We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marijuana Alkaloid Content.... Options

PsilocinDreams
#1 Posted : 5/31/2014 9:54:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So as i work in the garden i get the reminicent scent of The Light. It got me to wondering if anyone has done any experiments on the leaves, buds, roots or stalk of the cannabis plant to see what the possible content of DMT is or if the standard AB extraction of the plant pulls other alkaloids as well. I havent seen any disscussion on this topic on the net or in any of my walks of life. Ill check back soon thanx for stopin in on my post!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Sabnock
#2 Posted : 5/31/2014 10:27:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure Cannabis doesn't produce DMT... Although it would be awesome if it did lol.

Du57mi73
#3 Posted : 5/31/2014 10:34:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis does not contain psychoactive alkaloids. Especially not DMT.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

benzyme
#4 Posted : 5/31/2014 10:59:47 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

cannabinoids are not alkaloids, because they contain no amino groups; non-nitrogenous compounds.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Du57mi73
#5 Posted : 6/1/2014 12:26:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would never smoke cannabis if it tasted like DMT.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

benzyme
#6 Posted : 6/1/2014 6:44:07 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I might, it would actually be interesting.
At this point, even good cannabis just seems meh.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

lysurgeon
#7 Posted : 6/20/2014 3:26:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cannabisativine (pharmacologically inactive), hordenine, and piperidine are the only alkaloids I know of being present in cannabis.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#8 Posted : 6/24/2014 7:36:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you might find this topic interesting
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

dropthemillstone
#9 Posted : 6/24/2014 8:01:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually get whiffs of it when I am working in my vegetable garden, but I swear I can smell and taste it just by thinking about it (or certain kinds of thoughts), so I usually dismiss it as that. But sometimes, I'm not too sure. It would seem unlikely to be able to detect that smell in a living plant, but I don't know. Is the scent apparent in the mimosa root bark?
{{{{{{{{{{{{Remember what you are}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Fear is a millstone.

Imp
#10 Posted : 7/3/2014 5:18:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dropthemillstone wrote:
I actually get whiffs of it when I am working in my vegetable garden, but I swear I can smell and taste it just by thinking about it (or certain kinds of thoughts), so I usually dismiss it as that.

I used to smell dmt distinctively when it wasn't around at the time
Come into the garden maud,
For the black bat night hath flown
and the woodbine spices are wafted abroad
and the musk of the rose is blown

Du57mi73
#11 Posted : 7/5/2014 4:30:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indole compounds are produced by a variety of things and produce the same plastic-like smells.

PsilocinDreams
#12 Posted : 7/7/2014 6:52:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for your feedback!! Havent done anything with it further and i probablly wont as im sure there would be info somewhere about it. Live, Laugh and Love!