We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Introducing : The Green Buddha, a GVG alternative Options

ConsciousFeeder
#21 Posted : 7/3/2014 11:55:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm real interested in potentially making one of these but I got a question or two for you. What purpose does the 14mm / 18mm bulb converter play? Mainly I was interested in why you just didn't buy the 18mm J hook skip the bulb converter and just buy the glass piece that holds the ceramic flavor disc. I just was assuming that there was a reason for the bulb converter that I just wasn't seeing or deducing.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entheogenerator
#22 Posted : 7/4/2014 7:51:54 AM

Homo discens

ConsciousFeeder wrote:
I'm real interested in potentially making one of these but I got a question or two for you. What purpose does the 14mm / 18mm bulb converter play? Mainly I was interested in why you just didn't buy the 18mm J hook skip the bulb converter and just buy the glass piece that holds the ceramic flavor disc. I just was assuming that there was a reason for the bulb converter that I just wasn't seeing or deducing.

From my understanding the bulb converter acts as a bowl, where the ceramic flavor disc or metal scrubber mesh sits.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

adam
#23 Posted : 7/23/2014 12:57:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ correct

adam
#24 Posted : 8/15/2014 4:18:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I busted out my vaporizer in the woods to toke, when I realized I forgot the top at home. I did however have an extra copper scrubber in my backpack I chopped it up and used this on top instead of the vapor genie piece.

I actually think it works a bit better, although not as elegant and more clumsy to load and reload.

The reason I bring this up is for those of you short on cash, this might help keep the cost down Smile

darklordsson
#25 Posted : 8/15/2014 4:31:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ConsciousFeeder wrote:

It is the most single awsomest thing in the world (other than the molecule itself) bro!! Made one bout 2 weeks ago and has not disappointed me! I did not need the extra extension as I got the right sized female to male end to fit the ceramic disk. just loaded the neck with screens and pop in my stuff anytime I need hardly any hassle. here's a pic!

adam
#26 Posted : 8/15/2014 4:34:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice! Glad its working for you!

Smile

darklordsson
#27 Posted : 8/15/2014 7:08:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Defiantly genus my friend, thanks againThumbs up

slugware
#28 Posted : 8/15/2014 12:27:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey Adam,

thanks for sharing this workaround. I'm really tempted at ordering the parts, but their terms &conditions state no international shipping (guess that means Europe too).

Anyway, i'm following this thread closely since i need another method for vaping the spirit molecule. Will try to find similar parts that work together at headshops in bigger cities here.

Best regards!

Muskogee Herbman
#29 Posted : 8/18/2014 6:56:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Adam some of the links are no longer working as Green Buddahs changed their site a little bit.

Here is the Green Buddah adapter piece that I have been unable to find since assembling mine

14/18mm Adapter Increaser $9.99
http://www.greenbuddhash...ER-10MM-14MM-18MM-AI.htm

I found some alternative pieces....

14mm to 18mm Adapter $9.99
http://www.pipesdaddy.co...mm-Adapter-p/as-0010.htm

K Clip $1.99
http://www.pipesdaddy.co...hment-Clip-p/as-0008.htm

Here is a J Hook from a different website, this one however is 19mm $13.99
http://www.pipesdaddy.co...-Hook-19mm-p/as-0038.htm

Perhaps you could use this adapter piece with it? I'm not sure
http://www.greenbuddhash...WITH-METAL-SCREEN-CA.htm

These look like ceramic disk filters could these work?
http://www.greenbuddhash...S-FRITTED-SCREEN-FRS.htm

I havent tried this above combo but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

@slugware
To make your own if you cannot have shipped from these US sources are as follows

J-Hook Pipe (14mm joint)
14mm to 18mm Adapater
18mm Glass Top

I prefer ceramic disk filters, I haven't tried anything else so try to look for those
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

slugware
#30 Posted : 8/18/2014 11:45:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
Adam some of the links are no longer working as Green Buddahs changed their site a little bit.

Here is the Green Buddah adapter piece that I have been unable to find since assembling mine

14/18mm Adapter Increaser $9.99
http://www.greenbuddhash...ER-10MM-14MM-18MM-AI.htm

I found some alternative pieces....

14mm to 18mm Adapter $9.99
http://www.pipesdaddy.co...mm-Adapter-p/as-0010.htm

K Clip $1.99
http://www.pipesdaddy.co...hment-Clip-p/as-0008.htm

Here is a J Hook from a different website, this one however is 19mm $13.99
http://www.pipesdaddy.co...-Hook-19mm-p/as-0038.htm

Perhaps you could use this adapter piece with it? I'm not sure
http://www.greenbuddhash...WITH-METAL-SCREEN-CA.htm

These look like ceramic disk filters could these work?
http://www.greenbuddhash...S-FRITTED-SCREEN-FRS.htm

I havent tried this above combo but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

@slugware
To make your own if you cannot have shipped from these US sources are as follows

J-Hook Pipe (14mm joint)
14mm to 18mm Adapater
18mm Glass Top

I prefer ceramic disk filters, I haven't tried anything else so try to look for those

Hey, Muskogee Herbman, thanks for sharing this. Will check it out! Smile

Jees
#31 Posted : 8/18/2014 6:52:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

General correction: there is no alternative to a GVG Laughing
Just joking, hehe Wink

For people in EU (and maybe outside), there is this company offering nice glass elements that may come in handy in this thread, for low prices.

I find this whole glass experiment thingy very interesting, thanks for sharing.

adam
#32 Posted : 8/19/2014 5:54:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Muskogee Herbman for pointing that out.

Also depending on where you live, there are a lot of headshops that carry pieces like the ones I listed.

So you might be able to come up with something similar yet novel, which was really my intent, that is to inspire you all to push the boundaries of vaping excellence.
Cool

Intezam
#33 Posted : 9/2/2014 7:27:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

darklordsson
#34 Posted : 9/3/2014 2:51:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam, from those pieces they all fit properly, as for mine I have the Sherlock 14mm to the bulb increase of 18mm and forgot the third insert and just put in the right sized ceramic disk, love stone, composite heat rock, whatever its called I heard it called a million things lol. I didn't use the collared piece but I can see how it would benefit, personal preference. Working on upgrade of 18mm to 14mm insert for an upgrade. A torch lighter is preferred for the pipe as well.

With the heat and focus of warm air it shouldn't cause a problem with heat concentration. I went with 18mm to 14mm so it narrows the convection a tiny bit, but with proper vaping tech I cant see why it wouldn't work with a 14mm insert, jus means more changa in that thing lol. Just make sure the ceramic disk fits the 14mm insert.

But this design should work! It still is a final 14mm diameter in the end. Best wishes friend

Namaste,
---dls---

Intezam
#35 Posted : 9/24/2014 3:54:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, thx Adam, thx dls, here is ours, together with our new 20/0.001 dig. scale
We have raised the platform for our liquid volcano pad with some choreboy.
Still waiting for the fake-unfake Arc (Zico) lighter - but it will arrive soon........lol

sherlock style J-hook (came with free white K-clip)
18mm X 18mm bulb adapter
top piece (18mm X 14mm reducer)

...all in all we spent much less than $ 60,00 so we could
get a bargain digital scale and a zico lighter as well....

adam
#36 Posted : 10/21/2014 12:27:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam looks really cool! Nice work. Experimenting more with glass and some other design ideas I had is coming soon. I will be sure to add more pictures when the time comes.

Thank you all for continuing the experiment!

FiniteFox
#37 Posted : 3/15/2015 3:03:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've just bought the glass to make one. Now what remains is filling up the bulb (as shown in other's photos, I'll post one of my own soon) with copper mesh.

My question is, how exactly do you load your DMT into the chamber? Just pour the crystals on the copper mesh, or do you smash it in a screen like a taco and poke that down?

Also, what distance do you have between the ceramic disc and your dmt? Ie: how good of a job does the ceramic disc do at defraying the heat and not burning your dmt?

Bonné
#38 Posted : 8/4/2015 12:34:39 PM

Who are you?

Does anybody have links for european resellers of these parts?

Brennendes Wasser
#39 Posted : 12/3/2018 10:55:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So has ANYONE created this from Europe?

I simply cannot find the J-Hook as when typing it in google I get anything but something which looks like it ... only few real sellers and all from USA.

But I will just try to build the chamber first for a water bong.

I found that ceramic thing, but it is out of GLASS. Is this any problem or is it just made to hold melting spice so that glass will also be nice?

But how do I exactly fill the chamber?

based on this Image I would imagine the following:

1. Put some copper/iron wool into the chamber to RAISE the level if the chamber is too tall, otherwise it has no purpose (or is there any other reason for this? :O)

2. Place the ceramic thing (in my case Glass) on top of it. Here will the spice be deployed so it melts and then vaporizes. --> True ? :o

3. Place the iron pool concentrate pad (which the GVG also has) on top which prevents the flame from directly touching the spice to burn it

so is this correct?

THXX =)

Intezam
#40 Posted : 12/7/2018 8:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
So has ANYONE created this from Europe?

I simply cannot find the J-Hook as when typing it in google I get anything but something which looks like it ... only few real sellers and all from USA.

But I will just try to build the chamber first for a water bong.

I found that ceramic thing, but it is out of GLASS. Is this any problem or is it just made to hold melting spice so that glass will also be nice?

But how do I exactly fill the chamber?

based on this Image I would imagine the following:

1. Put some copper/iron wool into the chamber to RAISE the level if the chamber is too tall, otherwise it has no purpose (or is there any other reason for this? :O)

2. Place the ceramic thing (in my case Glass) on top of it. Here will the spice be deployed so it melts and then vaporizes. --> True ? :o

3. Place the iron pool concentrate pad (which the GVG also has) on top which prevents the flame from directly touching the spice to burn it

so is this correct?

THXX =)

You may have got some things wrong here..we think, even tho it might work this way around and vice versa (the mashine).
The ceramic thingy is not used to deploy the spice in this build, for that we use the steel wire pad. Why? The ceramic disc is rather small, while it fits snug into the top reducer, if we was to put it into the chamber, there would be empty space all around it and most air would pass through that gap.
Here we use the steel wire pad, we melt some spice into it and then insert it into the chamber aka load.....yes, the copper mesh is there to raise the concentrate pad higher closer to the ceramic disc, to close any gaps annnnd to catch run away............so, it is the ceramic disc that blocks the jet lighter heat.
BTW if you search for j jook search for glass pipe j hook.ALSO ASK PPL IN YOUR LOCAL HEADSHOP SHOW THEM A PIC IF NEED BE. THEY SHOULD KNOW WHAT IT BE CALLED IN HISS AND BARK AJAMI. Not sure if your glass health stone will work or fit. If you cannot find the ceramic disc, make your own just cut and/or sannnnnd paper it to the size needed
also if you look at the mid left pic we have some 3 stacked up sieves in between the steel wire and the chore boy which is a personal preferance to reduce air flow

PREV123NEXT