We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sasha Shulgin nearing death Options

universecannon
#1 Posted : 6/2/2014 6:33:58 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

https://www.facebook.com/sashaShulgin

Quote:
To All Our Friends,

The time has come for me to tell you what none of us wanted to say or hear. Sasha has moved into a new phase, beginning just four or five days ago, characterized by great weakness (he can barely lift his head), loss of weight (he's somewhere around 130 lbs.), and reluctance to utter more than single words at a time.

We are still blessed in that he has no pain -- or when he does have a twinge or even a needle-strike, it's over immediately, and we haven't had to give him any of the strong pain medicines which Hospice has available. We hope it continues that way.

But everything else is not good news. He's holding on to life, or at least his body is fighting the good fight (he was always extremely strong and healthy, until a few years ago), and it's possible that he may live to see his 89th birthday, but we can't be sure. For that matter, he may stay with us for several months more, but we would be surprised if he did.

Sasha knows that he's dying, but that doesn't bother him. He doesn't know he has cancer of the liver, and there's no need for him to know; that knowledge would give him nothing useful. After all, as he has said, "We all have to die of something!"

Thanks to all of you for your support all these years. We appreciate every single dollar and every note or e-mail. You have kept our Tibetan and British caregivers here with him, and he has been surrounded by love and a lot of laughter, due to your help and compassion.

I'll let you know when there is an important change. In the meantime,

Blessings

Ann and Team Shulgin

Much love to him and Ann <3

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Aegle
#2 Posted : 6/2/2014 11:33:11 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Universecannon

Such sad news indeed, sending Ann and Sasha lots and lots of love. ♥

Much Peace and Respect
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

#3 Posted : 6/2/2014 2:35:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

<3

soulfood
#4 Posted : 6/2/2014 5:14:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Such love...

What a life!

null24
#5 Posted : 6/2/2014 6:38:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It is with heavy heart that I read Ann's note. Although I have never ingested any of the substances he discovered, other than the natural extracts, his contribution to the new psychedelic renaissance has been crucial. Without his tireless work and gigantic loving heart, we would not be in the position we are in right now to bring these substances out of the darkness. Both he and Ann have given us all benefits that I am pretty sure will not even be recognized for many years to come. many of the things he did will probably never be known, due to the restrictions on freedom our foes placed upon his work. I am honored to be a part of the revolution he helped usher in.

Weve lost Terrance, and now Sasha is preparing to journey through the bardo-realm as well.

I can comfortably speak for all of us here in wishing him an easy journey. Thank you, Mr. Shulgin, for a life well lived, you benefited us all through your love, knowledge, and wisdom. Eternal peace to you!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

nen888
#6 Posted : 6/3/2014 3:01:56 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..Sasha has passed away..
a truly inspiring and great man..

bless him..

ziggus
#7 Posted : 6/3/2014 3:13:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RIP <3

adam
#8 Posted : 6/3/2014 3:19:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Crying or very sad

May he RIP

He will remain a source of inspiration for me, his level of knowledge and skill in this field will continue too awe me.

I am sure his spirit will continue to influence psychedelic users for a long time to come.

General Gypsy
#9 Posted : 6/3/2014 3:59:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do we know what time he passed?
"Many of us who have experienced psychedelics feel very much that they are sacred tools. They open spiritual awareness."
"The elimination of the fear of death transforms the individual's way of being in the world." -Stanislav Grof

"My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out."
"Drop Out--detach yourself from the external social drama which is as dehydrated and ersatz as TV. Turn On--find a sacrament which returns you to the temple of God, your own body. Go out of your mind. Get high. Tune In--be reborn. Drop back in to express it. Start a new sequence of behavior that reflects your vision." -Timothy Leary

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 6/3/2014 4:17:33 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

RIP <3

Quote:
Alexander Shulgin, June 17, 1925- June 2, 2014
Sasha Shulgin died at 5pm this afternoon. He was a psychedelic
chemist, a visionary, and a cognitive liberty advocate. He was
also a dear friend, mentor, and role model to Earth & I (Fire).
We were lucky to know him.

Gate gate para gate parasamgate bodhi svaha!
All hail the goer. Our love goes with you.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

anrchy
#11 Posted : 6/3/2014 4:56:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Peace and love for his journey to the ether
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

General Gypsy
#12 Posted : 6/3/2014 5:28:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My heart goes with him.

May his journey be a wonderful one into the next phase of his existence.

"Many of us who have experienced psychedelics feel very much that they are sacred tools. They open spiritual awareness."
"The elimination of the fear of death transforms the individual's way of being in the world." -Stanislav Grof

"My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out."
"Drop Out--detach yourself from the external social drama which is as dehydrated and ersatz as TV. Turn On--find a sacrament which returns you to the temple of God, your own body. Go out of your mind. Get high. Tune In--be reborn. Drop back in to express it. Start a new sequence of behavior that reflects your vision." -Timothy Leary

Morris Crowley
#13 Posted : 6/3/2014 5:39:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Godspeed, gentle wizard.

Wishing Ann and the family strength and love in this difficult time.
Follow me on Twitter (@morris_crowley) and on Facebook

Help us grow The Nexian

Entheogenerator
#14 Posted : 6/3/2014 7:15:57 AM

Homo discens

Crying or very sad

I can't even begin to describe how significantly I have been affected by the life and work of this visionary alchemical pioneer... We all must go eventually, I suppose, but that certainly doesn't make it any easier when such a beautiful soul departs this plane of existence. My most sincere condolences go out to Ann, and everyone else on this earth who was close to Sasha.

Sasha, I wish you safe travels through the new realms of existence that await you. Your immense presence and personality will be dearly missed by many.

I will be setting aside a chunk of time this week to celebrate Sasha's extraordinary life, and express my appreciation of the innumerable gifts that he has bestowed on this world.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

BoyPony
#15 Posted : 6/3/2014 3:00:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish we were all together so we could have a big party.....you know that's what Sasha would want! Now he can trip nonstop in glory. Funny that just last week for the first time I acquired one of his "inventions" and was highly pleased with it.

Thanks Sasha!
Welcome to REAL LIFE.
Enjoy it...You certainly earned your place there.

With Love-

-Boypony

Any experiences I or SWIM mention have happened only in my nightly dreams.

Chaquah
#16 Posted : 6/3/2014 3:38:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Goodbye Sasha .. I wish you beautiful and peacefull journey .. you have earned it !

nexusdisciple
#17 Posted : 6/3/2014 8:28:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Your work has had such a positive effect on mine and so many others lives, I am sorry to see you go butt I am glad to know quality of life is no longer an issue. You will never be forgotten. This trip we call life may have ended, but I wish you a ++++ wherever you may end up my friend. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

You continue to be a role model for a generation of chemists and psychonauts. RIP.