We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
What's your cannabis habit like? Options

universecannon
#21 Posted : 7/3/2014 1:23:53 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Weed is like another psychedelic to me for the most part, and one that is particularly useful if I'm injured or sick. In high school, largely due to my interest in the bizarre things that would happen on it and the habits of my immediate group of friends, my relationship with it was very intense and daily. But it was and always has been the opposite of addicting for me.

Now I use it sometimes once a week, sometimes much more, sometimes a bit less. It all depends really. I try and save it for when I don't have much work to do, but it can be very helpful for certain things. I've noticed that smoking small amounts over the period of an hour or two almost always bypasses the typical anxiety I can get with it.

It can actually enhance my dreaming quite a bit. But I have noticed that after heavy use recall can become more difficult. So stopping abruptly after that can enhance recall. I wouldn't say quitting has enhanced the dreams themselves though. I think normally we always forget like 90% of our dreams anyways. Even when I was waking up and writing 2-3 pages of dreams every morning, I could still tell I was forgetting the vast majority of them.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

V01D
#22 Posted : 7/3/2014 2:11:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tyler_Trismegistus wrote:

I can serve as evidence of caapi tea microdosing being extremely effective. I made a brew with 100g of vine and didn't reduce it. I drank a cup every night before bed for two weeks. Within two days I noticed my fear of people and communication had busted away. I've been off it for a week now and I feel like I'm a completely different person than I was before I united with that healing spirit. Please keep me updated with your results! I'd love to hear more from people who have used caapi tea as an anti-depressant.

Awesome, I am going to make a thread about it in the harmalas forum once I start. I am going to dose in the morning and see how that goes. If it turns out I can't handle it during the day I'll switch to nights, but I've micro-dosed LSD during the day for a week and had nothing but good experiences. I've also worked on L, and it was a great time (albeit confusing haha).

DISCLAIMER: I do not recommend going to work on any psychadelic.

Cognitive Heart
#23 Posted : 7/3/2014 2:24:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On and off, really. Whenever I feel the calling to utilize cannabis I do so right away. I always learn something different about myself, others and the world at large(sometimes universal) when using cannabis. However, if I continue to smoke daily I get quite paranoid, which isn't really pleasant so to speak, but healing in a way. I tend to back off when this begins. I truly feel taking breaks with cannabis are essential to learning how it really works(to rebuild tolerance mostly). The plant likes to bring up a lot of inner, philosophical, emotional creativity when I use it correctly in the right dose. Its been about 4 years now since I've been using it, definitely changed my perception of reality and continues to do so. Really enjoy mixing cannabis with other psychedelics.

Interestingly enough, a recent cannabis experience had a different edge to it than normal. I ended up making a fat spliff one night and smoked it fairly fast, then listened to some music before going to sleep(I do this often with cannabis as it helps me understand myself better). I had incredible senses of energy I had not felt before with cannabis. Some entity-like patterns, too. I think my past experiences with salvia have opened something more to other psychedelics, particularly cannabis.

-Can any1 relate to effects of another plant manifesting in a completely different plant?

Perhaps some level of universal insight and circuitry, a kind of source..

--

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#24 Posted : 7/3/2014 2:48:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Global wrote:
AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
I have lucid dreaming on a daily(with exceptions) basis. I smoke daily. I dont eat meat or drink tap water - flouride and antibiotics seem more hindering, to me, then any plant matter I've ever consumed.

I might just be lucky, and those diet restrictions could be coincidence

I smoke several times a day, eat meat, drink the tap every now and then...and I will still have vivid dreams nightly, often becoming lucid. I've always been a strong dreamer and it seems that weed has never really stepped in the way of that.

Smile I think there are a lot of factors - more than diet and alkaloid consumption - that play a role in dreaming.

I'm planning on startng a thread about reincarnation during lucid dreaming - unless the topic had already been discussed. I haven't searched the forum about this yet
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Bancopuma
#25 Posted : 7/3/2014 9:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Cognitive Heart, I can definitely relate to this. I was on the re-entry state of a mushroom trip, in bed, in the dark on my own and smoked a little cannabis...I was very rapidly propelled into a very vivid experience of Salvia space! I just knew it was Salvia space as nothing else feels remotely close to it. Was very vivid and lasted a little longer than Salvia too...was kinda unnerving as was so sudden and unexpected! So I've had what you've experienced but the other way around.

Until early this year, I was a regular daily smoker, or at least most days. I used to really enjoy the relaxation, and before sleep in bed in the dark, I found it great for contemplation and thinking about things in a more expanded way, or at least from a different angle than when sober. I would write these thoughts down when I could and a good number would translate to useful insights about matters in the cold sober light of day. Nowadays smoking is MUCH rarer. I happened to share a joint with a friend last night but these days this is a pretty rare event. I'm trying to pursue lucid dream work and OBE's and I find that cannabis really dampens one's powers of dream recall, and want to explore these other areas for now, and also cannabis is very expensive where I'm moved too and not really worth the price asked of it IMO.

Cognitive Heart
#26 Posted : 7/3/2014 3:20:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting experience, thanks for sharing. Cannabis definitely dampens dream recall for some. Others, not. I feel once you completely break off from it, your dreams become greatly heightened. Terence Mckenna talked about this during one of his lectures, in that cannabis can supress dream ability but yet is able to propel dream states once one has moved away from the plant itself. I can definitely relate to this. Dreams are much more clearer, detailed and colorful.

I feel you'll find the departure worth your time within dream-work.

--

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

universecannon
#27 Posted : 7/3/2014 3:40:25 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I too have had experiences with cannabis once in a while that were very salvia-esque in some ways. Funny how that works!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

endlessness
#28 Posted : 7/3/2014 5:33:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been using cannabis/hash for the last 16 years.. Had many phases, but for a lot of that time it´s been daily use, alternating with self-imposed breaks. Right now it´s been 2 weeks since I had any.

I love cannabis, I really appreciate the good quality stuff, and am really into hashish (morrocan or charas). I´m not so much a fan of high thc/low cbd cannabis strains that are so common these days. For the last 8 years or so I´ve been vaporizing only, or taking it orally.

Cannabis has been a huge part of my life in many ways, I´m very thankful for this plant, but I also notice that daily use has negative effects on me, it drains my energy, takes away some of my motivation for things, maybe also because I somehow associated smoking weed with relaxing and just listening to or playing music, walking around in nature, etc. So if I am stoned and need to do something work related, or clean the house, it costs me twice the energy. All these years I´ve been learning by hit and miss how to deal with this substance, and for me, the best is to start using it only late afternoon, and to take long breaks like im taking now.

Tyler_Trismegistus
#29 Posted : 7/3/2014 6:21:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been taking oral cannabis a lot more often recently. Last night I made a firecracker with like.... 700mg of cannabis. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I fell asleep. When I woke up for work, I was still high for another four hours!

Guyomech
#30 Posted : 7/3/2014 7:18:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

The oral thing hasn't been working for me... Way too heavy, almost narcotic. I want cannabis to enhance my daily life experience, not overpower it. And since so many of my daily activities (drawing, painting, writing, blogging, etc) require thinking, having that kind of heavy blanket on the brain feels claustrophobic. But perhaps I've just never font the oral "sweet spot"... Smoking or vaping, it's a lot easier to find it.

Aegle
#31 Posted : 7/3/2014 8:08:31 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Tyler_Trismegistus

I used to smoke cannabis fairly regularly in high school and my twenty's while relaxing in the sunshine lying on the beach, while in the water I would feel intrinsically connected with the waves and the ocean surrounding me. I would also smoke while embarking on creating anything creative as cannabis has a beautiful synergy with creativity and writing.

Now I rarely on the odd occasion smoke hash or I have some bhang, cannabis can be amazing at times although my focus is with other entheogens and oneirogens during this present moment in time. I think we all go through phases within life, right now my focus is to be incredibly clear minded and motivated as I am practicing meditation and mindfulness pretty intently.

Much Peace and Compassion
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Metanoia
#32 Posted : 7/4/2014 6:53:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried to stop my cannabis habit for long periods of time. I think three years was the longest. I'm currently back in the daily habit. It's not a good thing for me, and I know it, but I have little will power. There's no other word for it than addiction. It's not too bad to come off of, I remain relatively functional even if I smoke all day, but at this point in my life I really want to either change my relationship with this plant into something 'healthier' or stop completely until I'm old and retired and I can grow my own Smile

It's helped me immensely, but it has also held me back. I don't blame the plant itself, I obviously abused it horribly and now am finding it difficult to have a good relationship with it.

I just love it so much. Especially sativas. Firecrackers or other edibles made with a good sativa can become incredibly psychedelic. That's what I really enjoy these days. I'll still smoke heavy kush indicas, but I tend to enjoy the psychedelic headspace rather than the fuzzy blanket narcotic feeling.

DMT and mushrooms have given me the message loud and clear on many occasions...that I need to either stop completely or somehow get a hold on my usage. I have yet to listen to them, however.

cubeananda
#33 Posted : 7/4/2014 7:02:42 AM

jai

I don't often smoke cannabis, I used to.

When i do smoke I'll vaporize up to 10 milligrams... works out much better for my overall energy.

For the day time i'de rather stay under 5 mg, and in the evening maybe i'll indulge a little bit.

edit:

when i do vape a whole bowl of marijuans usually i get totally disrupted.

i found that the whole ritual of weighing helps, packing a whole bowl it tastes so good that i just keep on vaping it.

adam
#34 Posted : 7/4/2014 7:50:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes I will smoke everyday for months on end, other times I will stop for months. Really depends on my mood I suppose.

The main thing I do now differently then I ever did before with cannabis; I use it AFTER I have taken care of the days responsibilities as opposed to before.

As long as I have stuck to that rule, I have never had any issues with cannabis.

Lately I have been getting just as much if not more joy out of growing then actually consuming it.

Entheogenerator
#35 Posted : 7/4/2014 9:12:32 PM

Homo discens

adam wrote:
Lately I have been getting just as much if not more joy out of growing then actually consuming it.

I feel this way about most entheogens. I absolutely love caring for plants, performing extractions, etc. I can't wait until I live in a place where I can grow cannabis safely. Smile
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

PREV12