We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Mescaline is bad. Options

xram
#21 Posted : 6/3/2014 4:39:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I vehemently disagree with the title of this thread. I know it's being provocative, but still. Set and setting, and dosage, are key. I suggest doing 350-400mg next time with a day planned out in nature. I am confident you'll be whistling a different tune.

If you're more interested in MDMA-like entactogen/empathogen effects without the psychedelia (why?), try ~200mg (depending on body weight) with some good music and someone of the gender you're into that you feel comfortable with. That ought to be enough to get past the uncomfortable perpetual come-up and into feel-good territory.

Purging also helps get rid of that feeling, if you're able. I know some people don't like to do it, but the experience tends to feel much "lighter" afterward, regardless of dose. If you want to avoid the nausea altogether, taking your dose in a few gel caps over 45 minutes or so, together with some lemon essential oil in lemonade - works wonders. As does purifying. If the HCl is giving you issues, try the sulfate.

Main takeaway, don't knock it till you've properly tried it. This is, all things considered, maybe the best substance out there. Meth is bad. Mescaline is divine.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anrchy
#22 Posted : 6/3/2014 10:16:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shanghigher wrote:
Response to this thread as I'm still a new member: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=55951

Obliguhl, you are dosing way too low. 120mg simply won't be the mescaline working properly. At the very least, you need to be aiming for 300mg. Personally, I've had mescaline trips that have turned my entire life around. I've found mescaline to be the most profound psychedelic I've encountered, even trumping my toe dipping into DMT thus far.

I'd recommend just skipping all this small dose lark and jumping in at 500mg. My first mescaline trip was with cactus, after which, I moved onto HCL (you can only drink a cactus smoothie once per lifetime). When I was asking around about dose, one guy also suggested 500mg, adding "quit being a pussy about the best experience of your life". I'm very glad I took his advice.

Also, from your post, you aren't giving enough concern to set and setting. Don't go out in a busy city on psyches, especially if you are unsure of yourself or unfamiliar with the drug!

Last, but not least, mescaline (in cactus, anyway) can make you feel absolutely vile. I've not really had a stomach ache with HCL, but when I went the cactus route, my gut felt awful. The trick here is to A: take enough mescaline so you feel at peace with your rotten stomach (I remember feeling rather good about the whole thing, even though I felt like shite physically) and B: if you feel sick, flush it out! As I found out later when my stomach decided it'd had enough, purging on mescaline takes the trip to a whole new level of awesome.

Found HERE
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

HumbleTraveler
#23 Posted : 6/3/2014 4:32:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would you folks saying jump in with both feet and do 300-500mg even suggest that for a total mesc newb. Id consider myself VERY sensitive to bodily changes in general, so I personally, with no experience, feel like thats intense lol.

Any words of wisdom to back up my questioning of such a large dose, for all of us newbs?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

antichode
#24 Posted : 6/3/2014 7:11:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As Ive heard house say on many occasions…. Eat it…. Eat it all!

xram
#25 Posted : 6/3/2014 8:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

300 is not a high dose even of highly pure mescaline. It's equivalent to maybe one tab of decent acid in intensity. My friend did 290 of light tan HCl at a festival for their first time and it was great but completely manageable. They are pretty sensitive to psychs as well. 500 is going to be a little more full-on, closer to ~200 micrograms of LSD. I'm not sure I'd start there, but you'd be fine and probably have a great time.

antichode
#26 Posted : 6/3/2014 11:01:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xram wrote:
00 is going to be a little more full-on, closer to ~200 micrograms of LSD. I'm not sure I'd start there, but you'd be fine and probably have a great time.

Thats quite a lot of acid, Im not so sure Id compare it to that! But LSD has a profound effect on the visual side of my brain so perhaps its just me. 200mcs is Shocked

500mg mescaline however, thats just a beautiful thing and its the point where things just start to get interesting. 300mg will definitely give you a good feel of things to come without too much commitment I think

HumbleTraveler
#27 Posted : 6/4/2014 12:10:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I swear I saw on erowid the difference in weights of mescaline hcl vs acetate vs sulfate vs citrate. And then each blurb per section mentioned how much more % wise you need compared of X vs Y for the same dosage

I cant seem to refind that. Does anyone know what Im talking about?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

SnozzleBerry
#28 Posted : 6/4/2014 12:28:37 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

From Erowid

Quote:
FORMS of MESCALINE :
If an acid extraction is performed on mescaline containing plant material, different forms of mescaline are produced, depending on the acid used. If hydrochloric acid is used the result is mescaline hydrochloride. If sulphuric acid is used, the result is mescaline sulfate. If citric acid is used, the result is mescaline citrate. And if acetic acid (vinegar) is used, the result is mescaline acetate. Each of these forms has a different molecular weight and therefore dosage...as well as having a different level of solubility in water (the more soluble it is in water, the more mescaline will be extracted from the plant material in an aqueous extraction).

The two most commonly produced synthetic forms of mescaline are mescaline hydrochloride and mescaline sulfate which have very similar dosages. Mescaline sulfate is 11% heavier than mescaline hydrochloride, meaning it takes 11% _more_ mescaline sulfate by weight to get the same effects as a certain amount of mescaline hydrochloride.

If an acid--base--solvent extraction is done on the plant material the result is freebase mescaline. Freebase mescaline is 15% lighter than mescaline hydrochloride (and 25% lighter than mescaline sulfate), thereby requiring 15% _less_ material by weight for the same dose as mescaline hydrochloride. However, most (if not all) extractions end with the freebase being turned into a salt. If the extracted mescaline is not converted to a salt and the solvent is evaporated, it can readily form a salt with the carbon dioxide in the air, forming Mescaline carbonate (molecular weight unknown?).

More information about calculating mescaline dosages
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

xram
#29 Posted : 6/4/2014 2:32:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:

Thats quite a lot of acid, Im not so sure Id compare it to that! But LSD has a profound effect on the visual side of my brain so perhaps its just me. 200mcs is Shocked

Maybe you're right, probably closer to 150mcs (2 hits of decent L, 1 hit of the very good stuff?). Who knows how much actually gets laid on the blotter...

I only meant to suggest that anything over 450mg of mesc is quite fully pscyhedelic for my friend for a solid 8 hours and lingers for another 4 or 5. However, his friend needs 500mg to get anywhere, so ymmv.

With respect to the question of different salts, my friend has only had the HCl and the sulfate, and found them pretty much equivalent dosage-wise. The HCl is technically more potent by weight and the discrepancy might be slightly noticeable, but the sulfate is easier to make very pure, so it tends to mostly even out.

pinkoyd
#30 Posted : 6/4/2014 3:17:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

"If you're not afraid you took too much, you didn't take enough." Terence McKenna

There is some research out there (Sorry, can't cite it ATM) that looked at the relative occurence of bad trips between the different classic psychedelics and mescaline had the lowest incidence, something like a tenth of 1%.

Doses over a gram can be (and are) challenging, but I've never found it to be threatening.
I already asked Alice.

HumbleTraveler
#31 Posted : 6/4/2014 7:17:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Snozz...I did have that page book marked, and I thought there was a more in depth comparison between all types other than just that page. Maybe Im just mistaken and that was the page I was thinking about, but I thought there was info on the % differences of citrate and acetate as well, not just hcl and sulfate.

Smile

Bancopuma
#32 Posted : 6/4/2014 10:55:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My experience with a gram of pure mescaline hcl was one of the most delicious psychedelic experiences I've had in a very long time. It was my friend's first time on the same dose, and after the initial nausea and stomach discomfort we both had a very very nice time. It was completely non-threatening and soothing at that dose, and in some respects a lot more gentle than I was expecting. I couldn't notice much difference between that dose and 666mg (give or take) ingested on two previous occasions. The experience didn't last any longer than it had on the previous times either. I dunno maybe I have a high resistance or something?? But I wouldn't hesitate to take a gram again one day. I find it not so easy to compare to LSD dose wise, but I find LSD to be much more pushy and visually complex in some respects.

PREV12