We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Purging and pharma? Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 6/17/2014 10:32:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So after doing more research its starting to look like the reason aya makes people vomit is due to some nasty alkaloids present in caapi as well as in rue.

So if this is correct by extracting just the harmalas one can then take them and prevent the purge correct? I know everyone here JD big on research and I am as well myself it just seems to be very spread out info in regard to this as well as some conflicting opinions.

I know some think purge is part of aya etc. I'm basically lookin for a way to add harmalas to my sessions of smoked DMT. By either making caapi or rue tea, extracting and orally taking them or maybe freebasing them along with DMT in changa.

I'd rather not be sick if I can avoid it. So if anyone can chime in and let me know there experience with this that'd be great. I'm basically looking for the best way to administer harmalas as to where I get little to no nausea and I get the benefit of longer DMT experiences when vaping but with the added coloring of harmalas.

Please note I've only ever done DMT freebase so this is all new to me. Is changa the best route? I'm thinking if I drink caapi tea and then smoke DMT I'll be able to ease into hyperspace maybe multiple times as the caapi tea will be active for quite some time throughout the night. Or will this make me sick?

Any help would be great. I apologize if this should if went in another section better but I put it here as I'm looking for general info on using harmalas whether from caapi or rue with the possibility of it being extracted Brewed or smoked so really didn't know of the best place.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 6/17/2014 11:10:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I can only speak for myself, but I have not experienced nausea from consuming extracted and cleaned harmalas.
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

pitubo
#3 Posted : 6/17/2014 11:17:47 PM

dysfunctional word machine

My experience with extracted and purified harmalas (from rue):
150 to 250 mg harmala HCl oral: no urge to purge, at higher doses my gut feels a little upset, but not something I would compare to a real nausea. Noticable headspace "buzz".
25 mg harmala freebase smoked: no nausea or any gut effect. Noticable headspace "buzz". Freebase DMT smoke amplification/modulation.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 6/18/2014 12:18:25 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Rest assured even pure harmine and harmaline can cause intense nausea/purging, even if there are things in caapi/rue that can make it a bit worse (especially if you don't decant off of the sediment after sitting overnight). I actually prefer brews to pharma though. Anyways nausea and purging is inevitable as you continue to raise the dosage to psychedelic levels but there are ways to smooth it out and you actually get used to it overtime. A lot of the time though the nausea/purging is a brief part of the beginning of the experience that fades for me (laying down still with eyes closed in the dark helps a lot with the nausea or dizzyness that come with high doses of harmalas, and greatly deepens their psychedelic properties), unless I took a real whopping dose.

But yeah drinking caapi tea and smoking DMT is awesome. I don't even bother smoking DMT without ingesting harmalas one way or another. I usually eat harmalas/drink a brew and then smoke changa.

And see the obligatory purge thread if you haven't
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=30502

But don't over think it too much. Just try many different ways of doing these things and you'll feel out what works for you. Smile

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 6/21/2014 10:33:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sublingual harmalas before smoking freebase could be exactly what you are looking for! Stronger than changa and no nausea for me...look it up Thumbs up

Enoon
#6 Posted : 6/21/2014 2:41:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I've always purged using pharma - extracted from rue or caapi. However the purge is just during the come up, after that no nausea, just the pure bliss of dmt.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Jox
#7 Posted : 6/22/2014 3:58:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You must have empty stomac, 7 hours no food, and 2 hours no water.

People say they purge from pharma, wonder how that can be the case, if there is nothing in stomach? If you are sensitive you will be gauging, and some people don't like it and prefer to vomit, but then you will be vomiting the harmalas too.

We always take first harmala and in 30 min dmt. This way it is easier on the stomach. In our experience it is dmt that makes stomach funny...

So you have to try it and find your way I guess.