extract, cacao, and caffeine. It also contains coca...SWIM wonders whether this is the coca that they regularly import into the US or the decocainized coca that coca-cola uses. SWIM would love to try mescaline with some iced coca-tea sometime.

SWIM may be interested to know that Mysteriousbolivian.com has a DEA license to sell "coca tea" legally in the united states and they offer some great stuff on their website..

Coca tea absolutely beats caffiene hands down as far as I'm concerned although the combo is good...I personally believe caffeine work to inhibit tryptamines such as LSD or mushrooms and does not go well with them IMO.

Coca leaf hot swiss chocolate made with farm fresh milk is like the most incredible thing ever!!!!

and for imformational purposes from my direct experience I will say red bull cola has not enough coca to amount to jack, just the flavor...Coca tea is the way to go..

IMO coffee is "alive" and works very well with mescaline. I recommend Zapatista Indian grown coffe!!! It's incredibly alive...

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

mew
#12 Posted : 7/14/2012 8:12:30 AM

huachumancer

thanks for info about the coca tea license

coffee makes a mild experience moderate and a moderate experience vivid

i typically abstain from coffee/other psychoactives if im dosing entheogenically a day or so in advance
however the morning after entheogenic experiences drinking coffee starts to make you appreciate just how much mescaline is in you, still

HumbleTraveler
#13 Posted : 7/7/2014 9:18:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone have any further info on simple substances to potentiate mescaline?

I did my first extraction and was a little disappointed watching my dish full of fluid evaporate...until it was finally all evaporated and I was pleasantly surprised to see all of the crystals! It was beautiful.

Total I have just about 300mg. The "issue" is a friend and I will be splitting the 300mg, so about 150mg each. This will be my first time with mescaline, so I'd like for something to potentiate it, Im really interested in visuals for sure.

Im considering asking him if he'd like me to be a test pilot for the first run and he could ride along with a hit of lsd, as I do have more cacti on standby now that I know what to expect from the tek. I dont know if I feel brave enough to do all 300mg on my first try haha, so us splitting the dose might be not a bad idea. If anything I may do 200mg out of the 300.

For a first time, would coffee not be a bad idea to potentiate the journey if I was to take only the 150mg dose or should I just give it a whirl by itself for the first time?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Jees
#14 Posted : 7/7/2014 10:50:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoke a firm mapacho Wink

After a hikuri ceremony with balls, day after, we had eaten a bit, and started smoking.
We were in or an unexpected 2nd ceremony.
No proof here, just a testimony of a 1 time but clear event.

Shanghigher
#15 Posted : 7/7/2014 11:03:57 AM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

Humble, 150mg won't get you that far at all, you'd be lucky to get a body high, let alone visuals. Even 300mg is pretty much scraping the barrel - I'd say in relative terms, it's about a 150ug-ish tab of lucy or 1-1.5g of shrooms. I'm not saying you won't enjoy it either way (you most definitely will), but take the whole dose yourself otherwise I suspect you'll be rather underwhelmed by the experience.

What you could do if you are intent on splitting it is to take it with the lucy. I did this before with 330mg (a gram split three ways) of mescaline and 150ug tabs of lucy, and had a cracking time. That said, it was hardly my most introspective trip of all time, nor the most colourful, but boy did the music sound good. Conversely, my best trip of all time came from eating around 70-80g of cactus, and is still the most pivotal experience of my whole life to date.

I think your best bet overall, however, would be to wait until you can add to that 300mg with your next extraction and have at least 500mg each. The thing I learned pretty quickly about mescaline is there is little to no point in dipping your toes with small doses.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

HumbleTraveler
#16 Posted : 7/9/2014 4:11:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

500mg!? That sounds...a little over the top, especially for a first dance with a long ride psychedelic. DMT was my first true experience (I started backwards, I know) but the fact that Mesc is a 12+ hour event, 500mg seems very...submersive lol Confused

Im aware that going all in is really the "right" way to do it, but Im more comfortable dipping my feet in first really before deep sea diving.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

AcaciaConfusedYah
#17 Posted : 7/9/2014 5:56:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't researched this much,

But I vaped FB harmala during my first mescaline journey

I will vape harmalas during my next cacti journey.

It seemed to kick things up a notch or two for an hour or so. Then I'd ride it for about 15-30 mins and vape a little more harmala. I don't know how much mescaline was in the resin that I made, so I cannot compare to a mg dose. Good luck!

Humble traveler, I recommend starting early in the day. 11am or 12pm would probably be my ideal start time. Very happy
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Shanghigher
#18 Posted : 7/9/2014 12:57:27 PM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

HumbleTraveler wrote:
500mg!? That sounds...a little over the top, especially for a first dance with a long ride psychedelic. DMT was my first true experience (I started backwards, I know) but the fact that Mesc is a 12+ hour event, 500mg seems very...submersive lol Confused

Im aware that going all in is really the "right" way to do it, but Im more comfortable dipping my feet in first really before deep sea diving.

Ha, mescaline is nothing. It's the long acid trips you need to watch out for Very happy 500mg is really pleasant, and would highly recommend it. I appreciate the need to dip the toes, though. My tripping history started 10 years ago with a gram of dried mushrooms, and I scaled up slowly. It wasn't until I did that big dose of mescaline that I actually learned what they are about though. It seems you may have already cracked that nut with the DMT, so you should be fine with higher doses of mescaline. 150mg will give you a pleasant buzz. 300mg will give you a light trip. 500mg will show you what mescaline is all about.

Acacia is right on the start time. Midday is a perfect time to start. Get up early, have a bit of a workout, do some meditating, and then start when the sun is shining down. It'll kick in around 2 and be full swing by 3/4. You'll go through the event horizon by 7ish, and then you'll gradually come down for around 10 with a couple of hours of amazing introspective headspace to finish you off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwt2qwPctb4
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

dg
#19 Posted : 7/10/2014 1:21:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

^ careful saying a half gram of mescaline is nothing! some folks have an extremely intense 18-24hr trip on that amount

SnozzleBerry
#20 Posted : 7/10/2014 3:39:42 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Shanghigher wrote:
150mg will give you a pleasant buzz. 300mg will give you a light trip. 500mg will show you what mescaline is all about.

Acacia is right on the start time. Midday is a perfect time to start. Get up early, have a bit of a workout, do some meditating, and then start when the sun is shining down. It'll kick in around 2 and be full swing by 3/4. You'll go through the event horizon by 7ish, and then you'll gradually come down for around 10 with a couple of hours of amazing introspective headspace to finish you off.

Careful there!

Generalizing your experience(s) with a substance to others is really not the best. Variables from metabolism to body weight to a host of other things come into play. Best to talk about how substances affect you...as that's all any of us really know.

Just my $.02 Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

123NEXT