We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reducing acidity of acetate tincture without creating freebase Options

intosamadhi
#1 Posted : 6/16/2014 3:17:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So if one were to have a very concentrated dmt-acetate tincture for use mucousally (via mouth, in the space between gums and lips), how could one go about reducing the acidity so that the drops could be used without burning the mouth.

It was originally thought that using sodium bicarb would do it without freebasing the spice, but this does not seem to be the case as adding more and more bicarb did not help and the sting was still the same as freebase. Freebase burn is different to acid burn though.

Once the effect kicks in the burn is somewhat forgotten and it works really well, much easier than under the tongue. (Combined with an MAOI of course)

One idea is the combine the acetate with coconut cream (one users reports this works intranassaly without burn).

So if anyone has any other ideas on how to make this mode of admin easier please let me know.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Auxin
#2 Posted : 6/21/2014 12:55:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Buffer.
Assuming you dont have a jar of disodium citrate lying around, fruit juices are buffered to pH 3-4 and both cabbage and carrot juice are pH 5. Fruit juice concentrate would be more concentrated. Ignoring the fat, the coconut milk would be doing the same.

Or just evaporate and redissolve.

All thats assuming there is excess acetic acid and its not just the alcohol burning the tissues. In the latter case, dilute with stirring immediately before use.

intosamadhi
#3 Posted : 6/21/2014 3:07:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
All thats assuming there is excess acetic acid and its not just the alcohol burning the tissues. In the latter case, dilute with stirring immediately before use.

I had not considered the presence of alcohol. The tincture itself was made by back salting the solvent containing freebase with vinegar and then reducing down to a few ml. A drop of the tincture on its own without mixing with bicarb burns considerably.

Wouldn't any alcohol in the solution have evaporated off when reducing ?

Diluting is not really an option because I am trying to find a way to keep the dosage at a few drops so that it can be easily absorbed via the mouth without ingesting. It will be used in the space between lips and gums. So if it is too liquid it will not absorb properly. This is why i was keen on mixing with bicarb because it becomes a paste which aids in the absorption.

I suppose if i just add less bicarb so that it stays slightly acidic rather than going all the way to freebase would be easiest, but this would require trial and error. Or like you say going all the way to freebase and then re-acidifying.

Auxin
#4 Posted : 6/21/2014 4:31:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

intosamadhi wrote:

Probably. When you said tincture I thought you meant tincture (ie. 20-40% alcohol) Laughing

intosamadhi
#5 Posted : 6/21/2014 8:48:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Auxin wrote:
intosamadhi wrote:

Probably. When you said tincture I thought you meant tincture (ie. 20-40% alcohol) Laughing

Ah, ya i just use tincture loosely to mean a small solution container same main ingredient Very happy