We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Limonene pull from NaOH solution? Options

TheAppleCore
#1 Posted : 5/17/2013 9:16:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, quick question.

Is it (relatively) safe to use limonene to pull from a polar extract basified with NaOH? Like following a traditional A/B, but substituting limonene for naphtha at the nonpolar solvent step?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TheAppleCore
#2 Posted : 5/17/2013 9:28:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oooops, I'm lazy. *blushes* I just saw the BLAB tek, which pretty much answers my question...

But, now my question is, in step 4A of BLAB, what exactly happens when you mix the limonene and FASI? Are isopropyl alcohol and limonene miscible, or do they form layers?

#3 Posted : 5/17/2013 11:25:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

TheAppleCore wrote:
Oooops, I'm lazy. *blushes* I just saw the BLAB tek, which pretty much answers my question...

But, now my question is, in step 4A of BLAB, what exactly happens when you mix the limonene and FASI? Are isopropyl alcohol and limonene miscible, or do they form layers?

FASI is miscible with the limonene. As you add small increments of FASI to the limonene, xtals should start to crash out of the limo, eventually settling on the bottom of the jar minus afew floaters.

Al-Wasi
#4 Posted : 6/8/2014 1:45:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:
TheAppleCore wrote:

FASI is miscible with the limonene. As you add small increments of FASI to the limonene, xtals should start to crash out of the limo, eventually settling on the bottom of the jar minus afew floaters.

Is this the same with FASA and FASW? and can they all be used with limo? I've been searching trying to find the plus and negatives of each but can't find much info.

I'm leaning toward FASI as blab specifies it I'm curious as to its advantage over FASW or FASA
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?