We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Response to: Mescaline is bad. Options

Shanghigher
#1 Posted : 6/3/2014 9:27:14 AM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

Response to this thread as I'm still a new member: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=55951

Obliguhl, you are dosing way too low. 120mg simply won't be the mescaline working properly. At the very least, you need to be aiming for 300mg. Personally, I've had mescaline trips that have turned my entire life around. I've found mescaline to be the most profound psychedelic I've encountered, even trumping my toe dipping into DMT thus far.

I'd recommend just skipping all this small dose lark and jumping in at 500mg. My first mescaline trip was with cactus, after which, I moved onto HCL (you can only drink a cactus smoothie once per lifetime). When I was asking around about dose, one guy also suggested 500mg, adding "quit being a pussy about the best experience of your life". I'm very glad I took his advice.

Also, from your post, you aren't giving enough concern to set and setting. Don't go out in a busy city on psyches, especially if you are unsure of yourself or unfamiliar with the drug!

Last, but not least, mescaline (in cactus, anyway) can make you feel absolutely vile. I've not really had a stomach ache with HCL, but when I went the cactus route, my gut felt awful. The trick here is to A: take enough mescaline so you feel at peace with your rotten stomach (I remember feeling rather good about the whole thing, even though I felt like shite physically) and B: if you feel sick, flush it out! As I found out later when my stomach decided it'd had enough, purging on mescaline takes the trip to a whole new level of awesome.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!โ€
โ€• Hunter S. Thompson

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

anrchy
#2 Posted : 6/3/2014 10:19:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i added your reply to the thread, hope you dont mind.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Shanghigher
#3 Posted : 6/3/2014 11:48:28 AM

That's fine - I'd have added it myself if I was a full member Very happy
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!โ€
โ€• Hunter S. Thompson

Shanghigher
#4 Posted : 6/3/2014 5:06:04 PM

In response to Humble Traveler (on the main thread) who said:

"Would you folks saying jump in with both feet and do 300-500mg even suggest that for a total mesc newb. Id consider myself VERY sensitive to bodily changes in general, so I personally, with no experience, feel like thats intense lol.

Any words of wisdom to back up my questioning of such a large dose, for all of us newbs?"

Question, what's your experience with other psychedelics? Have you, for example, done a particularly strong acid trip before?

If the answer is yes, then I'd say go for it. Anything less than 300mg is going to be a waste of time, and if you are going to see Mescalito, you might as well get your money's worth and go large. If you are confident with other psychedelics, you'll be fine with mescaline. If you are of a conservative nature though, you might want to start at 300/350mg to see how it goes, and then feel more confident about cracking 500. From a personal point of view, I've gone balls deep every time with mescaline and loved it.

If the answer is no, then the second question is why do you want to do it? Mescaline isn't a drug to be done purely for fun, and I can see how it could get sketchy if approached in a nonchalant manner. Mescaline for me has been fundamentally more pivotal than any other psychedelic I've done, and made me feel alive and raring to take on the outside world after my first run in with it at a time when my life was nose-diving, and gave me the confidence to completely change my world for the better. But you have to know why you are going in, that you'll be comfortable while you are there, and that you'll appreciate the introspective cross-analysis that it will bring. My first trip was 4 hours of rolling around laughing at how great I felt, another 4 hours walking around the woods feeling connected with nature in a way I have only felt a couple of times since, and then 4 hours of deep psychoanalysis which resulted in me feeling awesome about myself.

Do bear in mind that unlike LSD and others, there is a potential overdose when it comes to mescaline, so don't go crazy. That said, you could munch up to a gram and still be fine, but that would be somewhat chaotic, so I wouldn't suggest going over 500mg.
โ€• Hunter S. Thompson

OTCJ
#5 Posted : 6/7/2014 10:20:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I realize this is a side thread, but thought i'd weigh in with what is I think a relevant point. The purity of even extracted mescaline varies quite substantially depending on extraction technique, and as a result what one person weighs out as "500 mg" might actually only contain 200 mg of mescaline, while what another person weighs out as "300 mg" might be be pretty close to 300 mg of mescaline. 500 mg of 100% pure mescaline would likely be very strong trip for a newbie, but chances are "500 mg" will actually contain quite a bit less than 500 mg, (unless it is pure white powder). Depending on their source, a newbie that buys mescaline and takes between the suggested 300-500 mg is likely to get somewhere between 150-300 mg, which spans from "threshold" to "light/moderate" effects.

Obviously dosing is more precise with any extracted mescaline than raw cactus or cactus tea, but the only way to follow the dosing guidelines found in the literature is to purify extracted mescaline as close to 100% as possible; Otherwise, you just don't really know how much you are taking. On a related note, taking recommendations from people for dosages is a bit unreliable too because you don't know the purity of THEIR mescaline relative to the purity of YOUR mescaline.

Mescaline seems to be a drug that these days is not really in the purview of casual/recreational users, as the only way to know how much you are taking is to extract it yourself, extract multiple doses worth so as to have points of reference, purify as close to pure white as possible, and then take a test dose. Based on the test dose, one can then adjust their NEXT dose accordingly depending on desired effects. If a person had access to mescaline though, they could obtain multiple dosages and do the same thing, but with unverified purity, it is major trial and error and the body load of impure mescaline is quite a bit greater than pure..

It seems to me the only sure fire way to get where you want to be with mescaline is a major Do it Yourself extraction process, (which can be dangerous without a knowledge of chemistry, patience and good technique), and the determination to develop an ongoing relationship with the drug to the point of close familiarity.

Considering there is so much trial and error involved with mescaline use, (not to mention a lot of disappointment), It might just be that these days it is not be a viable option for for most casual/recreational users because of dosing issues creating a high likelihood of taking WAY too much, (as is a risk with cactus tea), and taking way to little for desired effects, (as is a risk with both tea and extracted mescaline).

BTW, thanks for porting the discussion over "Shanghigher"; its a topic that has been on my mind and it was good to have a chance to sort through my recent thoughts on the matter, (despite it potentially fading into obscurity!)

Shanghigher
#6 Posted : 6/10/2014 12:49:30 PM

No problem, OTCJ. Very good points on the extraction and purity.

Mescaline is definitely a tricky one. Cacti can vary in their strength from plant to plant, and, as you mention, not even the powder is 100% reliable, depending on the source. Mesc also has the potential for overdose, unlike LSD or shrooms, which will just put you out of commission for a while.
โ€• Hunter S. Thompson