We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PF magic liqueur (crystals of the gods) Options

#1 Posted : 7/4/2014 8:51:53 PM

Psilosopher

Hi Nexus!
I recently stumbled across a document I had long since forgotten about, namely the "magic liqueur tek" as described by the famous Fanaticus.
I originally read the tek a few years ago, but I only just re-read it, and it has piqued my interest.

It is basically a simple alcoholic mushroom tincture that produces a white crystalline sediment:

The end product is usually left in solution for easy storage, and it is said to provide a "cleaner" trip that comes on fast (and is also somewhat shorter in duration I imagine) and is easy to re-dose by taking seperate CC's of solution over a span of time to reliably end up on a 'level' of your own choice.
A neat accolade about this tek is that it can also be performed with mycelium instead of actual mushrooms, which would provide some extra actives from material that would otherwise be thrown away.

The process as described is extremely straightforward (actual tek is at the bottom of the page):

http://www.fanaticus.com/mycoalki.htm

I was wondering if anyone here has tried this method and could share their experiences with this tincture. It would be great to establish just how pure these crystals actually are, and what exactly is in there besides psilocybin/psilocin.

I have given up on chasing a "serious" high purity psilocybin/psilocin extraction, since for me:
- It's generally too much of a hassle compared to gobbling down some little buddies
- the stability issues make it hard to store
- I don't mind the taste of mushrooms whatsoever
- I only have mild nausea with shrooms that dissipates quickly once the effects have firmly taken hold

That aside, this "mini-tek" looks really interesting to give a try sometime with some old shrooms or leftover mycelium. Just thought I'd post it to share with people who might not have seen this, and to spark some conversation about it. I'm sure alcohol extractions on mushrooms are not new by any means, but nonetheless I found this a well written document with some anecdotal reports and tasty crystal pics Smile
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 7/5/2014 2:43:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

the consensus for years has been that this is bunk. I cant speak from experience. This has been discussed heavily over the years.
Long live the unwoke.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 7/5/2014 3:53:56 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

if one were to decant the liquid off and dry the 'crystals', one would actually find that they are not really crystals at all, but fungal structural proteins bound to alkaloids. there's no way to isolate pure psilocybin just by freeze precipitation.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Orion
#4 Posted : 7/5/2014 7:01:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The liquid itself is active but the sediment, according to many reports, is not. The closest practical thing to an extract we have is alcoholic tinctures or a dried resin which comes from an alcoholic extract in the first place.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

pitubo
#5 Posted : 7/5/2014 8:52:00 PM

dysfunctional word machine

I have tasted the sediment from an alcoholic extraction and it tastes sweet, not bitter at all. It is not active.

The liquid is active. It acts much faster than regular mushrooms or even mushroom tea. It is also very stable when kept in a freezer. One time I made the mistake of thinking it would have decayed a lot and took a very large dose of the extract. It was crazy...

jamie
#6 Posted : 7/6/2014 4:14:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

big fan of tincture...

Reduce it enough and you can dose it sublingual for a shorter, faster experience.

ive has acetate tincture also that I insufflated..a couple drops to test it..also active and shorter acting. Just a threshold test so far but quite nice.
Long live the unwoke.

starway6
#7 Posted : 7/9/2014 10:28:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find [grain alcohol Tincher].. a convienent and great way to store DMT for a long long time!Smile
not shure about mushroom alcaloids..

#8 Posted : 7/11/2014 6:30:21 AM

Psilosopher

Thanks for clarifying, interesting that the sediment does not appear to be active.
I'm still going to give it a try with a gram or 10-15 of old shrooms sometime. I'm mostly interested in the faster come-up, it would be great if such a tincture could allow you to redose with small amounts of liquid to gradually bump up the trip to get you right where you wanted to be.
In my experience it's usually somewhat of a waste eating more mushrooms after the initial dose, it might be different with a tincture.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

TreehouseChemist
#9 Posted : 7/19/2014 6:59:09 AM

Lost Soul

This does work pretty well, but finding a way to consume 190 proof alcohol that has a strong earthy mushrooomy taste without gagging can be tricky. Tincture was made with everclear from a known amount of mushies so dosing could be measured easily, and 2-4g worth was added to a small pot of cambells clam chowder and boiled on the stove (with the vent on!) until the majority of the alcohol was gone. Delish, hits fast, no nausea.
Life is effort and I'll stop when I die!
21:26:26 ‹Adept1›It's as close to a fact as you can get
Loose lips cause bad trips.

explorer7
#10 Posted : 7/24/2014 1:40:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TreehouseChemist wrote:
This does work pretty well, but finding a way to consume 190 proof alcohol that has a strong earthy mushrooomy taste without gagging can be tricky. Tincture was made with everclear from a known amount of mushies so dosing could be measured easily, and 2-4g worth was added to a small pot of cambells clam chowder and boiled on the stove (with the vent on!) until the majority of the alcohol was gone. Delish, hits fast, no nausea.

TreehouseChemist, could you simplify the tek for me as I would very much like to make this liqueur?
I read the PF tek but his english is difficult for me

everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Anodyne
#11 Posted : 7/25/2014 1:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Explorer, a simplified version would be this:

1. Dry, then grind or roughly chop mushrooms. The finer you grind/chop them, the faster the alkaloids will extract into the alcohol, but the more hassle it will be to filter afterwards. Take note of the original weight for dosing purposes later.
2. Put into a jar and cover with alcohol* (see note below)
3. Leave in a dark place for about a month. The PF tek boils and strains immediately, but this may destroy some actives, and boiling high-proof spirits is potentially an explosive recipe for beginner chemists. If you're not in a burning rush, the cold-soak method works fine. You can loosen the lid and put the jar in a pot of hot water to hurry things along.
4. Strain/filter. Coffee filter papers should work.
5. (optional) at this point you can reserve the strained mushroom gunk and top up again with more alcohol, repeating steps 2-4. The second extract will be much weaker, but there is no way to guess by how much. The safest way to deal with this uncertainty may be to wait until the 2nd extract is complete and combine it with the first.

Now, the alcohol can either be consumed directly or evaporated. If you evaporate, you will not get nice crystals like the picture - as others have said, these are not anything interesting. The goo you'll end up with is reportedly not very stable either, so if you want to remove the alcohol it's probably best to do it as needed, and store any excess in the freezer.

*Just a note - Everclear seems to be the preferred solvent in teks (perhaps because it's easy to evaporate if you're doing that), but any %alcohol which is strong enough to prevent mould etc should be fine for tinctures. Vodka for instance may even be better than everclear (for dried material at least) as the higher water content should work better for extracting the more-stable psilocybin. Ethanol preferentially extracts psilocin, which is unstable and may not even be present in dried material.

GreenDMT
#12 Posted : 7/23/2017 1:37:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anybody made A/B of psylo? I wonder if someone have done it

blue.magic
#13 Posted : 7/23/2017 3:07:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TreehouseChemist wrote:
This does work pretty well, but finding a way to consume 190 proof alcohol that has a strong earthy mushrooomy taste without gagging can be tricky.

Maybe you can mix the alcohol extract with water and cook off the alcohol.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 7/23/2017 3:23:18 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Chuck it in some herb tea, it's not that difficult.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

GordoTEK
#15 Posted : 2/24/2019 2:20:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The ironic thing here is that the same site (link in OP) with the debunked TEK (does not extract psilocybin/psilocin) has another link to an FBI report where they DO actually describe a method for extracting the psychoactive alkaloids:
http://www.fanaticus.com/forensic.htm
Requires methanol, sodium bicarbonate, and chloroform (sounds like a party, haha).

Quote:
Samples were allowed to soak in methanol overnight. The methanol was decanted into a shell vial which was then condensed to near dryness ( The extracts were cleaned up with an acid solution for GC/MS analysis. A0.2 N solution of sulfuric acid was used to resuspend and acidify the extract. This solution was washed twice with chloroform to remove the neutral organic compounds. The samples were made basic with sodium bicarbonate and the psychoactive drugs were extracted twice with chloroform. The chloroform was evaporated and the sample was reconstituted with methanol for GC/MS analysis.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 2/24/2019 2:35:29 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yup.

It's widely known that psilocybin is very soluble in methanol, psilocin is more soluble in ethanol.
The problem is those pesky phosphatase enzymes.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Loveall
#17 Posted : 2/24/2019 3:51:13 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

benzyme wrote:
yup.

It's widely known that psilocybin is very soluble in methanol, psilocin is more soluble in ethanol.
The problem is those pesky phosphatase enzymes.

What if we used dephosphorilation to our advantage? Something like this:

- Hot water extract (fresh mushroom tea, 15 minutes, some squeezing ). Presumably we have a mix of psilocin and psilocybin along with tons of other hot water soluble stuff. I measure the pH to be about 6.5 at this point.
- Chill the water
- Adjust cold water to pH4 and wash with cation resin. Positive ions and protein-like material that is pronated will be removed (including any psilocin, but psilocybin should remain)
- Heat cycle for 1hour, acid hydrolysis should make psilocinH+ (neutral psilocybin + H2O - > psilocinH+ + H2PO4-)
- Now pull extract with cation resin. This time only psilocin (and anything else that was hydrolyzed to an H+ form, if that is present). Will move to the resin.
- Recover resin, rinse, and elute (e.g 75% ethanol with maybe a touch of ammonia)
- Should give a pretty clean result, but we do lose any initial psilocin.

GordoTEK, that procedure from the FBI would result in a cleaned up psilocin resin that contains other stuff I believe. We have shown several ways to get to a cleaned up resin (including using acetone to crash different compounds from the methanol before drying). If you add a crystalline organic acid before the final dry one obtains a concentrated semi-crystalline result. Excess organic acid maybe can be removed with a dry acetone wash and some surviving oils with a naphtha wash.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚