We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Growing Acacia Obtusifolia Options

Drake
#1 Posted : 5/14/2009 9:09:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I am pretty sure it would be smart to grow my own, for the longer term. Acacia Obtusifolia from what I have read so far, and seen in pictures are a little hard to I.D, if you don't know what you are really looking for. I have done a fast search on google, to find one or two sites selling Acacia Obtusifolia seeds. I read on these sites... Or "a" site anyway, that you need to put the seeds in just boiled water for so long. Then you can plant them and whatever.

I am not someone who gardens. So if anyone has an idea how to grow, or knows/has grown their own Acacia Obtusifolia? Could you post some insight?

I only have read up on this information like, last night. So I am learning at a fast rate. Also due to that, I have not had the chance to go to a nursery and see if I can buy a few Acacia Obtusifolia plants. Would make life easy if I was lucky.

How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 5/15/2009 12:22:44 AM

Teotzlcoatl

It is ALWAYS best to grow your own!

Check out the Corroboree for more information on growing this botanical.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

DreaMT
#3 Posted : 5/18/2009 12:17:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

World Wide Wattle has a wealth of information on Acacias, such as "cultivation".

Don't necessarily stop at A. obtusifolia. Perhaps do some research on Acacia acuminata (Raspberry jam wattle).