We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Flu like symptoms after smoking? Options

Oneiroi
#1 Posted : 4/29/2012 6:59:47 PM

Tim

I thought it was just a coincidence the first time this happened, but the past two times I've smoked DMT (about a month apart), the following day I've woken up with flu like symptoms. Achy limbs, hypersensitive skin, a mild headache, and general sick feeling. It seems to go away pretty quickly, about a day or two. Has this happened to any of you guys before? Also, I think it may be due to accidentally inhaling part of the ashes. I'm smoking from a pipe and whenever I wake up from my DMT trance, I notice there's no ashe to dump out.
Anything I say is completely false and should not be taken seriously.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 4/29/2012 7:07:39 PM

Use some screens?

Sounds like a kind of detox reaction.

universecannon
#3 Posted : 4/29/2012 7:51:37 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

strange. not sure what that is

i've had some detox type symptoms from changa though pretty reliably

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

DeMolecularTraveler
#4 Posted : 4/29/2012 8:10:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know if this is related.

The day after I smoked for the second time, I got sick.
I remember eating ben and jerrys frozen yogurt that night, and I woke up with a "pit" in my stomach.
It was icky, and I felt ick all day.
I even tried throwing up on purpose, with little success. Ended up calling into work that night.
I didn't eat more than an apple for 4 days.
I just wasnt hungry, even though I knew I should eat.
Now, my reaction to this was strange. VERY STRANGE.
Since that episode 2 months ago:
I havent had a single soda ( normally 3 or 4 a day easy )
I havent eaten any fast food ( normally at least 1 a week )
I have stopped buying junk food.
I buy lots of fruits, and use them for munchies.
I drink water and kumbachi.
I did eat some brats the other day...and got sick and threw them up.
I eat a lot of spinach/chicken salads ( I used to eat a 2 or 3 pizzas a week )

These are AMAZING things and I can't even explain why I am doing them.
I kind of feel like the spice has taken over a part of me, and is guiding me towards better health.
seriously.
The other day when I went to get groceries, I got a little freaked out because I didnt even feel like I had control over my actions. I just walked to the health section and loaded up and healthy things.
I didnt even walk down the normal isles.
weird stuff.

NOTE: I FEEL GREAT=)

Oneiroi
#5 Posted : 4/29/2012 8:38:13 PM

Tim

^ Awesome man, sounds like the spice is watching out for your health. Smile

Is a detox reaction a good or bad thing? Do you think it's caused by inhaling ashes or something in the changa itself?

۩
#6 Posted : 4/29/2012 8:51:14 PM

I think it's a good thing. A lot of people find that their body adjusts when getting accustomed to these things. What I would reccomend more than anything is meditating on these feelings, sometimes you can learn a lot about yourself from them. As for the ash, I wouldn't worry about it, pretty common thing that happens to smokers sometimes, just try to minimize the amount by passing the vapor through water or some screens. Pleased

universecannon
#7 Posted : 4/29/2012 9:24:55 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Oneiroi, its a good thing. At first it can suck but once you push through it you'll feel better for it. I've experienced detox through several means

With changa (especially if i take some oral harmalas beforehand) its almost everytime now that i will have to run to the bathroom and purge out the #2 exit- this is why i always smoke a low dose first. It feels absolutely amazing afterwards and during its like i can feel my digestive system being cleansed, as if the changa turned on a part of my brain that shifts my bowels into detox mode. Other flu like symtpoms such as a runny nose can spring up at this point to. All this will occur even if i've already gone to the bathroom minutes before originally smoking

After i get settled all is well..i'll feel cleansed and blissful, and from there can smoke more.

I've only had more long-term affects, which seemed related to detox, occur from smoking once- and it was during a juice feast

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Digital Machine
#8 Posted : 4/29/2012 10:46:45 PM

Love

Oneiroi wrote:
...Is a detox reaction a good or bad thing? ...

I totally agree with above posters. Detox is a very good thing but sucks ass to go through. Like when I came off my 8 year opiate addiction cold turkey it was 3 months of living hell.

It seems like its the bodies way of purging or in some cases revolting from us stopping destructive behaviors ... perhaps maybe even psychological cases changing thought patterns could possibly cause detox. When my chronic friends don't get there green they seem to go through a detox of sorts but from what I always heard it just a mind addiction.

Maybe you are being cleansed in some way. Or yes maybe you are just inhaling ash's and your body is reacting. Smile How do you feel after these flu like symptoms? Same, better, worse?
“Accessing your existence before the current one is of no concern, all you need to know is open your Heart and just BE” - A loving Entity from a Breakthrough
“To question is good, but take delight in contentment as well, because always asking “WHY?” too much can create a feedback loop into madness.” - A concern Entity from a Pharma voyage.

Oneiroi
#9 Posted : 4/29/2012 10:52:35 PM

Tim

I'll keep you guys posted on how I feel afterwards. I smoked last night, and I'm still in the middle of the flu like symptoms. I've been feeling terrible all day and have been sleeping it off.

Now that I think about it, the first batch I made enhanced leaf (no caapi), and I didn't get any of these symptoms. I've only got it with this batch of changa.

Purges
#10 Posted : 4/30/2012 8:09:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always feel great after smoalking. There was this one time when I coughed up this blob of black gunk afterwards and I felt kind of shivery for a while, but I think it was just cleaning me out Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Electric Kool-Aid
#11 Posted : 4/30/2012 9:48:09 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Universecannon - I get this too. At first I was thinking "I shoulda gone before" but then I realize I did go before. It makes me have to "go" again... Sorta worried if I take a huge blast into HS and then release.. Oops. So then best thing is like a 5mg blast, hit the can and blast 25mg after..

As for feeling like crap the next day? This happens to me. I wake up with a headache the next morning. I will be monitoring this closer from now on and report back. 3 days without spice then one day and monitor.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

arcanum
#12 Posted : 4/30/2012 12:02:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oneiroi wrote:
I thought it was just a coincidence the first time this happened, but the past two times I've smoked DMT (about a month apart), the following day I've woken up with flu like symptoms. Achy limbs, hypersensitive skin, a mild headache, and general sick feeling. It seems to go away pretty quickly, about a day or two. Has this happened to any of you guys before? Also, I think it may be due to accidentally inhaling part of the ashes. I'm smoking from a pipe and whenever I wake up from my DMT trance, I notice there's no ashe to dump out.

Exactly the same has happened to me the past two times, godawfull flu-like symptoms, nausea, fever, migraine, myalgia. It kicked in some 3-4hrs after smoking. It was after 3 seperate hits in the same evening , x2 Changa in a bong and x1 pure spice in GVG. I also got a lungfull of carbonised Changa. Not nice, the entities were quite threatening and black, they accused me of covering them in soot!

Oneiroi
#13 Posted : 4/30/2012 5:19:50 PM

Tim

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one getting these symptoms. It's been 2 days since smoking and the flu like symptoms are all gone. I can't say I feel better than before I smoked it, I just feel back to baseline.

purple_dye
#14 Posted : 4/30/2012 6:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure your extract was pure or close to it?
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

Pup Tentacle
#15 Posted : 4/30/2012 6:40:29 PM

lettuce

purple_dye wrote:

This

No to sound the alarm bell or anything, but a lot of solvents when inhaled can cause flu-like symptoms. I'm not saying that's your problem, but it'd be good to rule out first.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

arcanum
#16 Posted : 4/30/2012 9:59:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup Tentacle wrote:
purple_dye wrote:

This

No to sound the alarm bell or anything, but a lot of solvents when inhaled can cause flu-like symptoms. I'm not saying that's your problem, but it'd be good to rule out first.

I can't voutch for Oneiroi , but I can hardly envisage a case of solvent poisoning from carefully extracted material with a clean freeze precip. and a 6 week time lapse leaving more than enough time for any micro residue of Naptha to evaporate.

House might be on to something when he mentioned a detox reaction of sorts.

Oneiroi
#17 Posted : 5/1/2012 3:22:19 PM

Tim

Good idea on the impure extract. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way for me to tell now. I'll just be extra careful on my next extraction.

Wax
#18 Posted : 5/19/2012 12:19:52 AM

LUVR

I've had this happen the past two days, I made some salvia and caapi changa and I've been feeling really sore up my back and neck with a slight headache. Not completely sure if I can say it is the changa or I'm just sleeping wrong or something.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

DiMoiTou
#19 Posted : 6/23/2014 10:32:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been having these flu-like symptoms every time I smoked my homemade changa (3 times).
I smoke a few small doses late in the evening and go to sleep 2-3 hours later. I wake up the next morning with hypersensitive skin and a feeling that some ganglions are growing in my throat. I don't remember having a headache though. After a few hours, I feel better already. By the end of the day, I'm all good. I don't think I ever had that sickness feeling from vaping freebase.

My variables:
- The changa is made with MHRB full extract acetate and syrian rue harmalas acetate on a mix of wild lettuce, damiana and passion flower.
- I smoke out of a glass bong with honeycomb and bubbler so there's no way I'm inhaling ashes.
- My girlfriend smoked some of it, less than me, she didn't feel any flu symptoms afterwards.
- I probably smoked weed and tobacco every time before the changa.

FYI, the acetate is because I don't have access to anything more efficient at dissolving the harmalas. Maybe I'll stop infusing harmalas and choose another ROA for them, in case the acetate is responsible for that.